Windows 10: Sudden Problem with Image Burn

Discus and support Sudden Problem with Image Burn in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been burning many DVD backups with my external DVD burner. Now there's a snag: When I choose a folder to be burned to disc, and if I check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by battlezone, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Sudden Problem with Image Burn

I have been burning many DVD backups with my external DVD burner. Now there's a snag:

When I choose a folder to be burned to disc, and if I check the folder's content before adding it to the burn list, the folder is empty. The folder icon itself, however, shows that there are files inside.

If I check the same folder with the Windows File Browser, I see the content.

Then I tried this: I copied the remaining folders that need to be backed up to the pc. I tried burning the folders from the PC to DVD via the external burner but I have the same problem: there are no files in the folders I am trying to burn. In the PC's File Browser, the files are there.

I would think it's Image Burn causing this problem. How can I fix it?

I then used the inbuilt DVD burner to burn my backup discs without a problem. I did not use ImageBurn, but whatever utility *(what is it called?) Windows 10 uses.

:)

battlezone, Feb 11, 2018

2. Media Player

All of a sudden media Player has stopped burning discs, I have looked around the web but no real answes any ideas?

NickGregory1, Feb 11, 2018
  3. DebbieNoe Win User
    Windows Media Player Problem in Windows 10

My windows media player has said it stopped working and it will shut it down and let me know what the problem is but it just stays there. I can not rip a cd or burn a cd. please help me find out why all of a sudden it stopped working,

DebbieNoe, Feb 11, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

Sudden Problem with Image Burn

If IMGBurn is the only problem and you can burn with any other program, then Uninstall IMGBurn and restart the computer then download the latest version of IMGBurn and reinstall it. There is a download link in my signature.
    If you have problems with IMGBurn, then you can also try downloading the free CDBurnerXP and choose to make a Data DVD backup.
    If you are doing data backups you should get a USB HDD and just drag and drop your backup jobs to the USB HDD rather then rely on DVD's.

spunk, Feb 11, 2018
  5. Thanks for your reply.

Generally, my primary and secondary backups are on external drives, The DVDs are the third backup for certain files.

Right now I am having difficulties with my external drives (unable to eject, and I don't know which processes to kill in Task Manager/Process Explorer to eject the drives) But that's a topic for another post.

Your Image Burn download link goes to a defunct page (Not Found). I have uninstalled ImageBurn and downloaded it again from the ImageBurn website. (I used Mirror 7, which comes with adware I chose to opt out).

How can I find out what program/utility Windows 10 uses to burn discs with the inbuilt burner?

EDIT: I did install a new version of ImageBurn, and the problem persists. Since it was working fine at first without a problem, I wonder what suddenly caused the problem.

Just to make sure: If I click the Add a Folder icon in ImageBurn, a file browser pops up and I can choose a folder. When I double-click the folder in the file browser, I see no folder content. When I click the Add Files icon in Image Burn, I do see the files in the folder. Is this the expected behavior or not?

battlezone, Feb 11, 2018
  6. Okay, I think it was my mistake. I apparently had file explorer open in another window and was looking at the folder contents in there and not in the File Browser that pops up when clicking "Add a Folder" in ImageBurn. It seems to be normal behavior that you cannot see folder content when you choose "Add Folder." I must have gotten really tired when burning DVDs yesterday. I was sitting there for over 10 hours and apparently got a bit chicken-soupy in the head. My bad.

battlezone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sudden Problem with Image Burn

1. Sudden Problem with Image Burn - Similar Threads - Sudden Problem Image

2. CD burning problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD burning problem: A few weeks ago agter my laptop updated Windows Media player stopped letting me burn my cd's. I restored my computer and it worked again and then I cancelled the update feature as I need to do some things urgently. Yesterday it stopped working again. I see other people asking...
  3. CD burning problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD burning problem: A few weeks ago agter my laptop updated Windows Media player stopped letting me burn my cd's. I restored my computer and it worked again and then I cancelled the update feature as I need to do some things urgently. Yesterday it stopped working again. I see other people asking...
  4. CD burning problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD burning problem.: I have a Dell Inspiron with an external CD/DVD R/W. I've been burning audio CDs in Windows 11 since I bought it with no problems. Suddenly it will only burn to data. They play if I open them as a file in the computer but that format doesn't work in a CD player. I didn't...
  5. CD burning problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD burning problem.: I have a Dell Inspiron with an external CD/DVD R/W. I've been burning audio CDs in Windows 11 since I bought it with no problems. Suddenly it will only burn to data. They play if I open them as a file in the computer but that format doesn't work in a CD player. I didn't...
  6. DVD burning problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD burning problem: DVD burning problem, as soon as it is 99% complete, error 0xc0ΑΑ0301 appears, it happens on a DELL inspiron 15, 5000 Series laptop using windows 10 pro software and other software without the same problem. Is it possible to fix it? Thanks!...
  7. cd burning problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cd burning problem: Windows Media Player says cd is "filled" I have tried uninstalling any other dvd players still doesnt work help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-burning-problem/21f1b624-12fd-4a74-981f-389bc518ee63
  8. CD burn problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CD burn problem: I am having problems with my Windows Media Player CD burner. When I get the songs selected and hit "Start Burn", the "progress" indicator will start and in only a few seconds it will "shoot" all the way over to complete. However, there will be nothing burned to the CD....
  9. Suddenly I no longer burn DVD's with menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Suddenly I no longer burn DVD's with menu: I have successfully made MANY DVD's and BluRay disks with DVD Architect (Magix/former SONY) for about 9 years. Very recently that capability has ended. I suspect it is a Windows 10 issue. Does anyone else have this problem? What is the solution? Thank you....
  10. Will Casting labtop to tv burn image into tv?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will Casting labtop to tv burn image into tv?: I knew this for a while but I came to an assumption that this only happens when you have it plugged in via HDMI but I want to know weather this can happen wirelessly or not. 113613