Windows 10: Suddenly can't see other computers on network

Discus and support Suddenly can't see other computers on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have three Windows 10 computers (2 desktop, 1 laptop) on a local network. All are in the same workgroup, all have discovery and sharing turned on on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by csears, May 17, 2017.

1. csears Win User

Suddenly can't see other computers on network

We have three Windows 10 computers (2 desktop, 1 laptop) on a local network. All are in the same workgroup, all have discovery and sharing turned on on private/guest/all networks, password protection off, etc. Everything was working great until about a week ago. We don't know what happened, but suddenly none of the computers on the network can see the others. We can hit the Internet just fine, but if I want to print on the front desk printer from back in the office, I can't.

I've reset the router, rebooted all the computers, etc., and I am now running up the white flag. I've been researching this on the web and it seems like this is a common problem, but I can't find a solution for it. Hopefully one of you has one.

Thanks in advance!

:)

csears, May 17, 2017

2. Windows 10 does not see other computers on network. Sharing is on. Discovery is on.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I like to know; have you tried running Homegroup troubleshooter?

If you have preformed Homegroup troubleshooter and the issue still persists, I suggest you to try configuring the homegroup again and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...-finish=windows-81&v1h=win81tab1&v2h=win7tab1

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

Santosh_Rai, May 17, 2017
  3. Windows 10 does not see other computers on network. Sharing is on. Discovery is on.

Windows 10 does not see other computers on network.

Sharing is on.

Discovery is on.

I have tried Homegroups and same thing

Before the previous upgrades, things worked.

There are only two machines, both 64-bit intel i3 CPU and Windows 10 Pro.

Last update: cumulative update 1511 - KB3140743

Windows Defender

Windows Firewall

D-Link DIR655

Both access network printer

Any suggestions?

OP - Windows 10 Networking

JackRodenburg, May 17, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. The problem will be with master browser NetBScanner - NetBIOS scanner

Run the tool on all PC's it will show which one is MB and often kicks things into life

Samuria, May 17, 2017
  5. csears Win User
    Didn't do anything. I ran it on all three computers. It doesn't any one of them as being a master browser (whatever that is). On each computer, it did list the other two computers plus my printers. On each computer, I see the other computers in the network list. However, I cannot connect to the other computers.

csears, May 17, 2017
  6. Looey Win User
    I have a similar problem on build 16199. It doesn't list networked computers under Network. I was able to access other computers by putting \\computername in the network address field. It then showed up under Network. I right clicked on the computername and added it to quick access.

Looey, May 18, 2017
  7. Samuria Win User
    One must be Master browser when you look for PCs on the network Windows doesn't actually look it asks the Master browser for a list that is what you see. If the MB is offline an election is performed and one takes over it can take 30 mins when a major update is done to PC it in effect becomes a new PC so it takes time to update list stopping and restarting browser service can speed it up

Samuria, May 18, 2017
  8. ozstar Win User

Hi,

I too have a problem with seeing boxes (4 Win 10 pro - 1 XP) on different computers.

All named Workgroup and all have Internet access.

In NetBScanner and can see all boxes on all computers

It shows only 1 Master box (my main one)

All Win 10 boxes see all except themselves.

XP box sees all including itself.

I go to Explorer in Win 10 x64 Creative on all boxes ...

1. Master box sees and can access all other boxes including XP

2. 3 Win 10 boxes do not see themselves, the Master box or the XP

3. XP box only sees itself.

Any suggestions please?

oz

ozstar, Aug 1, 2017
  9. Eagle51 Win User
    Until MS fixes the Win10(1703) Network Discovery / Master Browser issue, these workarounds should work.

1. You should still be able to access the shares using \\COMPUTERNAME\SHARENAME or \\192.168.X.Y\SHARENAME ... So you can map your network shares. Map Network Drive in Windows 10 Windows 10 Network Sharing Tutorials

2. If your router has a USB port and supports File Sharing (you have a USB Stick or USB HDD). Connect the USB Stick or USB HDD to your router and check your routers admin to make sure USB / File Sharing is enabled. This should make your router the Master Browser. Shut Down ALL PCs, then start each one.
    Note: You may need to reboot router, before starting PCs.

3. If you have a pre 1703 PC (xp,7,8,10-1607) on your network. Shut down ALL PCs, start the pre 1703 first, then start the other PCs. This should make the pre 1703 PC the Master Browser.

Eagle51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Suddenly can't see other computers on network - Similar Threads - Suddenly can't computers

2. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    see other computers on network: I have tried many of the recommendations online, but none seem to work.Surely there is a way to make transfering files from one computer to another possible, using my home network.Thanks for help.greg...
  3. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    see other computers on network: I have tried many of the recommendations online, but none seem to work.Surely there is a way to make transfering files from one computer to another possible, using my home network.Thanks for help.greg...
  4. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. one computer can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one computer can't see other computer on network: I have 2 computers Computer A & Computer B on Windows 10 that used to see each other on their Networks. I updated some drivers and cleaned the registry using CCCleaner on Computer A and lost all connection between both computers. I have managed to get Computer B seeing itself...
  6. can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't see other computer on network: can't see other computer on network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/fc92edc5-902e-4798-a93f-91bcb538d14f
  7. Can't see other computers and devices in network now.

Can't see other computers and devices in network now.: Concerning my home network. Just updated a Dell Optiplex 7010 with SSD, memory and a clean install of Win 10 , in an existing network of 3 PC's and a few devices. I could always see everything in the network previously to updating. I have had internet connection immediately...
  8. Not seeing other computers in network

Not seeing other computers in network: After january updates I haven't been able to see other computers in same network via file explorer, all computers are in same network since I can map as a drive shared folder (just takes bit longer than simply browsing with file explorer) and february update didn't fix it so...
  9. Can't see other computers on my network

Can't see other computers on my network: I have two Win 7 computers on my wired network and 6 Win XP computers on this same network. This main computer was Win 7 and just upgraded to Win 10 in November. For a year this network has worked just fine, plug and play basically when I set it up, now after Christmas...
  10. Win10 suddenly stopped seeing other computers on network

Win10 suddenly stopped seeing other computers on network: I have two desktops and a NAS drive on my network. Both PC's are Win10. One Pro, the other Home. Everything was working beautifully then out of nowhere the Home machine just stopped accessing the public folder on the Pro machine saying it didn't have permission. I thought the...