Windows 10: Subscription Basis Only?

Discus and support Subscription Basis Only? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just read that Win 10 is to be available on a subscription (online downloadable) basis only. If that is true, how does a computer homebuilder (who... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by poolmon, May 11, 2015.

1. poolmon Win User

Subscription Basis Only?

I just read that Win 10 is to be available on a subscription (online downloadable) basis only. If that is true, how does a computer homebuilder (who normally buys a builder's OS DVD to insert upon first boot from the BIOS) install Win 10 since the homebuilt computer will not yet have an OS on it capable of launching a browser to go online and download anything?

:)

poolmon, May 11, 2015

2. Installation of MS Word

My subscription is for office 2016/office365 and the payments are on EMI basis

Haridas Marar, May 11, 2015
  3. mgibbins Win User
    Windows Live on Nokia N95

thanks for that = it is a shame the Windows version is not available to all, even on a subscription basis.

If anyone else knows a work around to get it working from the UK please let me know.

Thanks.

Mark

EDIT: removed business web address
    Message Edited by damocles on 05-Jun-2007 11:41 AM

mgibbins, May 11, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Subscription Basis Only?

That's rumor and speculation

5. Winuser Win User
    Welcome to the forums Poolmon! Don't believe everything you hear. As far as I know MS has never said Windows 10 is going to be subscription based.

Winuser, May 11, 2015
  6. poolmon Win User
    poolmon, May 12, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    It is not only speculation it is also just plain wrong and contrary to what Microsoft has said numerous times. The only thing that will be by a subscription is Office 365 which is already that. If MS were to change their stand on this, the lawsuits would delay it's release for years.

8. Mystere Win User

Subscription Basis Only?

That's essentially a "blog" post.. note that the guys title is "contributor". If you read, it's poorly written with terrible grammar and spelling errors. Not something you would expect from an official "forbes" news article.

The guy is confused about "subscription" and "upgrade".

Mystere, May 12, 2015
  9. OK, thanks.

*Ditto To the "The guy is confused about "subscription" and "upgrade". comment already posted.

alphanumeric, May 12, 2015
  10. MS apparently filed for a trademark on the phrase "Windows 365" in January.

Hmmm.............................what might that mean?

ignatzatsonic, May 12, 2015
  11. Mystere Win User
    It might just mean they want to prevent others from taking it, and trying to use it.

Mystere, May 12, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    Lots of companies do that all the time. And yes, I agree..

BunnyJ, May 12, 2015
  13. Subscription Basis Only?

Even if they do decide to offer a Windows 365, it doesn't mean that will be the only option.

alphanumeric, May 12, 2015
  14. Gary Win User
    It would not be, how many Magazine subscriptions do you have??*Biggrin

15. At this point, I'm surprised actual windows (as in the things you look out of from a home) are still allowed to be called "windows" or an apple called an "apple". *Rolleyes

fracking4oil, May 13, 2015
Thema:

Subscription Basis Only?

1. Subscription Basis Only? - Similar Threads - Subscription Basis

2. refund subscription

in Windows 10 Gaming
    refund subscription: Hi,I cancelled the subscription on Saturday but you took the payment anyway today Monday 22nd 04 2024Can you please contact me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refund-subscription/75713fa4-6f84-44e7-84c3-38a99900c979
  3. refund subscription

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    refund subscription: Hi,I cancelled the subscription on Saturday but you took the payment anyway today Monday 22nd 04 2024Can you please contact me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refund-subscription/75713fa4-6f84-44e7-84c3-38a99900c979
  4. After i cancelled my Game Pass Ultimate subscription my microsoft store and xbox app dont...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After i cancelled my Game Pass Ultimate subscription my microsoft store and xbox app dont...: A week ago i cancelled my Game Pass Ultimate Subscription and now when i try to install something on the Windows Store or the Xbox App it doesn't let me. On the Xbox App it deleted all my apps i had on it. I already tried resetting and repairing both apps but they remain the...
  5. After i cancelled my Game Pass Ultimate subscription my microsoft store and xbox app dont...

After i cancelled my Game Pass Ultimate subscription my microsoft store and xbox app dont...: A week ago i cancelled my Game Pass Ultimate Subscription and now when i try to install something on the Windows Store or the Xbox App it doesn't let me. On the Xbox App it deleted all my apps i had on it. I already tried resetting and repairing both apps but they remain the...
  6. I have two mindcraft subscriptions that i purchased for my kid yesterday, how do i cancle...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two mindcraft subscriptions that i purchased for my kid yesterday, how do i cancle...: I have two mindcraft subscriptions that i purchased for my kid yesterday, how do i cancle and get refunded for oneApril 11, 2024 Order number 7521706559April 11, 2024 Order number 4306042871...
  7. I have two mindcraft subscriptions that i purchased for my kid yesterday, how do i cancle...

I have two mindcraft subscriptions that i purchased for my kid yesterday, how do i cancle...: I have two mindcraft subscriptions that i purchased for my kid yesterday, how do i cancle and get refunded for oneApril 11, 2024 Order number 7521706559April 11, 2024 Order number 4306042871...
  8. I am getting charged on a monthly basis for what is seemed to be a Microsoft subscription,...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I am getting charged on a monthly basis for what is seemed to be a Microsoft subscription,...: I am getting charged on a monthly basis for what seems to be a Microsoft subscription, and I don't know what it isthe latest charge I got was on 15th August 2023 for an amount of AED 99.46 at MSFT*E0600OLQT2I need your help in understanding what exactly this charge is against...
  9. I am getting charged on a monthly basis for what is seemed to be a Microsoft subscription,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting charged on a monthly basis for what is seemed to be a Microsoft subscription,...: I am getting charged on a monthly basis for what seems to be a Microsoft subscription, and I don't know what it isthe latest charge I got was on 15th August 2023 for an amount of AED 99.46 at MSFT*E0600OLQT2I need your help in understanding what exactly this charge is against...
  10. I am getting charged on a monthly basis for what is seemed to be a Microsoft subscription,...