Windows 10: Successful laptop install of Windows 10

Discus and support Successful laptop install of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I successfully completed an upgrade install of Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite L775 this evening. It took 6 hours total, including hours of watching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EPaul72, Aug 3, 2015.

1. EPaul72 Win User

Successful laptop install of Windows 10

I successfully completed an upgrade install of Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite L775 this evening. It took 6 hours total, including hours of watching and waiting, but everything that I've tried so far has worked. I just wanted to post this because we all curse Microsoft from time to time. Two points of advice: 1. be patient, 2. when it's done, it might not tell you. I waited 1 1/2 hours for some notification. It never came. Finally, with minimal disk activity showing, I physically shut down, waited a bit, and restarted. When it came back up, it ran through its list of "Setting up. . .,"Taking care. . . ," "Let's Start," "Adding features . . ," So far, I'm thrilled. I know, I'm lucky (but not usually).

:)

EPaul72, Aug 3, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 3, 2015
  3. MBuckner Win User
    Successful install of 10 then catastophy

I sucessfully installed Windows 10 and was "exploring" it when I absent mindedly clicked on the wrong button. I immediately lost Windows 10 and ALL my programs and data (which had tranferred seamlessly to Win10). And Windows 7 Pro was reinstalled on my
    computer! Service Pack 1 is present, but I do not have the windows icon for installing Windows 10 again. What can I do to restore Windows 10 and any, if not all of my data and programs?

MBuckner, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Successful laptop install of Windows 10

greatvovan, Jan 23, 2016
  5. Hi I too have Toshiba laptop and have had no keyboard problem.
    If you are did Toshiba not upgrade your BIOS and keyboard driver.
    Mine was done just before I upgraded to 10 from 8.1
    Then once upgraded Toshiba then ran a check and finished updating my laptop
    Mine was done via the Toshiba Service Station

hTconeM9user, Jan 23, 2016
  6. Glad it went ok for you mine did once Toshiba updated the BIOS and latest drivers.
    Probably why that long was also to install the latest upgrade and updates.
    I love Windows 10 and would never go back to any other OS

hTconeM9user, Jan 23, 2016
  7. EPaul72 Win User
    My laptop is Satellite L775-S7105. Windows 10 is still running satisfactorily, but it is slow, very slow.

EPaul72, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Successful laptop install of Windows 10

1. Successful laptop install of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Successful laptop install

2. In windows 10 I installed kb5033373 patch installed successfully but not visible in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In windows 10 I installed kb5033373 patch installed successfully but not visible in...: In windows 10 I installed kb5033373 patch installed successfully but not visible in systeminfo, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-i-installed-kb5033373-patch/6e5cff63-7e9a-413f-becf-7e041c131549
  3. Window Vista to Windows 10 on a Toshiba laptop installed successfully but Internet connection?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Vista to Windows 10 on a Toshiba laptop installed successfully but Internet connection?: Window Vista to Windows 10 installed successfully but Internet connection? First step install Windows 7 from from retail DVD. Next install clean set up, install from desktop to. So Windows 7 install successfully. I install Windows 10 operating system from the desktop....
  4. Windows 10 Notification "STM32 BOOTLOADER SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED".

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Notification "STM32 BOOTLOADER SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED".: Hello - hopefully this is the right place to ask. I had above notification popup on windows 10 out of the blue - I have checked online and can't find anything related. Is this something I should be concerned about? I am currently running a full system scan. The driver shows...
  5. "0x0ec02d4c.exe" was not installed successfully

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "0x0ec02d4c.exe" was not installed successfully: hi, this is an issue related to a game i am installing through EA Origin, and i am getting support there but they have yet to actually figure out a solution and its obvious they dont know. so i wanted to post here since they kept saying this was related to a microsoft...
  6. iTunes not successfully installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iTunes not successfully installed: i was installing itunes on my windows 10 but it suddenly goes to rolling back action. It freeze,i shut down the pc then open it and run the windows it still works. I disconnect the internet then i check the program files. itunes is there but i know it’s not successful the...
  7. iTunes not successfully installed

iTunes not successfully installed: i was installing itunes on my windows 10 but it suddenly goes to rolling back action. It freeze,i shut down the pc then open it and run the windows it still works. I disconnect the internet then i check the program files. itunes is there but i know it’s not successful the...
  8. Developer successfully installs Windows 10 on OnePlus 6T

in Windows 10 News
    Developer successfully installs Windows 10 on OnePlus 6T: Windows 10 ARM on OnePlus 6T wasn’t an April Fools’ Day joke after all. A software developer, who also goes by the alias NTAuthority, has posted another screenshot which shows off the Windows 10’s desktop on OnePlus 6T. A group of developers has been trying to bring Windows...
  9. No success installing a driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No success installing a driver: I'm trying to install a driver for the Behringer x32 X-USB card on my Windows 10 desktop computer. When I right click the installer file and Run As Administrator I see momentarily that it says Extracting to about 80% and then nothing further happens, the installer doesn't...
  10. 8.1, upgrade to Windows 10, then clean install. Success.

8.1, upgrade to Windows 10, then clean install. Success.: Windows 8.1 Activated with Genuine Product Key (I've used Genuine Product Keys since Windows 3.00a). I upgraded to 8.1 Pro with another Genuine Product Key. I tried to upgrade to 10 Pro without installing updates on 8.1 Pro (over 100 updates) but no luck. I had to install...