Windows 10: Sudden YouTube Full-Screen Issues with both IE11 and Edge Browsers

Discus and support Sudden YouTube Full-Screen Issues with both IE11 and Edge Browsers in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I belong to a forum where we sometimes post a music video, and I never had problems until a couple of days ago seeing a video that was downloaded to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bigfoot, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Bigfoot Win User

Sudden YouTube Full-Screen Issues with both IE11 and Edge Browsers

I belong to a forum where we sometimes post a music video, and I never had problems until a couple of days ago seeing a video that was downloaded to the forum in full-screen mode.

It happens in IE11 and Edge browsers, and just started. A couple of other people are having the same problems. The error message actually blocks the title of the video, so you can't read who it is.

Any idea how to go in these browsers and change the permissions to view full screen for YouTube videos even if they're on another site? On YouTube, the full screen works fine.

I haven't changed any settings at all in the last couple of days. *Huh Any advice appreciated.

:)

Bigfoot, Dec 4, 2016
  2. Jetta48 Win User

No sound for youtube but i-tunes work

Hi

How are you accessing YouTube - Edge, Internet Explorer, another browser, a dedicated YouTube app?

If you are using a browser please check whether you can get sound on websites other than YouTube.

Does it happen with both Edge and IE11?

If you have been using IE11, confirm that Play sounds in webpages is ticked here:

Internet options->Advanced tab

If it isn't, tick it then hit OK. Now close all IE11 windows (using
    X at top right) then open IE11 again and see if you have sound.

Please check that mute is set to off on the individual YouTube videos.

Jetta48, Dec 4, 2016
  3. Videos not playing in Windows 10 Oct 14 2017

Yes, so far the only videos that will not play are those on YouTube.

My browser is IE11.

My graphics driver is updated to the best driver available at this time.

If I use Microsoft Edge then YouTube videos will play. This leads me to believe that it is related to the IE11 browser and not graphics or my OS.

I'm not a big fan of the Edge browser and am reluctant to make it my default browser...... I have used IE since Win95 and am used to it.

lotsofspareparts, Dec 4, 2016
  4. Bigfoot Win User

I also get the same full view error with videos here. Not a big deal, can go to youtube to see full screen if I really want to....but wondering why this is suddenly a problem in the last couple of days.

Bigfoot, Dec 5, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    I haven't had a problem with Maximized but don't use Full-screen very much except when needing more in a screenshot.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sudden YouTube Full-Screen Issues with both IE11 and Edge Browsers - Similar Threads - Sudden YouTube Full

2. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

in Windows 10 Gaming
    possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView: I just happened to notice a few things that I believe might be of significance to Microsoft, including the following:IE11 so it seems is still used in Windows, namely, during the setup of new email accounts in the Mail and Calendar app AND in the Settings app. To replicate -...
  3. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView: I just happened to notice a few things that I believe might be of significance to Microsoft, including the following:IE11 so it seems is still used in Windows, namely, during the setup of new email accounts in the Mail and Calendar app AND in the Settings app. To replicate -...
  4. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Edge Browser Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Browser Issues: I can’t imagine how embarrassing it could possibly be tohave a browser that just doesn’t work. Needless to say I’ve actually given theclass for Windows 2000. I know it was a long time ago and you’ve gotten bettersince then, but hey it really is painful to see this not work...
  6. Issue restricting youtube in edge browser -> useless

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue restricting youtube in edge browser -> useless: Hi there, I'm using Family Features to restrict time of apps, os and access to internet pages. BUT when I grant access to one video at youtube.com I'm able to watch any video that is linked on that video page. The filter does only apply when going to a video by entering...
  7. Full screening youtube with touchscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full screening youtube with touchscreen: Is there anyway to fullscreen youtube in tablet mode like how you do on ipads. Where you pinch and it full screens. Or some other kind of gesture for it? submitted by /u/AmmarBatman [link] [comments]...
  8. Browser Hijacking (IE11 and EDGE)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser Hijacking (IE11 and EDGE): Hi Folks Be extra careful currently as there is STILL a problem in security with IE11 and Edge which can allow "unscrupulous" users to hijack your browser / do other nasty things - and currently NO A/V software can protect against this. BE VERY CAREFUL if using IE11 /...
  9. IE11 vs. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 vs. Edge: Does anyone know of a good source that explains the difference between IE11 and Edge? Pretty much all I've gathered is that Edge isn't as compatible with as many web-sites as IE11. Why the introduction of a new browser? Why isn't it more compatible? 48979
  10. Youtube search results and Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube search results and Edge Browser: Has anybody else experienced this? It only happens when I'm logged in, when I'm not search results are normal. [img] [img] 94111