Windows 10: Stuttering streaming video playback in Edge and Internet Explorer

Discus and support Stuttering streaming video playback in Edge and Internet Explorer in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi folks. @ppappas Using a browser for streaming Video can cause stuttering for basically all or any of these reasons 1) Internet connection... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Stuttering streaming video playback in Edge and Internet Explorer

Hi folks.

@ppappas

Using a browser for streaming Video can cause stuttering for basically all or any of these reasons

1) Internet connection slow can be either on your ISP provider or the source streaming site server is busy or both.

2) Poor or slow I/O - Slow Disks on the Host system i.e your computer.

3) Internet browser also running concurrent scripts like scraping data / collecting data from you to target ads .

4) If transcoding needed host computer (i.e your computer) not powerful enough to transcode at speed of stream.

An often used remedy is in fact to buffer the stream i.e it can say accumulate 10 secs worth of stream which it stores in a special temporary file - so on any delay from the source stream it has 10 secs worth stored in the buffer.

Easy way to explain this --put some water in a bathtub. Remove the plug -- now the water coming out of the bath tub is your video stream. Turn off and on the taps randomly. So while you get a varying rate of water coming into the bath tub the output stream should be constant.

However IMO the best way of running Video streams on any device is to use the excellent free KODI program -- add the stream content source. Browsers are the worst way for running high quality HD continuous streams -- few minutes of YOUTUBE stuff etc OK - but for Movie watching etc forget it.

KODI plays music as well can also play from any NAS server / shared files you have - you don't need a multi-media server on your NAS etc and although VLC is good (and can stream from various sources) KODI actually handles more formats.

Kodi can also play from URL's too obviating the need for using a browser so NETFLIX possible too. (Must have legal subscription though).

How to Install Netflix on Kodi 17 Krypton - The VPN Guru

More info on KODI and URLs :

Internet video and audio streams - Official Kodi Wiki

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
  2. ppappas Win User

Hello, I posted this over in the Microsoft community, but nothing I haven't tried has been suggested, so I am hoping someone here might have a solution.

At some point in the past several months, Edge stopped being able to play streaming videos smoothly. The audio if fine but the video is very slow and choppy. Internet Explorer has the same problem, but Chrome, Firefox and Pale Moon all play videos just fine. It doesn't matter which source, it happens on You Tube, Netflix, Amazon, etc...

I can play local and NAS resident video files with MS Media Player and VLC, as well as DVD and Blue Ray disks with no problem either.
    My system is a Dell Precision M6700 mobile workstation, i7-3840QM CPU, Nvidia Quadro K4000m Graphics card, 32GB memory and running Windows 10 Pro Fall Creators 10.0.16299.
    I have tried repairing and resetting Edge, and have also reinstalled by deleting the package from the %appdata% local directory and using the following command;
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}
    So far nothing has helped, I even tried selecting "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering" in the Internet Properties control panel. And, my Nvidia driver is the most recent stable version.
    I haven't used Edge or IE all that much which is why I don't know when this all started. I have been running Windows 10 on this system for a couple of years.
    I am at a loss and have run out of ideas. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Thanks,
    Peter

:)

ppappas, Apr 25, 2018
  3. JWH226 Win User
    Win 10: Edge on my PC cant see any Youtube video and Flash not working too

Same here. sound, no video. AMD chipset. Chrome works. Edge doesn't, Internet Explorer has similar issues but works part time. Sound sometimes stutters.

JWH226, Apr 25, 2018
  4. VinLee#1 Win User

Microsoft Edge

Confused, Microsoft Edge the same as internet explore 11. Trying to stream video show on cbc.ca and suggest to use Internet explorer 11. If explorer 11 is not part of Microsoft edge, can you have Microsoft edge and internet explorer 11 on the same
    computer. I am using windows 10 on a dell all in one inspirion.

Thanks Kerry

VinLee#1, Apr 25, 2018
  5. Helmut Win User
    I'm a regular user of IE 11 and nothing wrong with streaming video HTML5 or Flash Player in IE 11, Edge, or Chrome Browsers using Intel iGP(HD 4600), or Nvidia graphics(GT 740M). Very minimal addons to those, no Ad blockers.
    All drivers are those supplied by Windows updates.

Helmut, Apr 25, 2018
  6. ppappas Win User
    Edge and IE 11 used to work just fine streaming video for me as well, but somewhere along the way this problem started. Since I don't use these as my main browsers, it's not super important to fix, but it bugs me when something doesn't work on my PC as it should and I can't figure out why. *Mad

ppappas, Apr 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Stuttering streaming video playback in Edge and Internet Explorer - Similar Threads - Stuttering streaming video

2. HEVC video has stuttered playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HEVC video has stuttered playback: The problem persists for more than 2 years. It was in Windows 10, now it successfully migrated to the new Windows 11. Any video encoded in HEVC has stuttering playback like 10 frames play forward, then 5 goes back and the solution of this obviously awful codec error have not...
  3. HEVC video has stuttered playback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC video has stuttered playback: The problem persists for more than 2 years. It was in Windows 10, now it successfully migrated to the new Windows 11. Any video encoded in HEVC has stuttering playback like 10 frames play forward, then 5 goes back and the solution of this obviously awful codec error have not...
  4. Streaming video stuttering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Streaming video stuttering: Hi, I have a frustrating problem with my PC for two months. It’s Windosws 10 Home edition.It’s all started after one Windows update. I don’t know exactly which one because I didn’t at first associate it with that. So I first tried to remove all recant updates, but that didn’t...
  5. HP Stream 14 Video Playback Horrible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP Stream 14 Video Playback Horrible: I've had this laptop for about a year now, it was used when I got it so I did a reset and everything worked perfectly fine for about 8 months, every video that would play in any media player would just have horrible playback, it would be so choppy, forcing me to reinstall...
  6. Stuttering Video Playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stuttering Video Playback: I have a PC Laptop with Windows 10. Since the most recent update in November, my videos have not played smoothly, instead they start and stop constantly, whether it's Chrome, Firefox, the DVD player or the Netflix app. I have tried updating the apps, installing different...
  7. Video/audio streaming stutter issue

Video/audio streaming stutter issue: Windows 10 1809. Hewlett-Packard AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon(TM) HD 8400 R3 Series Graphics 2..00GHz. RAM 4.00 GB 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor. I have been experiencing video/audio streaming stuttering and noises on Netflix, Prime and YouTube in Chrome,...
  8. Video playback stutter from local and streamed content

in Windows 10 Support
    Video playback stutter from local and streamed content: Hi all Is it actually possible to get completely smooth video playback on Windows 10? I have tried everything. Updated drivers, clean re-install, upgraded GPU from 970 to 1070. Out of desperation I then bought another i7 PC just to see if it was my hardware was at fault...
  9. video playback stuttering

video playback stuttering: video playback stuttering https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-playback-stuttering/db841da1-dc0c-4e93-bba9-dd619955dbbe
  10. Issues streaming and playback audio and video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues streaming and playback audio and video: Since about a week I'm having issues with streaming and playback. When I start my laptop, it works fine, but after a (short) while, I cannot playback anything. No YouTube or Souncloud (in the browser), no Spotify (with application), not even local files with Windows Media...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video stutters microsoft edge

2. ms edge video playback stuttering

3. internet explorer video stuttering

4. edge stuttering video,
  5. pritikin videos freezing or choppy using IE,
  6. video stuttering on windows edge,
  7. watching twitch choppy on internet explorer,
  8. edge video streaming stutter fix,
  9. microsoft edge video playback stuttering,
  10. edge browser stuttering video,
  11. edge stuttering video playback,