Windows 10: Suddenly have to Sign In Every Time

Discus and support Suddenly have to Sign In Every Time in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I switched from 8.0/8.1, one of the things that thrilled me the about 10 was that I didn't have to sign back in every time the computer sent to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Wadi, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Wadi Win User

Suddenly have to Sign In Every Time

When I switched from 8.0/8.1, one of the things that thrilled me the about 10 was that I didn't have to sign back in every time the computer sent to sleep!

Now, after the last update, I have to do this again. What a major PITA! Is there any way to disable this? I have absolutely no reason to be worried about security in my own home.

(I also notice that I am now occasionally getting some strange screens upon starting up and before the sign-in screen. I have been ignoring them. The last one (and maybe the earlier ones, too) asked "Do you like what you are seeing?" What the heck are these??

:)

2. Have to sign in every time my computer wakes up.

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

It could be due to incorrect settings or missing/corrupt drivers or missing updates.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Also, try to run the Power Troubleshooter.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. Run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings,
    which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

1. Press Windows Logo Key+X
    then click on Search option.

2. Type
    Troubleshooting.

3. Select
    Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.

4. Click on
    Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 18, 2015
  3. Mary 9h Win User
    Have to sign in every time my computer wakes up.

Original Title: Sign in options.

I have to sign in every time my computer wakes up. I checked "never" in settings sign in options,. I still have to sign in each time i go back to computer. What am I doing wrong?

Mary 9h, Dec 18, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 18, 2015
  5. Wadi Win User
    Terrific, Brink! I thought they would at least give us an option but had no idea how to change it. Thanks a lot!

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Wadi. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Suddenly have to Sign In Every Time - Similar Threads - Suddenly Sign Every

2. How to sign in every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign in every time: Why does my laptop not make me sign in every time? When I open my laptop, I'm not asked to sign in. How do I make it so that I am forced to sign in every single time? Because of security I want to change this....
  3. How to sign in every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sign in every time: Why does my laptop not make me sign in every time? When I open my laptop, I'm not asked to sign in. How do I make it so that I am forced to sign in every single time? Because of security I want to change this....
  4. How to sign in every time

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 forcing sign-in every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 forcing sign-in every time: Windows 11 forces us to either sign-in to Microsoft everytime I use my personal PC or to sign in to with a pin. I'm not gonna even mention the term "local account" since most of us don't even know what that is.I don't want to sign in PERIOD. Do you understand????? Not Locally...
  6. Ditching having to sign in with Microsoft password every time.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Ditching having to sign in with Microsoft password every time.: I've just purchased a new Dell all in one. Is it still possible to turn of the Hello screen so that i don't have to continually sign in with my Microsoft password every time. The Require Sign In option does not have a Never setting....
  7. Have to sign into Edge profile every time I start the computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Have to sign into Edge profile every time I start the computer: hey guys, Every time I launch into Windows from Bootcamp and launch Edge, I have to sign into the browser to sync my stuff like bookmarks, extensions etc. I should not have to do that so anyone got any ideas?...
  8. Why do I have to sign in every time to get my desktop ?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why do I have to sign in every time to get my desktop ?: I know your going to say it is by default. To protect me and give more security to my computer. Why don't you let me decide what security I need, if any ? Give me the choice ! Why do you presume I am to stupid to make my own choices. ?...
  9. How to avoid having to sign in every time Win 10 starts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to avoid having to sign in every time Win 10 starts: Can you tell me how to change settings so that I don't have to sign in every time Win 10 starts or wakes up from sleep mode? much appreciated 137265
  10. How to avoid having to sign in every time Win 10 starts

in Windows 10 Support
    How to avoid having to sign in every time Win 10 starts: Can you tell me how to change settings so that I don't have to sign in every time Win 10 starts or wakes up from sleep mode? much appreciated 137265