Windows 10: Suddenly cannot drag icons to Quick Launch

Discus and support Suddenly cannot drag icons to Quick Launch in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Wanted to add a couple more websites to the quick launch section but when I drag the icons all I see is a square with an X that disappears. What is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Barnum, May 29, 2016.

1. Barnum Win User

Suddenly cannot drag icons to Quick Launch

Wanted to add a couple more websites to the quick launch section but when I drag the icons all I see is a square with an X that disappears. What is my problem?

:)

Barnum, May 29, 2016

2. gadget quick buttons in taskbar-pin

I use the Quick Launce section of the Taskbar for Internet Shortcuts. Drag the icon in front of the URL to the desktop and then drag it to Quick Launch.

Bruce Hagen, May 29, 2016
  3. Is there a quick key to open a folder on my desktop once selected ?

If you drag it to the Quick Launch area of the Taskbar it will open with a single click.

How to Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10

Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10

Bruce Hagen, May 29, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

Are you using Edge? Try in IE11.

brummyfan, May 29, 2016
  5. Barnum Win User
    I am using IE 11. Hate Edge.....

Barnum, May 29, 2016
  6. brummyfan Win User
    brummyfan, May 29, 2016
  7. Barnum Win User
    Curious what IE has to do with dragging icons into the quick launch? Also I tried Scannow and it found nothing....

Barnum, May 29, 2016
  8. brummyfan Win User

brummyfan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Suddenly cannot drag icons to Quick Launch - Similar Threads - Suddenly cannot drag

2. Suddenly large icon when dragging files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suddenly large icon when dragging files: Hi all,Since today I suddenly started getting large icons for dragging filesAnd the HP support assistant suddenly got biggerAnd a also in chrome the IDM extension pop up..These are the ones I noticed...
  3. Quick launch icons randomly disappear.

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick launch icons randomly disappear.: So this only happened recently, and only about four times (within say two months), and it seems random, but some of my quick launch icons by my clock just randomly disappear. I can't figure out why. Like they will all be there like the picture below, but then one day Dropbox...
  4. Quick Launch icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch icons?: How do I Change the icon size on the Quick Launch list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-launch-icons/a1bd1b0d-244e-41c7-912a-e8a797fbad1d
  5. Quick Launch Toolbar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch Toolbar Icons: The icons in my Quick Launch toolbar seem to change sizes after reboot ... and sometimes even without a reboot. Sometimes they're the same height at the regular toolbar, and sometimes they're smaller. When smaller they're really too small and make the Quick Launch toolbar...
  6. Size of Quick Launch icons changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Size of Quick Launch icons changed: Hello all, I have a very populated Quick Launch area with the icons set to small on my work computer. Today I found that the icons in the QL changed in size; previously I had the task bar two lines high and two lines of icons fit in the area. If I want to fit two lines of...
  7. How drag an icon to the quick start area of the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How drag an icon to the quick start area of the Taskbar: I have a program icon on my Desktop and would like to drag it to the Quick Start area of the Taskbar (the area second from the right of the screen / to the left of the system tray or notification area.) I've tried left clicking and dragging - and right clicking and dragging -...
  8. quick launch: how to reorder icons

in Windows 10 Support
    quick launch: how to reorder icons: I have installed Quick Launch on my Windows 10 task bar. It works ! However, I would like to reorder the icons in a way that makes sense to me. The only reordering I have been able to discover so far is to move an icon to the end of the list. Is there a way to directly...
  9. Quick Launch bar won't take icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Launch bar won't take icons: Today I had problems getting my system cleaned out of Adobe's Creative Cloud and reinstalling an old version of Photoshop. When I was done, I went to add the PS icon to the Quick Launch bar but I got the red circle with the bar across it. Same with any other icons. The ones...
  10. Customise size of Quick Launch icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Customise size of Quick Launch icons: I have a Quick Launch bar on the left-hand side of my taskbar. If I select 'Small icons', the icons are incredibly small, and it is difficult to hit a specific one quickly. [img] If I select 'Large icons' then they are incredibly large, to the point that they...