Windows 10: Suddenly getting BSOD - worried new RAM is faulty

Discus and support Suddenly getting BSOD - worried new RAM is faulty in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded my RAM from 4BG to 8 and have no been getting the BSOD for the first time ever. They are never the same... I've had the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PDXSerric, Jul 8, 2016.

1. PDXSerric Win User

Suddenly getting BSOD - worried new RAM is faulty

I have recently upgraded my RAM from 4BG to 8 and have no been getting the BSOD for the first time ever. They are never the same... I've had the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE errors. I am not so computer-savvy that I build them, but I know enough to add RAM.

9 x out of 10 it will happen during gaming, streaming or other video-intensive applications.

I have tried to test my ram but after the test runs I never see a report giving me the status of the ram to ensure all blocks are working properly.

Halp? Attachment 89152

:)

PDXSerric, Jul 8, 2016
  2. Alan B Win User

Continuously receiving different Blue Screen of Death

Frequent and different BSODs is something frequently caused by faulty RAM memory.

Alan B, Jul 8, 2016
  3. Alan B Win User
    DISM, Windows Reset/Refresh not working.

Faulty RAM can give rise to 'random' blue screens (BSODs).

Alan B, Jul 8, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello PDXSerric,

Welcome to TenForums *Smile

How did you test your RAM? You should use Memtest86+ and it will be obvious if there are any errors - red lines of data will show up.

philc43, Jul 8, 2016
  5. PDXSerric Win User
    Thanks for the response, Phil. I was using the built-in Windows memory utility. It said that after the test it would give me a report, but I ran it twice and there was no such report.

I have followed the instructions per Memtest86+'s website but for some reason can't boot from a USB to run the test. I enter bios and go to move the USB to the no 1 priority for boot, but it's not there. My usb readers are fine, I can see the USB when plugging it in, etc., just can't see it in bios.

PDXSerric, Jul 9, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Are you sure the USB was created as a bootable device? Does it work on any other desktop or laptop? Make sure you do not have any secure boot settings activated in the BIOS that might prevent the USB from working.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Suddenly getting BSOD - worried new RAM is faulty - Similar Threads - Suddenly getting BSOD

2. Failing Motherboard? Faulty Ram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failing Motherboard? Faulty Ram?: Hello So i had a question early about a my windows 10 being corrupt spent the last couple of hours fiddling with my pc and got to the stage where i realise 4 sticks of ram breaks my pc causing me bluescreens and infinite boot loops. Tried it with 1 stick 2 stick and 3 sticks...
  3. Failing Motherboard? Faulty Ram?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failing Motherboard? Faulty Ram?: Hello So i had a question early about a my windows 10 being corrupt spent the last couple of hours fiddling with my pc and got to the stage where i realise 4 sticks of ram breaks my pc causing me bluescreens and infinite boot loops. Tried it with 1 stick 2 stick and 3 sticks...
  4. Failing Motherboard? Faulty Ram?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Repairing Faulty Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repairing Faulty Ram: My 4gb ddr3 ram just failed i checked it with memtest and memory diagnostics nd had to replace it with new ddr3 ram. I replaced my old ram with new one and now my pc works perfectly fine. my question is that is there a way to reset or fix my fault ram so that i can connect it...
  6. Repairing Faulty Ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repairing Faulty Ram: My 4gb ddr3 ram just failed i checked it with memtest and memory diagnostics nd had to replace it with new ddr3 ram. I replaced my old ram with new one and now my pc works perfectly fine. my question is that is there a way to reset or fix my fault ram so that i can connect it...
  7. Repairing Faulty Ram

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Is my RAM incompatible or faulty?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my RAM incompatible or faulty?: Never mind, I'm being dumb. 148969
  9. Ram suddenly getting eaten up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ram suddenly getting eaten up: My ram is getting eaten up recently by random applications like Service Host and Windows Explorer taking up all my ram. Also, Start Menu Experience Host is eating up my ram too. What is this? What’s happening? update: windows module installer is taking up ALL my disk all of...
  10. Question about faulty ram

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about faulty ram: My laptop has been freezing randomly lately and I've been trying to find the cause of the freezes. I've ran HP diagnostics a few times and one test came back as: [img] But the all the other times It passed and I also ran memtest last night which showed 0 errors? Can a RAM...