Windows 10: Subwoofer no longer automatically works after a restart

Discus and support Subwoofer no longer automatically works after a restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey all, I've ran into a very obnoxious new problem as of late. It appears that, every time I restart my computer, Windows refuses to output audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Schewe, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Schewe Win User

Subwoofer no longer automatically works after a restart

Hey all,

I've ran into a very obnoxious new problem as of late. It appears that, every time I restart my computer, Windows refuses to output audio to my subwoofer-- until I go into my sound card software and toggle from 5.1, to stereo, then back to 5.1 again.

Seeing as it seems it's no longer possible to disable automatic Windows updates, I can only assume this is Microsoft's doing. My speaker setup has always worked perfectly on Windows 7 and even after my transition to Windows 10 several months ago. From what I gather, this issue began occurring sometime within the past couple weeks. My drivers are all up to date and I haven't manually updated anything lately that would likely be the culprit.

The odd thing is-- playing a test tune to the subwoofer through Windows playback settings or Sound Blaster Pro Studio always succeeds... yet no audio to the sub from any programs until I go in and pointlessly fiddle with the speaker configuration. I've also noticed my Enhancements tab is now missing from playback device properties.

Any help, suggestions, or reports of similar problems are greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I would just like to take this moment to say how much I despise Microsoft and Windows...

Lots of attachments and whatnot.

System Spec

Computer type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: Gigabyte
    CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k
    Motherboard: GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
    Memory: 16GB DDR4
    Graphics Card(s): x2 AMD Radeon HD 7950 (crossfired)
    Sound Card: Creative Sound Core3D (software: Sound Blaster Pro Studio)
    PSU: Corsair AX1200i

:)

Schewe, Jul 20, 2017
  2. MLClarkTN Win User

Subwoofer doesnt work after upgrading to Windows 10

After I installed the Windows 10 upgrade my sound is horrible. The subwoofer no longer works and it sounds almost like AM radio. What can I do to correct this?

MLClarkTN, Jul 20, 2017
  3. USB mouse no longer works after PC restart

NO WEN IP PLUG IN D MOSE THATS D ONLY WAY D MOUSESHOWING UP WENT IT PLUG OUT NOTTING ON D TOUCH PAD

kestersoftleigh, Jul 20, 2017
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Hi, have you checked for any software updates for your board, specifically soundcard updates?

BTW I have both a Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 8 board. And also a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming GT board but that one isn't in use. At any rate this is what my software looks like...

Subwoofer no longer automatically works after a restart [​IMG]

But, my board features a different sound solution than yours - Creative Sound Blaster certified ZxRi 120dB+ Audio (my board). Creative SoundCore™ 3D Gaming Audio (your board).

That said, even though the on-board sound is enabled, I don't use it since I'm running a high end USB DAC.

Anyway check for a driver update. Additionally, there have been plenty of reports about issues with Gigabyte's SB solutions. Point is it may not entirely be a "Windows 10" issue.

If you search through this thread here, you'll find all sorts of sound issues with GB & SB - Gigabyte Z170 \ H170 \ B150 Discussion, Help and Owners Club ( Ultra durable and Gaming editions ) - Page 160

With that, my backup system is a Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5, and I'm using it's on-board sound solution, but 1) I rarely use the backup, and 2) when I do play it, the sound seems to be working fine, but I'm not doing 5.1, nor any extensive sound stuff.

Lastly, there have always been reporting of weird issues with multi-channel sound under all manners of Windows so...

sygnus21, Jul 20, 2017
  5. Schewe Win User
    Thanks much for the response! I had checked for driver/software updates previously but I honestly probably didn't look hard enough. I'll dig around once I'm home from work and see if I'm missing any software updates.

Schewe, Jul 21, 2017
  6. fireberd Win User
    Usually with a 5.1 speaker system there are three connections to the PC sound. You only show two??

fireberd, Jul 21, 2017
  7. sygnus21 Win User
    Please elaborate?

sygnus21, Jul 21, 2017
  8. fireberd Win User

See THIS it can explain it all.

fireberd, Jul 21, 2017
  9. sygnus21 Win User
    Depending on speaker system there may be many ways to hook them up. I for example have a powered speaker and powered subwoofer system where I have a number of hookup options, and not all listed in the instruction manual.

And the OP already stated things work well until they reboot.

sygnus21, Jul 22, 2017
  10. Schewe Win User
    Ok, so, did some digging and unfortunately came back with nothing but worms.

I have reinstalled Sound Blaster Recon 3di using the most recent driver download available for my board and also tried some other more recent SBX software suites (none of which are compatible).

BUT... I think I have a general prognosis of what's happening-- none of my playback device settings are remembered upon reboot. All my proper settings are displayed in the control panel but this is a false representation as, in reality, the settings have reverted to 2ch stereo with no enhancements. Adjusting any setting in the Sound Blaster control panel will cause all my settings to "wake up".

Another unfortunate side effect of this is-- my HDMI devices also disappear completely until I also go and toggle crossfire on and off upon restart. Needless to say, it's all a bit inconvenient.

I guess my next course is to try and rollback from the Windows 10 creator's update... and eventually just start with a fresh copy of Windows 10 or something.

Schewe, Jul 22, 2017
  11. Schewe Win User
    Update-- the problem is solved after formatting both my drives and starting with a fresh Windows 10 install. Probably not the solution any future readers want to see, but here we are!

Schewe, Jul 25, 2017
  12. fireberd Win User
    Sadly that is needed sometimes. The problem was not the sound card or drivers but a Windows corruption that caused the problems.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Subwoofer no longer automatically works after a restart - Similar Threads - Subwoofer longer automatically

2. Restart and Shutdown No Longer Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart and Shutdown No Longer Work: When I click on Start > Power > Restart, my PC starts to shut down but gets stuck with a spinning circle on a blue screen. Clicking on Start > Power > Shut down gets stuck the same way. If I type the command "Shutdown /s /f /t 0" the PC will shut down. In Regedit I enabled...
  3. Restart and Shutdown No Longer Work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart and Shutdown No Longer Work: When I click on Start > Power > Restart, my PC starts to shut down but gets stuck with a spinning circle on a blue screen. Clicking on Start > Power > Shut down gets stuck the same way. If I type the command "Shutdown /s /f /t 0" the PC will shut down. In Regedit I enabled...
  4. Restart and Shutdown No Longer Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Bluetooth speaker no longer working after restart.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth speaker no longer working after restart.: My speaker Bluetooth stopped working following an update and a restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-speaker-no-longer-working-after-restart/84c289ba-6498-464c-89e4-96a4365ad011
  6. Mic No Longer Working After Restarting PC

Mic No Longer Working After Restarting PC: Basically I had BM800 and it nolonger works on one of computers after I restarted this morning. I hooked it up to my phone through some cables and that works but it doesnt work on my PC.. and when it does. I have to be screaming into it....
  7. Automatic Restart After Automatic Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Restart After Automatic Update: Dear Microsoft, I purchased Windows 10 Pro licenses for all of my computers so I could stop automatic updates and automatic restarts. Why do you insist on doing automatic updates and automatic restarts in spite of my choice to not do this? I did a Google search for...
  8. Subwoofer

Subwoofer: So I bought a subwoofer and connected it to my computer. From there I tried it out and it didn’t work. I then went into audio setting and did all the funky stuff there. In the test menu, both my left and right speakers work but not my sub. For reference, I have a 2.1 sound...
  9. Subwoofer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Subwoofer: Hej Har ljudsystem Logitech Z313. Efter uppdateringen slutar subwoofwern att fungera. Detta hände vid förra uppdateringen också. Då gjorde jag en återställning till älder verision. Samt varje gång jag skulle hör fick jag gå in och göra högtalar systemet inaktiv/ aktiv...
  10. Asus N55SL Sonicmaster external subwoofer no longer works after windows 10 1809 build update

Asus N55SL Sonicmaster external subwoofer no longer works after windows 10 1809 build update: HI, so i use an Asus N55SL and one of the selling points on it is the B&O ICEpower sound system - personally it rivals the best of today's PC's - and in order to achieve the bass so well it uses an external subwoofer that you plug in, however, after the latest build of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. soundblaster recon3di reboot speaker config lost