Windows 10: Stupid mouse keeps doubling my single-clicks

Discus and support Stupid mouse keeps doubling my single-clicks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I started up my computer yesterday to find that my mouse was acting up, AGAIN. About 50% of the time I single-click something, the computer would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GuyInDogSuit, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Stupid mouse keeps doubling my single-clicks

I started up my computer yesterday to find that my mouse was acting up, AGAIN. About 50% of the time I single-click something, the computer would interpret it as two clicks. I tried removing the driver and reinstalling it. No dice. Tried changing the double-click speed to the fastest, and it STILL does it. Help?

:)

GuyInDogSuit, Jul 18, 2017

2. Mouse double clicking on single click

My mouse has started to double click since the 2016 update. I have tried changing the doubble click speed and roling the driver back to a previous version, both, hasnt made a difference. I have also tried other mice both wired and wireless i have the same
    problem is with all the mice.

OS windows 10 Pro.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks Carl

carlleatherbarrow, Jul 18, 2017
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Mouse double clicking on single click

Hello Carl,

To fix the issue with your mouse, we suggest checking Nachappa C K troubleshooting post

here

Let us know what happened.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jul 18, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Stupid mouse keeps doubling my single-clicks

Clean the pad and bottom the mousey? Batteries? Re-seat USB if wired? Re-seat Dongle?

f14tomcat, Jul 18, 2017
  5. It's a wired mouse, laser/optical. I can't figure out where the screws are, otherwise I'd take it apart and clean it.

It doesn't seem to be doing it right now, fortunately. I think every time I restart the computer, it "reboots" the mouse and either it works fine or it doesn't. Very odd.

GuyInDogSuit, Jul 19, 2017
  6. Mystere Win User
    I have the same problem with my 2 year old Logitech MX Master. I'm pretty sure it's a mechanical problem.. probably have to get a new one.

Mystere, Jul 19, 2017
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    One of the least expensive things on a PC. Just run out to Staples or Best Buy, etc.

Example:

Stupid mouse keeps doubling my single-clicks [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Jul 19, 2017
  8. Stupid mouse keeps doubling my single-clicks

It's a gaming mouse, which was fairly pricey, even for Amazon. The mouse isn't even that old. Can't be a mechanical issue, don't think so. I have a spare mouse but it's a small, wireless travel size mouse. Too small for my hands. Can't afford a new mouse currently.

GuyInDogSuit, Jul 19, 2017
  9. spunk Win User
    Try a different mouse, just to test, if that solves it, then it is your gaming mouse.

spunk, Jul 20, 2017
  10. Dude Win User
    Probable clips together

11. I did, and after a few reboots, I had the same issue.

GuyInDogSuit, Jul 21, 2017
  12. Still having this annoying issue.

GuyInDogSuit, Jul 28, 2017
  13. Procxlite Win User

Funny enough, everyone says it's a hardware issue. I don't think so. In fact, recently, my friends and I who all have different mice and one who actually recently got his have started having the issue. Sometimes it just randomly double-clicks, and it's not consistent. There's not a "reproduce like this" sort of thing. I don't hate Windows or anything, I just think it was something in the recent update. On an unrelated note, Steam has also started running really poorly for my friends and I.

Some things to note for the reason why I think it's Windows:

Friend 1 hardware: I5-6500, Razer Deathadder
    Friend 2 hardware: Phenom II x6 1055t, Corsair Glaive
    My hardware: Ryzen 7 1700, Logitech G602

I left all the other hardware out to not make this an essay lol. But my point here is that these are all different generations in terms of internal hardware (if I can word that properly, I hope you know what I mean, sorry :|) and they all run Windows. The only relatively common point all of them have is that they are gaming mice. Maybe it's a bit of an issue the OS has with gaming mice? The Corsair Glaive is the one that's new btw.

Procxlite, Jul 29, 2017
  14. Mystere Win User
    Well, mine was definitely hardware. I replaced my tired MX Master with a new MX Master 2S and the problem went away.

Mystere, Jul 29, 2017
  15. I've had similar issues with my Logitech Trackball. For me it was the actual click button that gave out. Too many hours playing FSP games I think, it was the trigger button. I would get no click, or double click, or single click. I took it apart and replaced the left click button and all was fine again. I just bought a corded Logitech mouse and stole one of the buttons from it. It was a perfect match. I'm a retired electronic technician so no big deal for me. Now I have two spare buttons if it happens again. I don't think my trackball was ever meant for gaming. It took a pounding before it finally failed. Swap the button functions and see what happens. If it then works normally (other than having to push the other button) its a mechanical issue. If the other button does the same thing there is something else going on.

alphanumeric, Jul 29, 2017
Thema:

1. Stupid mouse keeps doubling my single-clicks - Similar Threads - Stupid mouse keeps

2. Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked: This issue began about a month ago and I have been dealing with it ever since, and I am at my wits end trying to resolve it. I have researched, read multiple solutions, and implemented quite a few of them to resolve the double clicking issue but none of them have worked....
  3. Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked: This issue began about a month ago and I have been dealing with it ever since, and I am at my wits end trying to resolve it. I have researched, read multiple solutions, and implemented quite a few of them to resolve the double clicking issue but none of them have worked....
  4. mouse double click on single click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  5. mouse double click on single click

mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  6. Mouse Double-Clicks on Single Click After Sleep

Mouse Double-Clicks on Single Click After Sleep: Very strange and specific issue. Specifically every time I wake the PC up from sleep, the mouse double clicks on single inputs. The only solution is to unplug and reconnect the usb. Issue occurs on Windows 10 x64....
  7. Mouse keeps double clicking

Mouse keeps double clicking: How do I successfully stop my Microsoft mouse from randomly double-clicking?There must be a way to make a driver that works that can be pushed out as an update.The risk and hassle of random double-clicks is very real, perpetually unsettling and leaves the user feeling anxious...
  8. Mouse Issues - Double Click Action on Single Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Issues - Double Click Action on Single Click: Win 10 Pro Workstation Intel Xeon, 16Gb, 2x500Gb SSD - Computer 2 months old. - All updates and patches via Windows and Dell Support Assistant When I single click on a menu button, radio button, menu item, or check box it acts as if I've double clicked. So if its a...
  9. Mouse double clicking on single click on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse double clicking on single click on Windows 10: Mouse double clicking on single click on windows 10, pretty sure its software issue as: 1) it does not happen on another windows 8 laptop 2) I have managed to solve it temporarily (1 day) after uninstalling all drivers through device manager and restarting my laptop. Also...
  10. Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click: Hi there. I have a generic logitech mouse and since I moved to Windows 10, it's been behaving really weirdly. I am not sure if its the issue with the mouse or is it due to something on Windows 10. When I click on an icon on the desktop with a single click, it sometimes...