Windows 10: Suddenly Going back to W7 while Installing W10

Discus and support Suddenly Going back to W7 while Installing W10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was installing W10 and got that black screen with the big white circle. Then, once it restarted. When it booted again, suddenly a screen came up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by harvard, Jul 30, 2015.

1. harvard Win User

Suddenly Going back to W7 while Installing W10

I was installing W10 and got that black screen with the big white circle. Then, once it restarted. When it booted again, suddenly a screen came up saying "Attempting to Recover Installation" then saying "Restoring your previous version of Windows....". Why does this happen? Is there any way I can change where it boots into? Thank you.

:)

harvard, Jul 30, 2015

2. wireless service not working w10

Yes I agree with that and have been considering going back to wired. Also considering going back to W7 where I had no probs like this, I also have a word processing problem since going over to W10 when working on articles it suddenly freezes on me. Is
    W10 worth the effort ?

Mike NoonanWX, Jul 30, 2015
  3. POB18 Win User
    Don't want W10 at this time

Upgraded to W10. Didn't like it. Used option to go back to W7. W7 didn't reinstall everything including recovery dates that were set in W7. Had to install a System Image to get back to my W7 as it was at time of upgrade to W10. But recovery dates again
    were not included. W7 working ok but now when trying to install updates W10 starts to auto install, so I can't just install updates forW7 and I can't get rid of the Pop-ups on the Task Bar telling me to now get W10. I DON"T WANT W10 until it works. I just
    want the security updates for W7. How do I get rid of auto download of W10 & get rid of the W10 Pop-ups?

POB18, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Suddenly Going back to W7 while Installing W10

I am currently having the same issue. Initially, somewhere along the validating system for install, I was spit out an error that pretty much told me the install couldn't complete due to insufficient boot space on my Data Partition. The final time, the update completed all the way until boot up, were I was given the flag for "Hold on, we're setting up a few more things for you...", which resulted in this error:
    Now, my fix for the first issue I had was going into Disk Management, creating a volume label for my data partition and running a chkdsk, as well as taking ownership of all files contained in this partition, AND adding readwrite admin privileges, which allowed me to minimize space.

At first, I thought the volume label could perhaps be messing something up with the boot operation, but the more I think about it, the more I doubt myself, because I can successfully reboot into WIN7 afterwards. I've seen a list of possible variables that could cause this error, but aside from doing a clean install I haven't found any other fix, and the last post I found that actually had a solution for this wasn't even an upgrade, it was changing builds. Some people are saying computer drivers, other people are blaming Nvidia and claiming GPU drivers, which, I wouldn't NOT believe. It's getting a little tedious, having to continue through this process multiple times, only to bump into a new wall every time.

NOTE: I do have a secondary drive (An old 1TB HDD), however, almost every one of my friends that have upgraded from win7 to win10 also have 2 disks, a primary SSD, and a backup HDD for storage, and their installs were simple and easy.

Anyone have any assistance to get over this hurdle, and also, I hope the following advice on my first error fix (No credit goes to me; I was not the one to come up with this fix.) can provide you some assistance, @harvard.

Resentments, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Suddenly Going back to W7 while Installing W10

1. Suddenly Going back to W7 while Installing W10 - Similar Threads - Suddenly Going while

2. Problem with installing w10 on w7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with installing w10 on w7: Hi All,During installation of the w10, I am facing the following error message, and I am trying every suggestions of this website but seems doesn't work for me.I would appreciate to take a look and give me some hints.It should be noted that my w7 is original and have valid...
  3. Installation Failure W7 - W10

Installation Failure W7 - W10: Laptop couldn't install W10, set back to previous state W7Pro. Failure code 0x800707E7-OX3000D. The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation. Is anyone familiar with this?...
  4. W10 went back to w7 and cant load account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 went back to w7 and cant load account: So, shut down pc. Unplugged and plugged it later. Started up, and notice a disk isnt working.a normal hdd. Shut down, remoged the power, opened pc and saw a SATA disconnected. Put it back in. Powered it again. It prompted a disk check. After that, it went to W7 and...
  5. W7 or W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W7 or W10: Hi everyone, I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags...
  6. I want to go back to W7

I want to go back to W7: I want to go back to Windows 7, I got tired of windows 10 its constant updates I don't like it, I don't want it anymore, help me to go back to my old W7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-go-back-to-w7/32e35853-8830-43dc-b332-c249aa42ca67
  7. Upgrade to W10, roll back to W7, then back to W10 - possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to W10, roll back to W7, then back to W10 - possible?: Hi there, I have a small net-top running Win7, which is primarily used as a WMC DVR/TV system in my living room. As is well known, WMC is not part of W10, and isn't coming back. I'd like to upgrade to W10 on this machine to try out some other options that are out there....
  8. Free upgrade to W10 and go back to W7: do I keep the free upgrade?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free upgrade to W10 and go back to W7: do I keep the free upgrade?: I don't want to update to W10 yet and I have read that I cannot keep my current W7 installation along with a free upgraded a W10 from the same W7 key. So, if I do the free upgrade from W7 to W10 and then go back to W7, will I keep the free upgrade on this PC if I install W10...
  9. Installers written for W7 - on W10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installers written for W7 - on W10?: Hi all *Smile I am thinking of building a 64-bit W10 machine; I currently use 64-bit W7. I remember going from W98 to XP, it was impossible to install many (all?) w98 apps in XP, until the sw dev came out with a new installer compatible with XP. Same with XP to Vista....
  10. VIDEO: Upgrading W7 to W10 9926 (and rolled back to W7)

VIDEO: Upgrading W7 to W10 9926 (and rolled back to W7): For those who are thinking about upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10, here's how I did it. I upgraded WIn 7 to Win 10 and then I rolled it back to Win 7 again. Warning: 16mins video from start to finish (you can fast forward at will). Total upgrade and rollback time is about...