Windows 10: Suddenly I cannot open Mail software.

Discus and support Suddenly I cannot open Mail software. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I try to open Windows Mail it crashes and I cannot open it. I already tried this and I still can´t open Mail. How to uninstall the Mail app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Carlos A Mora, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Suddenly I cannot open Mail software.

Every time I try to open Windows Mail it crashes and I cannot open it. I already tried this and I still can´t open Mail.

How to uninstall the Mail app on Windows 10

1. Open the Start menu.

2. Search for Windows PowerShell, right-click the result and select Run as administrator.

Suddenly I cannot open Mail software. powershell-start-administrator-windows-10.jpg

3. Type the following command on PowerShell and hit Enter:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps | Remove-AppxPackage

Suddenly I cannot open Mail software. remove-mail-app-windows-10.jpg

4. Restart your computer to complete the task.

I reinstalled with no luck. Then I tried this:

How to install missing Mail app packages on Windows 10

If you’re experience problems trying to sync emails, or you can no longer add new accounts after upgrading to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, it could be a problem with missing Feature on Demand packages.

This is a known issue and Microsoft recommends the following workaround:

1. Open Start.

2. Search for Command Prompt, right-click the result and click Run as administrator.

3. Type the following command and press Enter:

dism /online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:OneCoreUAP.OneSync~~~~0.0.1.0

4. Restart your device.

5. Open Mail

6. Click the gear button in the bottom-left corner to open the Mail settings.

7. Click on Manage Accounts, and see if the Account settings are there, which indicates that the packages has been added successfully.

Again no luck. Please help.

:)

Carlos A Mora, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Aug 1, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Suddenly I cannot open Mail software.

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Suddenly I cannot open Mail software.

1. Suddenly I cannot open Mail software. - Similar Threads - Suddenly cannot open

2. i cannot open a picture with Microsoft Photos software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot open a picture with Microsoft Photos software: Through Microsoft Photos, when I want to open a picture, the application crashesWhen I want to display a picture by double-clicking from Windows Explorer, the Microsoft Photos is starting but the picture is not displayed : only a black screen is displayed.I use Windows 11...
  3. i cannot open a picture with Microsoft Photos software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cannot open a picture with Microsoft Photos software: Through Microsoft Photos, when I want to open a picture, the application crashesWhen I want to display a picture by double-clicking from Windows Explorer, the Microsoft Photos is starting but the picture is not displayed : only a black screen is displayed.I use Windows 11...
  4. Suddenly I cannot open a new wordpad doc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly I cannot open a new wordpad doc.: I used to go to file, new. Now when I try to search for "file" nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-i-cannot-open-a-new-wordpad-doc/c8679545-8851-400e-a360-5ae5e495e5d8
  5. Suddenly I cannot open a new wordpad doc.

Suddenly I cannot open a new wordpad doc.: I used to go to file, new. Now when I try to search for "file" nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-i-cannot-open-a-new-wordpad-doc/c8679545-8851-400e-a360-5ae5e495e5d8
  6. This AM cannot open subscription software?

This AM cannot open subscription software?: This AM cannot open subscription software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-am-cannot-open-subscription-software/26a22ecd-c972-42c8-96fe-1ed31557d4d1
  7. This AM cannot open subscription software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This AM cannot open subscription software?: This AM cannot open subscription software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-am-cannot-open-subscription-software/26a22ecd-c972-42c8-96fe-1ed31557d4d1
  8. I cannot open my windows live mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot open my windows live mail: After downloading the windows update a couple weeks ago I can no longer open my windows live mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-my-windows-live-mail/b5ce20f8-6277-47ec-8ace-72b95e385912
  9. Windows suddenly cannot open Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows suddenly cannot open Settings: Installed Windows 10 update about 1 week ago, and all seemed well except some apps and files slow to open sometimes. I was away for two days and shut down my pc. On return home today, all seems well, but I cannot by any method open Settings. I get a message ms-settings...
  10. I cannot open Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot open Windows Mail: I cannot open Windows Mail and several others, I can get Google https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-windows-mail/ebbbdc5a-2ee6-41ce-89c3-ffeefedccb37