Windows 10: Substitute for PC Tools (PC Shell) for Win 10 File Copying

Discus and support Substitute for PC Tools (PC Shell) for Win 10 File Copying in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Years ago, the PC Shell utility in PC Tools allowed you to copy single or multiple directories and files from one location to another, e.g.: from one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Florida Rene, May 31, 2017.

1. Substitute for PC Tools (PC Shell) for Win 10 File Copying

Years ago, the PC Shell utility in PC Tools allowed you to copy single or multiple directories and files from one location to another, e.g.: from one partition to another. But that suite has been absorbed by Symantec. Beyond Compare was another good oldie because it let you see folder contents side-by-side.

I'm looking for a replacement to overcome Win 10's stupidity. I.E., if four folders all contain a same-name file with perhaps different elements, Win 10 sees those files as the same even though they're in different directories. PC-Shell used to be able to copy them all into the correct corresponding locations while Win 10 halts, saying they're the same and won't copy file 1 into folder 1, file 2 into folder 2, etc., unless you examine them separately. That's fine for 3 or 4 instances, but not when you're copying massive collections. Yesterday, I had 71 such instances in one copy session.

Any wonderful ideas? Of course, free would be good. But low cost is good too. Appreciate the help.

:)

Florida Rene, May 31, 2017

2. Transfer one drive files to new PC

I am getting a new PC (Win 10). Old PC (Win 10) had one drive files with the login associated with that copy of Win 10. How do i get the old one drive files to my new PC? Do I need a new ID/PW on the new Win 10 or do I use the old one on the new PC?

MikeBridges, May 31, 2017
  3. 154Neil Win User
    Win 10 Pro Activation Failed get “ Activation failed because this device doesn’t have a valid digital entitlement or product key. Error code 0x803F7001”

I actually did the upgrade to Pro version on 2 PC. On 1 PC I do not have a recovery and it originally had Win 7 and I actually have CD that came with the PC to restore the OS. So am I better off using the restore original OS and then upgrade to Win 10?
    I looked at the clean install link you provided and it talks about downloading downloading the media creation tool, if I do that and choose "for another PC" then how do I get the drivers for the PC? ( I have copies of all my programs to reinstall and personal
    files so I will not lose anything).

On the second PC where I do have a recovery USB drive, is there any difference in clean install between keeping my files or not keeping my files (Again I have copies of everything and can reinstall all of my programs an files).

154Neil, May 31, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Substitute for PC Tools (PC Shell) for Win 10 File Copying

Would this be something worth looking at:
    http://freecommander.com/en/summary/
    I have it on a couple of computers, have also had Total Commander [paid] on a computer for a few years. I also use Commander One on my MacBook Pro with macOS Sierra, quite similar.

Berton, May 31, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    Built in robocopy does all that and you can now get gui if you don't like Cmd very fast been around for years

Samuria, May 31, 2017
  6. Thank you, Berton. Sounds good. I'll look into it shortly and report back 2 U.

Thank you, Samuria. I'll try your idea if Berton's doesn't work.

7. clam1952 Win User
  8. Substitute for PC Tools (PC Shell) for Win 10 File Copying

Bravo, Berton!

You hit the nail on the head. Easy to download, install, and use right away. Just what I needed. Now in the middle of copying 4 partitions and it's flowing smoothly, so I thank you very, very much.

9. Berton Win User
    You're welcome, glad it worked for you.

Berton, Jun 1, 2017
  10. Would also like to recommend MultiCommander. It's a two-pane file manager and it really does great with copying over net works!

Mark Phelps, Jun 1, 2017
  11. Thank you, Mark. Looks good on the surface so I'll try to remember it if Free Commander stops doing what I need.

One quick, small point, FYI...Chrome says the MultiCommander.com site is "Not Secure". So, I quickly X'd out of it.

Florida Rene, Jun 1, 2017
  12. Berton Win User
    I just went there with the latest Firefox and no problem.

Berton, Jun 2, 2017
  13. Substitute for PC Tools (PC Shell) for Win 10 File Copying

Thank You, I'll keep that in mind.

Florida Rene, Jun 2, 2017
  14. Thank you. I'll try to remember that if FreeCommander falters.

Florida Rene, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Substitute for PC Tools (PC Shell) for Win 10 File Copying

1. Substitute for PC Tools (PC Shell) for Win 10 File Copying - Similar Threads - Substitute Tools Shell

2. copy files and profile from windows 10 pc to windows 11 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy files and profile from windows 10 pc to windows 11 pc: What is the recommended way to transfer files and profile from a windows 10 pc to a windows 11 pc? This includes documents, pictures, music, videos to ensure that windows media player has the same descriptive names and genres that were set up on the old computer....
  3. copy files and profile from windows 10 pc to windows 11 pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    copy files and profile from windows 10 pc to windows 11 pc: What is the recommended way to transfer files and profile from a windows 10 pc to a windows 11 pc? This includes documents, pictures, music, videos to ensure that windows media player has the same descriptive names and genres that were set up on the old computer....
  4. copy files and profile from windows 10 pc to windows 11 pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. New Win 10 PC will not connect to other Win 10 PC's

New Win 10 PC will not connect to other Win 10 PC's: I bought a new PC a few months ago and made it my main comuter which is wired to my router. Thing is that I can not connect to any of the other 3 PC's running Win 10. I does see one of them but will not connect to it and says that I may be typing the wrong name. My new PC is...
  6. i purchased a copy of win 10 but the PC has died, can I use the same copy on a new pc that...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i purchased a copy of win 10 but the PC has died, can I use the same copy on a new pc that...: i purchased a copy of win 10 but the PC has died, can I use the same copy on a new pc that I am building https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-purchased-a-copy-of-win-10-but-the-pc-has-died/1bfa0ba2-d381-437a-8e56-e68c2b3de3cb
  7. copying file from pc to usb

copying file from pc to usb: when trying to copy files from my pc to a usb drive I keep getting error 0x80004005. everything seems to be updated properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-file-from-pc-to-usb/c7cf6956-94ea-4c44-b888-b47aea2deb6d"
  8. Chrome files on my Win 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome files on my Win 10 PC: I have never installed Chrome on my Win 10 PC and don't want it. However, I have lots of files that show up when I do a File Explorer search for "Chrome". Chrome is not listed as an app - so I can't uninstall it. There is a file in C:\Windows\WinSxS called Chrome.browser....
  9. File explorer, This PC, in the menu bar I have File-Computer-View and missing Tools, win 10

File explorer, This PC, in the menu bar I have File-Computer-View and missing Tools, win 10: How to restore missing Tools in --File explorer, This PC, in the menu bar I have File-Computer-View and missing Tools, win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-this-pc-in-the-menu-bar-i-have-file/1c96f79b-d38e-4c1d-8725-28d236c5ab43"
  10. Classic Shell on Windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Shell on Windows 10 pc: I need to help my mum every now and again with technical issues on her Windows 10 pc, but live a long distance away. I have installed TeamViewer 13 for this purpose. I'm a newbie with Windows 10 since changing my own pc recently, and have installed Classic Shell. I wanted to...