Windows 10: Stumped this error

Discus and support Stumped this error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was making an image with Macrium Reflect and wound up with an error which stumps me even searching. Any ideas ? Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ken1943, Jun 11, 2017.

1. ken1943 Win User

Stumped this error

I was making an image with Macrium Reflect and wound up with an error which stumps me even searching.
    Any ideas ?

Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell
    Error 5973

Activation of app Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error: This app does not support the contract specified or is not installed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information. ???

Have to find that operational log ?

I do have a weather app from upgrade. Not sure if it is "Bing"
    They do have a Store repair app which requires a MS account.

Any help would be appreciated

:)

ken1943, Jun 11, 2017

2. stumped on this one

if drm is involved then pc suite will still apply the rights, but give it a go and see what happens

seraphim---01, Jun 11, 2017
  3. stumped on this one

Can't you just plug the thing into your PC via USB and copy files on the old fashioned way?

Steve

slitchfield, Jun 11, 2017
  4. Unkn0wn Win User

Stumped this error

Hi,

I have researched a bit on this and the top suggestion is to navigate to C:\\Windows\system32\MCTUX.DLL and rename the DLL and then try starting the application. (Make sure to back up before renaming the DLL)
    Source: Windows 10 Store App won't crashes on open

Also the error seems to be recent since there is another post with almost the same issue:
    Event Error 5973 on Microsoft Solitaire Collection - Windows 10 Forums

Also by not having a microsoft account associated you cannot use the repair tool I would advise on creating one and fixing it that way but if thats not available for you atm, try the first solution.

Also I could advise you to follow this thread and try to solve it that way:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...pplication-log

Unkn0wn, Jun 11, 2017
  5. ken1943 Win User
    Thanks for your reply. At least I am not alone. This is only on one of my three puters. I just uninstalled the weather app and
    reinstalled the apps. Making new image backup now.

ken1943, Jun 11, 2017
  6. Unkn0wn Win User
    Hehe,

Funnily enough I have just checked my Eventviewer and

Stumped  this error [​IMG]
    boom,

here that is,

So I would not be concerned about it too much since I dont seem to notice any problems with it, but I will report back after trying app repair.

edit:
    Nah dont worry, app repair didnt do anything useful, I dont seem to see anything different, maybe wait till the next patch Tuesday? they might fix it, altough if you are experiencing any sort of problems with any apps I would still give it a shot with what I described in the previous posts.

Unkn0wn, Jun 12, 2017
  7. ken1943 Win User
    I also did a repair reinstall of the Creators edition, no luck.
    Another thing, I only see this error with Macrium Reflect Free/ verify image used.
    Sorry if I forgot to mention the verify image setting.

I use about 4 apps, maybe.

ken1943, Jun 12, 2017
  8. Unkn0wn Win User

Stumped this error

Well,

If the error only occurs while using Macrium Reflect Free It might be a good idea to reinstall / repair the software.

But well you see, I have just started my PC, and I also received the same "app error" in event Viewer, and I do not use an Imaging software. But still try to repair the software because It might have got corrupted.

Unkn0wn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Stumped this error

1. Stumped this error - Similar Threads - Stumped error

2. STUMPED: GPedit.msc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STUMPED: GPedit.msc: My windows would not allow me to Win+L to log off. It used to work then just stopped randomly.I tried to open GPedit.msc but the file did not exist. I created a new GPedit.mscI opened GPedit.msc through +RunI navigated to: Administrative Templates>System>??? The "Ctrl+Alt+Del...
  3. STUMPED: GPedit.msc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STUMPED: GPedit.msc: My windows would not allow me to Win+L to log off. It used to work then just stopped randomly.I tried to open GPedit.msc but the file did not exist. I created a new GPedit.mscI opened GPedit.msc through +RunI navigated to: Administrative Templates>System>??? The "Ctrl+Alt+Del...
  4. Im stumped with these random reboots. Any help is appreciated

Im stumped with these random reboots. Any help is appreciated: Random reboots only during gaming and not during benchmarking. Ive swapped PSUs, RAM, even GPUs. Fresh windows and driver installs, different versions, same results. Ive attached the past 3 crashes. If anyone can help out, id greatly appreciate it. dmp files...
  5. Im stumped with these random reboots. Any help is appreciated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im stumped with these random reboots. Any help is appreciated: Random reboots only during gaming and not during benchmarking. Ive swapped PSUs, RAM, even GPUs. Fresh windows and driver installs, different versions, same results. Ive attached the past 3 crashes. If anyone can help out, id greatly appreciate it. dmp files...
  6. I can never see my passwords because I am stumped by the user name and password. Seems like...

I can never see my passwords because I am stumped by the user name and password. Seems like...: I use a picture to sign in to my computer. My passwords are saved with Chrome. To see the passwords, change them etc. Windows wants me to authenticate using a password. I just changed the password. This has been going on for years. Years. It works only by some other temporary...
  7. I can never see my passwords because I am stumped by the user name and password. Seems like...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can never see my passwords because I am stumped by the user name and password. Seems like...: I use a picture to sign in to my computer. My passwords are saved with Chrome. To see the passwords, change them etc. Windows wants me to authenticate using a password. I just changed the password. This has been going on for years. Years. It works only by some other temporary...
  8. I can never see my passwords because I am stumped by the user name and password. Seems like...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Google problem - I am STUMPED! Any brainwaves?

Google problem - I am STUMPED! Any brainwaves?: Certain Google web pages are not loading properly on my Windows 11 PC. For example at Google Help the down arrow to show more help categories, does nothing. Likewise the "Send feedback about our Help Centre" link, does nothing. This problems means that Messages for web...
  10. Windows 10 Activation Error (Seriously Stumped)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation Error (Seriously Stumped): I have had my PC for three years now. I purchased it brand new from a retailer complete with all the bells and whistles including Windows 10. The problem is I'm getting a watermark telling me to activate windows 10. This happened once before but then righted itself ( I...