Windows 10: Successful Sysprep and SSD duplication; boot loop during setup.

Discus and support Successful Sysprep and SSD duplication; boot loop during setup. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought 5 Lenovo M900s with W10 Pro pre-installed. I configured machine A completely and then successfully ran Sysprep, OOBE - (Generalize) >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chaynie, Jul 14, 2016.

1. chaynie Win User

Successful Sysprep and SSD duplication; boot loop during setup.

I bought 5 Lenovo M900s with W10 Pro pre-installed. I configured machine A completely and then successfully ran Sysprep, OOBE - (Generalize) > Shutdown. I took the source SSD from machine A and a target SSD from machine B and put them in a duplicator and successfully ran that process. I pulled the target SSD from the duplicator and inserted back into the machine from whence it came, fired it up and it it whirred to life... "Getting resources ready" passed. "Region/Language" passed. At the "Customize settings" screen I have used both the "Express settings" and customized the options available. When I click next it goes to a black screen, thinks for 5 seconds, and then reboots back to the region selection screen. I have successfully used this method previously with 5 Lenovo M900s configured the exact same way.

:)

chaynie, Jul 14, 2016

2. Setup loop after SysPrep

Hi Daniel,

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved.

I really appreciate your effort in resolving the issue. Hope this will help others who is facing the same problem.

Keep posted for any concerns, we're glad to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 14, 2016
  3. DanielKan Win User
    Setup loop after SysPrep

Hey guys,

I wasn't able to use certain applications due to my account being a so called "internal administrator". I did some searching under the windows help sites and found some steps using sysprep to turn my account into a regular one and disable the administrator
    privileges.

Well, I did run the sysprep with the generalize option and waited for the reboot. Right now I'm stuck on a loop that goes from selecting my country and time zone, going to selecting a wifi connection and then selecting express configurations, after that
    I get some "just a moment..." and then a reboot, where it all starts again.

Is there any fixes? I researched a while but couldn't get any answers so far. By the way i can't reset the pc, it says it's found a problem, and I can access the f2 and f12 while booting and the repair options too. Thanks for the attention!

EDIT: Aparently this place I'm stuck at is the Oobe, that comes before setting a username and password.

DanielKan, Jul 14, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Does the ooriginal, the source SSD go into restart loop, too? Sysprepping Windows 10, OOBE restarting a few times and always coming back to languages and formats dialog is not unusual. I've occasionally had three restarts before finally getting to user creation and further.

We could check the answer file, and if the source SSD goes through OOBE normally also the setupact.log file from C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep\Panther folder. Please zip them and attach in a post, of course replacing all possible personal information in answer file with Xs or whatever.

5. chaynie Win User
    I am checking that now. I will reply with the answer and the files if successful. Thanks.

chaynie, Jul 14, 2016
  6. chaynie Win User
    Source drive is behaving the same way. I will run through OOBE 4 or 5 times to see what happens.

chaynie, Jul 14, 2016
  7. Kari Win User
    This is what I have experienced, not factual information: If OOBE wont proceed after three restarts, that's it. I've never had more than three restarts and then succeeded.

8. chaynie Win User

No luck after four attempts.

If I were to restart this process are there some steps you would have me follow to get machine C ready for duplication?

chaynie, Jul 14, 2016
  9. Kari Win User
  10. chaynie Win User
    I am not clever enough to use an answer file when setting up new machines. I will give it some consideration in the future.

Thank you for your tutorial. I have not looked through it yet, but will use it to get these machines ready... hopefully.

chaynie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Successful Sysprep and SSD duplication; boot loop during setup. - Similar Threads - Successful Sysprep SSD

2. BSOD during setup of Windows on SSD from USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during setup of Windows on SSD from USB: I followed this: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html in order to do a fresh install of Windows 10 Home onto my SSD from my hard drive.Now I am experiencing BSOD when attempting to set up Windows. Specifically during the pin setup, Cortana...
  3. BSOD during setup of Windows on SSD from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during setup of Windows on SSD from USB: I followed this: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html in order to do a fresh install of Windows 10 Home onto my SSD from my hard drive.Now I am experiencing BSOD when attempting to set up Windows. Specifically during the pin setup, Cortana...
  4. BSOD during setup of Windows on SSD from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Boot Loop During Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Boot Loop During Installation: I am trying to do a clean installation with a bootable USB. As soon as it starts loading and the windows logo flashes for like 2 seconds, the PC will reboot.What I have tried:- UEFI boot- Legacy boot- Different editions of Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise- Using a different hard...
  6. Windows 10 Boot Loop During Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Boot Loop During Installation: I am trying to do a clean installation with a bootable USB. As soon as it starts loading and the windows logo flashes for like 2 seconds, the PC will reboot.What I have tried:- UEFI boot- Legacy boot- Different editions of Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise- Using a different hard...
  7. Windows 10 Boot Loop During Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. setup loop

setup loop: hello i have been installed windows in virtual box, but when i'm in the setup menu i keep getting the oobe error i have gotten oobekeyboard,oobestetings, obbewelcome, oobeuotro when i get to services i brings me back to the basics tab and it's done that like 3 times....
  9. Sysprep gets stuck 'Processing generalize phase Sysprep plugins' Then it boot loops loading...

Sysprep gets stuck 'Processing generalize phase Sysprep plugins' Then it boot loops loading...: I am trying to capture Windows 10 2004. I selected litetouch.vbs --> provided the administrator credentials and The sysprep execution starts while executing sysprep the VM boot loops loading files and power off. I had created a new workbench with a deployment share but it...
  10. Unattended setup (Sysprep & unattend.xml) is not working for me

Unattended setup (Sysprep & unattend.xml) is not working for me: I've been trying to create a customized Win10 Pro (Build 1903) install image for the last week or so. No matter how many tutorials I follow, answer files I create, or installs I perform, I just cannot get it to work properly. Every time I go to install Windows from my custom...