Windows 10: Sudden loss of picture on one of the displays

Discus and support Sudden loss of picture on one of the displays in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I've got no idea what to think of it, why it happened and because of what. I have 2 displays, had them for 2 years now and Nvidia GTX 9700. One of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by binks, Jul 15, 2017.

1. binks Win User

Sudden loss of picture on one of the displays

I've got no idea what to think of it, why it happened and because of what. I have 2 displays, had them for 2 years now and Nvidia GTX 9700. One of them is connected to my graphic card via HDMI and the other one is plugged via DP. A few minutes ago, while I was talking to my friend on Facebook, suddenly my screens went blank and after a second both of my screens were linked via Nvidia Surround - thought that it's strange as I didn't ask for it and didn't give this command. But ok, went to Nvidia control panel and unchecked option "span displays with surround". Applied and from this moment my 2 screens stopped working. The one connected via HDMI. First of all - whaaaaaaaaaaat????
    What's going on in a first place that system changes display properties without any action on my part.And second - why now my second display stopped working?
    I know that it's not the cable cause when I unplug HDMI, then the 2 monitor starts working. In Nvidia Control Panel I can change settings in only one monitor(one connected via HDMI), in Windows settings I do see 2 displays but the one that was working just a minute ago, is greyed out and I can only change settings of one. What's going on here?

Edit: Forgot to mention. Did system restart, it didn't help. In device manager I can see 2 monitors, there is nothing wrong with them.

:)

binks, Jul 15, 2017

2. Sudden loss of internet access on Windows 10

After clicking on an e-mail notification of a Messenger post from a Facebook friend, my computer suddenly became unresponsive. I closed everything using the control-alt-delete keys and shut down the laptop overnight. This morning, there is still no internet
    access, even though my computer says the connection is secure. What steps should I take to correct this problem? I am asking this question using the family desktop computer, which obviously IS connected to the internet.

Cookecutter, Jul 15, 2017
  3. Sudden loss of 165 gig of hard drive space

For no apparent reason I went from more than 165 gig open on my C drive to only 200 mb. The User folder in Windows 10 now shows it takes up more than 165 gig but its contents do not. Help, what should I do?

GilTanenbaum, Jul 15, 2017
  4. Sudden loss of picture on one of the displays

I run NVidia on my two desktop PC's and haven't ever had that happen. Not saying it didn't, just that its not a normal thing to happen as far as I know. I've had all my displays flicker when the driver is updated, they usually all come back though. Go to Settings > System > Display, and see if they are both listed. If they are go to the bottom where it says Multiple Displays and see what its set to. You want Extend. Pressing the Windows Logo Key *Start + P will also get you a quick menu to change the mode.

alphanumeric, Jul 15, 2017
  5. binks Win User
    Thank you. It did work. As this happened out of the blue( I was literally writing to my friend on facebook when it occurred) and I wasn't thinking about this, I was lost. So yes, It did work.
    But why did it happened in the first place??

Edit: Maybe it'll help others. What I did was: went to settings->display, on this card in multiple displays section - extend these displays

binks, Jul 15, 2017
  6. Why it switched from Extend to Surround I have no idea? Turning Surround off likely switched it back to just "PC Screen only" mode. My displays are different sizes/resolutions so surround won't work for me. I lose my center monitor, it just goes blank. It's 1080p and my other two aren't.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sudden loss of picture on one of the displays

1. Sudden loss of picture on one of the displays - Similar Threads - Sudden loss picture

2. sudden file loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sudden file loss: Sudden file loss after May windows update. Slideshow background option unresponsive. Is my file structure corrupted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sudden-file-loss/529abc34-b51e-441b-b70c-03f9c4ada01b
  3. sudden file loss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sudden file loss: Sudden file loss after May windows update. Slideshow background option unresponsive. Is my file structure corrupted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sudden-file-loss/529abc34-b51e-441b-b70c-03f9c4ada01b
  4. sudden file loss

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Crashes and Display Loss

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes and Display Loss: From this morning, I have had two instances where my displays go off and fan RPM increases. System comes back after around a minute. My system is under a light load when this occurred MS Edge open and using Citrix Workspace to connect to remote PC. In each case, I have...
  6. Loss of display on monitor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loss of display on monitor: While trying to add a second monitor display, I selected an option to show the screen content on the second monitor and the original disappeared, I now have two blank screens. How do I retrieve the original signal and how do I project it on both display monitors? Because...
  7. Sudden loss of audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sudden loss of audio: Was on youtube,everything's fine,then bam,no audio,and I checked all the normal things you might think of,there was no intervention or modification on my part,and the device manager says everything is okay,so what is it? submitted by /u/Salt-Pattern-1917 [link] [comments]...
  8. Loss of display colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loss of display colors: I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1909. I have lost my variety of colors used to personalize the display. There are a few icky looking blues, yellows, gray & black. The display colors are so horrible I cannot look at the screen without getting a horrible headache....
  9. Viber: suddenly started saving pictures to One Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viber: suddenly started saving pictures to One Drive.: Viber normally downloads received image files to %USERPROFILE%/Pictures/Viber folder. However, on one of my Windows 10 Pro x64 machines it suddenly started to download its images to OneDrive folder, under OneDrive/Pictures/Viber. Other machines still seem to work as before....
  10. sudden loss of HD space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sudden loss of HD space: I had almost 300 g of 500 g free and suddenly it went to under 100 g. I did a system restore from before the memory loss and it is still there. can I find these 'files' and delete them or what is the problem? 28473

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cyberpower sudden loss of.display