Windows 10: Successfully removed default apps in admin account but ...

Discus and support Successfully removed default apps in admin account but ... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I managed to get rid of a lot of apps in my admin account by using the code (see screenshot) but i can't remove them in user account . I tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by fredc, Aug 30, 2015.

1. fredc Win User

Successfully removed default apps in admin account but ...

I managed to get rid of a lot of apps in my admin account by using the code (see screenshot) but i can't remove them in user account .

I tried the code that is supposed to prevent the user account from having all the apps re install but it didn't work for me .

Any idea what would work to rid most of the default apps in the "user" account ?

Thank you

:)

fredc, Aug 30, 2015

2. Deleted all administrative and users a/cs and typed net user administrative /active:no in CMD

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

Here are the steps to enable the default admin account on your computer.

Enable default administrator account

Click Start, type cmd in search box , Right Click CMD in the list and open as administrator

Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
    net user administrator /active:yes

After the account is enabled, a new user account will appear on the signin page.

Note that the account has not assigned a password to it, and that you should consider setting one to improve account security.

After successfully giving administrator privilege to your account and removing unwanted account, you can disable Default admin account.

To disable type following command in Command prompt

net user administrator /active:no

Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Aug 30, 2015
  3. User Account Control Mess

Why do You need to remove any admin account ? You ll always need one ! I have an admin account with a blank password . Also the default hidden admin is active .

AS i pointed out above make your account admin and take over .

leopard_jumps, Aug 30, 2015
  4. fredc Win User

OK, i tried brink's tutorial and as you can see , still having issues removing apps in "user"account . Admin account it worked though.

fredc, Aug 31, 2015
  5. fulo Win User
    I've only had luck on one of the laptops and home using the "remove from all user" commands in powershell as admin.

* 3Dbuilder
    Get-appxpackage -allusers | where-object {$_.packagename -like "*3dbuilder*"} | remove-appxpackage

Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*3dbuilder*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online

Each user musr remove the apps.

# (To uninstall 3D Builder app for current account only)
    Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage

HTH

fulo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Successfully removed default apps in admin account but ... - Similar Threads - Successfully removed default

2. Remove admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove admin account: I have a nearly brand new computer from an employment situation that did not work out. The company told me I could keep the computer. The company had set up an admin account on the computer and then canceled my user account. There is no way for me to log in to the computer...
  3. Remove admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove admin account: I have a nearly brand new computer from an employment situation that did not work out. The company told me I could keep the computer. The company had set up an admin account on the computer and then canceled my user account. There is no way for me to log in to the computer...
  4. Default admin account for launching apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default admin account for launching apps: Hi there,I have raised this question before, but so far got no proper answer. Here is the link to the old discussionhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/how-to-change-the-default-admin-account-for/f68e2b2e-4d8e-4030-960a-7332699a0731Below I...
  5. Default admin account for launching apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default admin account for launching apps: Hi there,I have raised this question before, but so far got no proper answer. Here is the link to the old discussionhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/how-to-change-the-default-admin-account-for/f68e2b2e-4d8e-4030-960a-7332699a0731Below I...
  6. Default admin account for launching apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How to change the default admin account for launching the apps

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change the default admin account for launching the apps: HiWhile I was resolving some problem on my computer today, I created an additional admin local account.Now when I want to launch a program that requires the authorization from the administrative account, I have to choose between 2 of my admin accounts. The problem is that my...
  8. Admin account removal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin account removal: I am an administrator on a laptop that i no longer have if i change my password to my account will it log me out of that role on other devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-account-removal/b2e0ce59-6b65-413c-8914-f708f27ab3bf
  9. Remove Admin account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Admin account?: I recently performed a disk cleanup and reinstallation of Windows, I'm trying to put my backed up folders in their rightful places but there is an Admin account interfering with this that I can't seem to get rid of. I went to Settings-->Accounts-->Family and Other Users, but...
  10. Admin account removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin account removal: I purchased my laptop from a previous owner. The admin account has an email address that the previous owner says isn't his because he erased all his info off before selling. I cant access the account to remove it because its not my email and I have no password. How can I...