Windows 10: Sudden problem with program(s) installations.

Discus and support Sudden problem with program(s) installations. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Build 15002, clean install updated to 15007. Some programs I was able to install and run for long time now suddenly will not install. Traced problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CountMike, Jan 15, 2017.

1. CountMike New Member

Sudden problem with program(s) installations.

Build 15002, clean install updated to 15007.
    Some programs I was able to install and run for long time now suddenly will not install. Traced problem to Windows installer (32bit) (msiexec.exe) (which just gets stuck with 3 instances). Opens in full screen or minimized and could be stopped only from Task Manager.
    I tried unlocking them, running as administrator and all compatibility modes.

:)

CountMike, Jan 15, 2017

2. always installing at start

I reinstalled program after program, although they were installed once by cable and PC-suite. All of a sudden the problem disappeared.

It was ShoZu,FlickR, OfficeSuite,MobiReader,Zip manager and F-secure.

Seems that some of these program that don´t come by Nokia made the problem. Some files missed probably.Now it is working without tendency to start with installation.

Thanks for advice everybody.

kjellsundberg, Jan 15, 2017
  3. install java,s program

Hi masters

how to install java programs on windows phone 8?

mahdi_talkhabi, Jan 15, 2017
  4. Sudden problem with program(s) installations.

I guess you have already ran typical temp/disc cleanup routine. Have you tried this one?

The batch mentioned in comments seem to be an improved version, which works even better.

WMI: Rebuilding the WMI Repository | Ask the Performance Team Blog

Running this one is safe:

Winmgmt /salvagerepository

Running this one will reset it completely, so installed MSI software might/will fail:

Winmgmt /resetrepository

P.S.: I am going through the unanswered posts, the reason for the delayed reply, maybe obsolete already.

TairikuOkami, Jan 20, 2017
  5. CountMike New Member
    Sorry, should have marked it as solved. Problem was with AMD drivers. GPU drivers also contain drivers for chipset, USB and AHCI. When I clean installed 15002 and updated to 15007 only drivers for GPU were installed (16.2) and windowsinstaller(32) was getting stuck. Once I installed proper, full drivers from AMD (16.2.2) and updated to 17.1.1 everything was fixed.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Sudden problem with program(s) installations.

1. Sudden problem with program(s) installations. - Similar Threads - Sudden problem program

2. Program installation problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program installation problem: I am attempting to install a program on a Windows 10 computer. A message pops up stating the app is blocked. An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator. I am the administrator and did not enable any restrictions on...
  3. Program installation problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program installation problem: I am attempting to install a program on a Windows 10 computer. A message pops up stating the app is blocked. An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator. I am the administrator and did not enable any restrictions on...
  4. Program installation problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Problem installing programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem installing programs: Hello, sometimes it happens to me that when trying to install a program, I get this error that prevents me from doing it and I get this error: Could not access network location 9e0a\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\i need help with this, thanks...
  6. Problem installing programs

Problem installing programs: Hello, sometimes it happens to me that when trying to install a program, I get this error that prevents me from doing it and I get this error: Could not access network location 9e0a\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\i need help with this, thanks...
  7. Problem installing programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Program installation problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program installation problem: I am trying to install a program...after answering "Yes" to the UAC prompt, it writes itself to the ...AppData/Temp folder, but stops. I am struggling with how to troubleshoot and overcome this no error message is displayed. This has happened when I select Open or "Run as...
  9. problems with installing programs

problems with installing programs: I tried to update my Garmin Satnav maps but could not, a sugestion was to Inport a previous saved (exported) Registry but, on trying it gave "Error Accessing Registry". Then I tried to open IE 11 to ask here but, nowq IE does not open. Luckily Firefox opened to send...
  10. Any problem(s) putting these programs to sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Any problem(s) putting these programs to sleep?: My Avast Internet Security program is suggesting that the following programs (see image below) are slowing down my computer. AIS wants to put them to sleep, but I have no idea whether or not doing this will cause problems??? [img] 101068