Windows 10: Sudden return of BSOD

Discus and support Sudden return of BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm new here, but I have been having an issue with a BSOD on my windows 10 system. I have been having issues with Page Fault Errors. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by verusvox, May 28, 2016.

1. verusvox Win User

Sudden return of BSOD

Hi, I'm new here, but I have been having an issue with a BSOD on my windows 10 system.

I have been having issues with Page Fault Errors.

When I first build the system about 2 years ago I had a lot of crashing issues, and through a lot of trail and error and replacing basically everything over time until I replaced the motherboard and did a fresh install of windows at the end of last year, which seemed to solve all of my problems.

However, now after everything had run perfect for 5 months the crashes have returned today, though I have not installed any new hardware or drivers. It was a frustrating problem before, and I basically hoping someone here can help me find a quick solution so that I can avoid the headache I went though before.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

verusvox, May 28, 2016

2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Windows 10

Hey again,

Well to be honest this is a pretty complicated question to answer since I feel like I have been getting many errors due to the same problem. The problem first appeared as a sudden laptop shutdown. The first 2 or 3 times I thought maybe it was my laptop overheating,
    but what made me realize it was a different problem was that windows would try to update every time I turn it on but fail. So I kept using my laptop thinking it would go away but the problem persisted. Sometimes it would just do the sudden shutdown, other
    times I would get the BSOD before the shutdown. Eventually though, it stopped doing the sudden shutdown and I would only get the BSOD errors at that point. To answer your question though, I got the BSOD in the past month (including the times before I reinstalled
    windows) maybe 8-10 times. However, if you count the sudden shutdowns too it would be 10-15. And this is excluding the time when driver verifier was on as you asked.

Thanks!

Mohamed Elbogdady, May 28, 2016
  3. dataz722 Win User
    Win 10 BSOD all of a sudden

I have been running windows 10 for 6-8 weeks now with no problems at all but a few days ago it has started repeatedly giving me a BSOD and restarting. It appears to be completely random and does not seem to be related to any program or anything I am doing
    in particular. Any ideas what could be the problem and what I might be able to do? Thanks.

Here are my log files.

dataz722 log files.zip

dataz722, May 28, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Sudden return of BSOD

Sudden return of BSOD [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer - Read in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

*Arrow NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Attachment 82375
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm Browse full module list start end module name fffff801`40760000 fffff801`413aa000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Wed Apr 27 13:17:14 2016 (57209FBA) CheckSum: 00C0E5A7 ImageSize: 00C4A000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. verusvox Win User
    Thank you for the response!

I have run all of the SeaTools scans on my two extra drive and got a "Pass" on all of them. I did not run it on my main OS drive as it is a SSD.

I ran chkdsk on all drivers and showed no errors.

I'm running HDtune on all my driver at the moment, then I'm going to uninstall and reinstall my video drivers.

I have not experienced any more crashes today, but I'm not holding my breath just yet.

verusvox, May 30, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please don't forget to make screenshots of the results and uploading them *Smile

7. verusvox Win User
    Do you want screens of the Pass on the SeaTools tests? I didn't think it was necessary and didn't take them.

I experienced some more crashes this morning. They were a little different, the screen began to flash and some of my desktop backgrounds went away or changed before it crashed.

I'm attaching a new set of reports. I've also attached the images of the HDtools test results for my SSD OS drive. My other two drives are 2TB and are taking a while I'll upload them once they are finished.

Thank you.

verusvox, May 30, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Sudden return of BSOD

I ask for screenshots because of a few reasons, in the past it occured that some lied about those results as they didn't want to troubleshoot the HDD although it was certainly the cause. It only happened once fortunately, but it is 1 of the reasons why I would like to see screenshots. Another is to check if the error code or result is as the user describes, it occurs frequently that the user mentions a different result/error code than the reality shows and we need to adjust our suggestions so they fit with the result/error code.

Could you please install a few different drivers from Nvidia to see if that make any differences.
    Please uninstall and install the drivers per the instructions of my previous post in this thread *Smile
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 50, {fffff0006fcdb654, 0, fffff8006f68e494, 2} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys Could not read faulting driver name Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+2e494 ) Followup: MachineOwner 3: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`a7fa0000 fffff800`a8cc9000 nvlddmkm (deferred) Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Fri May 20 03:34:38 2016 (573E69AE) CheckSum: 00CF0FCE ImageSize: 00D29000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling & other used stuff. Please note that the PSU, cooling & other used stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

9. verusvox Win User
    I can understand that some people might lie about such things. I have done some tech support before and know how people can be.
    Though I assure you that I am being honest. I would like to solve this issue, as it's very frustrating.

When you say install different drivers from Nvidia, do you mean older versions?

I just got the one listed on the nvidia site for my card, I don't see any other ones, though I'm probably just missing it somewhere.

verusvox, May 30, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    I do understand it too, but that only makes things more difficult for troubleshooting what only takes more unnecessary time.

With different drivers from Nvidia I indeed mean older drivers, newer drivers aren't always the solution though it is standard advised as it helps many times. I would suggest to try a few drivers that are known to be stable, unfortunately I'm not really aware of any of them, because when I search for such drivers I only find negativity about drivers.

11. verusvox Win User
    That sounds about right, people only say something when it's bad. I updated some of my specs btw. Hopefully that is helpful.

I'll look and see what I can find about Video drivers.

verusvox, May 30, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Thank you, I'll look forward into your next reply or next question *Smile

13. verusvox Win User

Sudden return of BSOD

Well, I had a crash just before finishing the HDtool error test on the first 2TB drive. So I went ahead an loaded up an older version of the display driver. Seemed to be working fine, but it just crashed again with the same error. Not really sure what to do now.

verusvox, May 31, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
  15. verusvox Win User
    Latest error report. It's a different code this time.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    0x0000000a

verusvox, May 31, 2016
Thema:

Sudden return of BSOD

1. Sudden return of BSOD - Similar Threads - Sudden return BSOD

2. Sudden BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden BSOD: Hi can I get some assistance on identifying what's causing my PC to suddenly have these BSODs and hopefully get a way to fix them as well.Here's the dump file generated after the crash Dump.zip...
  3. Sudden BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden BSOD: Hi can I get some assistance on identifying what's causing my PC to suddenly have these BSODs and hopefully get a way to fix them as well.Here's the dump file generated after the crash Dump.zip...
  4. Return of constant BSOD issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Return of constant BSOD issues: Hello,I've had some issues in the past with my pc and some ongoing BSOD issues, but things have been ok in the last month. This last week, the issues have started occurring again. I am writing this obviously after the most recent occurrence.Here are some screens of the event...
  5. Return of constant BSOD issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Return of constant BSOD issues: Hello,I've had some issues in the past with my pc and some ongoing BSOD issues, but things have been ok in the last month. This last week, the issues have started occurring again. I am writing this obviously after the most recent occurrence.Here are some screens of the event...
  6. Return of the BSOD...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Return of the BSOD...: Hello I am having terrible problems with my PC, many BSOD back-to-back. I posted here a few months back: BSOD Crashes - Help! ntkrnlmp.exe This helped for a while and BSOD frequency went down, but the issues have returned.... New V2 this morning: Microsoft OneDrive -...
  7. Multiple BSOD throughout the day -- The Return

Multiple BSOD throughout the day -- The Return: Hello everyone! I posted here a few months ago with a BSOD issue a few months back, and thanks to a generous helper, the issue was resolved...until yesterday. The stopcodes are usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, just like last time, but that does not provide anyone with a good...
  8. Previously Unsolved BSOD Returns

Previously Unsolved BSOD Returns: Hello, this is a continuation from a previous thread. Please read it if you are unfamiliar with prior events. OneDrive links broken, see the new OneDrive link below....
  9. BSOD returns- netio.sys

BSOD returns- netio.sys: Thought I solved this by rolling back RealTek network drivers. guess not. Seems random, no particular activity. Last one was while surfing ebay in Firefox. System is Lenovo Erazer X510 Win 10 pro 10.0.10586 64 bit 32 G RAM Files attached. Appreciate any...
  10. Returning BSODs

Returning BSODs: So, about a year ago, I was getting BSODs constantly, got it fixed in this thread: http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-cras...ng-videos.html Basically, I replaced my RAM and acquired a legitimate copy of Windows 8, which has since then been upgraded to 10. The problem has...