Windows 10: Stumped with Bluetooth

Discus and support Stumped with Bluetooth in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been updating and doing everything I can think of to add Bluetooth to my Toshiba C55t laptop. I have windows 10, I had Bluetooth with win 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MoonbeamNH, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Stumped with Bluetooth

I have been updating and doing everything I can think of to add Bluetooth to my Toshiba C55t laptop. I have windows 10, I had Bluetooth with win 8.1 but now I cant figure out how to get it on this sucker. Bluetooth doesn't show up in my device manager or anywhere else. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

:)

MoonbeamNH, Aug 1, 2018
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Aug 1, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Aug 1, 2018
  4. ZakkWylde Win User

Stumped with Bluetooth

Bluetooth Mice

What should i get for my lappy? Anyone have any experience with bluetooth mice? any suggestions would be appreciated. Thx

ZakkWylde, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Stumped with Bluetooth

1. Stumped with Bluetooth - Similar Threads - Stumped Bluetooth

2. STUMPED: GPedit.msc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STUMPED: GPedit.msc: My windows would not allow me to Win+L to log off. It used to work then just stopped randomly.I tried to open GPedit.msc but the file did not exist. I created a new GPedit.mscI opened GPedit.msc through +RunI navigated to: Administrative Templates>System>??? The "Ctrl+Alt+Del...
  3. STUMPED: GPedit.msc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STUMPED: GPedit.msc: My windows would not allow me to Win+L to log off. It used to work then just stopped randomly.I tried to open GPedit.msc but the file did not exist. I created a new GPedit.mscI opened GPedit.msc through +RunI navigated to: Administrative Templates>System>??? The "Ctrl+Alt+Del...
  4. Im stumped with these random reboots. Any help is appreciated

Im stumped with these random reboots. Any help is appreciated: Random reboots only during gaming and not during benchmarking. Ive swapped PSUs, RAM, even GPUs. Fresh windows and driver installs, different versions, same results. Ive attached the past 3 crashes. If anyone can help out, id greatly appreciate it. dmp files...
  5. Im stumped with these random reboots. Any help is appreciated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im stumped with these random reboots. Any help is appreciated: Random reboots only during gaming and not during benchmarking. Ive swapped PSUs, RAM, even GPUs. Fresh windows and driver installs, different versions, same results. Ive attached the past 3 crashes. If anyone can help out, id greatly appreciate it. dmp files...
  6. I can never see my passwords because I am stumped by the user name and password. Seems like...

I can never see my passwords because I am stumped by the user name and password. Seems like...: I use a picture to sign in to my computer. My passwords are saved with Chrome. To see the passwords, change them etc. Windows wants me to authenticate using a password. I just changed the password. This has been going on for years. Years. It works only by some other temporary...
  7. I can never see my passwords because I am stumped by the user name and password. Seems like...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can never see my passwords because I am stumped by the user name and password. Seems like...: I use a picture to sign in to my computer. My passwords are saved with Chrome. To see the passwords, change them etc. Windows wants me to authenticate using a password. I just changed the password. This has been going on for years. Years. It works only by some other temporary...
  8. I can never see my passwords because I am stumped by the user name and password. Seems like...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Google problem - I am STUMPED! Any brainwaves?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google problem - I am STUMPED! Any brainwaves?: Certain Google web pages are not loading properly on my Windows 11 PC. For example at Google Help the down arrow to show more help categories, does nothing. Likewise the "Send feedback about our Help Centre" link, does nothing. This problems means that Messages for web...
  10. Google problem - I am STUMPED! Any brainwaves?

Google problem - I am STUMPED! Any brainwaves?: Certain Google web pages are not loading properly on my Windows 11 PC. For example at Google Help the down arrow to show more help categories, does nothing. Likewise the "Send feedback about our Help Centre" link, does nothing. This problems means that Messages for web...