Windows 10: Suddenly I can't upload photos to Facebook

Discus and support Suddenly I can't upload photos to Facebook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Facebook regularly so this is a new problem which has just started. On the FB page when I click upload photo, instead of opening one of my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by skysurfer, Dec 11, 2016.

1. skysurfer Win User

Suddenly I can't upload photos to Facebook

I use Facebook regularly so this is a new problem which has just started.
    On the FB page when I click upload photo, instead of opening one of my folders to find the photo, it simply hangs with the little twirling circle.
    I noticed this first on my laptop on a FB group I manage, so tried the same on my FB Home Page and everything worked OK. I checked other pages and the same problem.
    Then I tried on my PC and found that even on my Home Page I have the same problem.
    On Google some suggested clearing the cache etc which I did - no help.
    I have tried logging out and in again - no solution.
    Any ideas would be most welcome.
    Thank you

:)

skysurfer, Dec 11, 2016

2. PROBLEM IN FACEBOOK

I CAN'T UPLOAD PHOTOS FROM MY COLLECTION PHOTOS IN FACEBOOK WIYH LUMIA 640 XL.

ΜΑΡΙΑΚΟΥΤΣΟΥΚΟΥ, Dec 11, 2016
  3. I have lumia 920, how to download Flash Player for IE

Thanks for suggestion. i know about Facebook app problem is uploading three or four photos as a different post, if i uploading photos using Facebook app or Facebook integration it can't post photos in different post if you upload photos in time gape then also
    you find all photos in single post and you can't make photo album with Facebook app so we need Complete Browser like Android have. If html 5 is there no required of Flash player it means say bye to IE and upgrade new html 5 Desktop mode browser to Windows
    Phone. New upgrade is only complete solution, i am not agree with compromise solution. Browser is there in windows phone make it complete this is my suggestion, made this improvement as early as possible, what is your opinion....

Mahesh B Hiremath, Dec 11, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Try a different Web browser. I occasionally have problems with WordPress and IE with uploading photos, but when I change to Chrome or Firefox, the problems go away. If that doesn't work, post again here, and we'll come up with other strategies.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 11, 2016
  5. skysurfer Win User
    Thanks so much for responding.
    When I try to get onto FB with Firefox the whole screen goes black!
    I have been having problems anyway with IE on FB pages when just part of it goes black when I try to make a post from a URL - the photo doesn't come up.
    So I have to go along with this weird get around procedure of cut and pasting the item again after closing down the page.
    I am not very computer savvy - maybe because I'm 75!. I've tried the FB help but no help.
    I have a feeling that this is something which has been not right for some time and has finally packed up.
    I can still post messages on FB and share items.
    Please let me know anything else you need to help.
    Thanks a lot

skysurfer, Dec 11, 2016
  6. skysurfer Win User
    Sorry adding to my last posting.
    I now find I cannot even post a message on FB. It just hangs with the twirl circle going on continuously.
    Would it help to post a screenprint - can I do that?
    Thanks
    PS Although this is happening on my laptop, the same thing happens when I'm on my PC upstairs and connected by a TP line.

skysurfer, Dec 12, 2016
  7. Probably you need to upgrade your browser to the latest version. Or, could be your flash why not upgrade it too. I occasionally experienced such thing where uploading photos encounter some errors, when it happens I just clear history or update my browser.

lorencemerk23, Dec 13, 2016
  8. skysurfer Win User

Thanks but I have done all that and no joy. I have a PC and a laptop and it happens with both so maybe that suggests it's a FB problem?

skysurfer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Suddenly I can't upload photos to Facebook - Similar Threads - Suddenly can't upload

2. Can not upload photos to Facebook from Windows 10 photos app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not upload photos to Facebook from Windows 10 photos app: Can not upload photos from windows to Facebook. Using the Microsoft edge browser. When I click the photo option on Facebook it doesn't even give the windows photo app as an option, just takes me to my file browser and makes me chose from Picture. What am I doing wrong?...
  3. Suddenly Can't upload photos from phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suddenly Can't upload photos from phone: Help please... I've always been able to plug my Samsung phone into my PC and transfer photos. Now suddenly I get the message "We're having trouble connecting - make sure your device is unlocked and that you accept the notification to connect" I've looked at everything and...
  4. Uploading photos to Facebook and other sites

Uploading photos to Facebook and other sites: After the most recent Edge update when I try to upload a photo to any site clicking the "browse" or "choose file" box brings up a list of location options instead of going directly to "photos" thumbnails. I am unable to upload a photo....
  5. Laptop suddenly won't upload photos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop suddenly won't upload photos: I have a Nikon D3400 camera and until yesterday I was able to upload photos to my laptop via a USB cable. Today the laptop still recognises the camera and tells me how many photos are in the card, but the button to upload them to the laptop never appears....
  6. Cannot upload photos to Facebook comments

Cannot upload photos to Facebook comments: Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I cannot post photos/images as a Facebook comment. I can upload them no problem if I start a new post in a group or on my timeline, but images will not upload in the comments section of any post. Was working fine 2 weeks ago....
  7. Photo upload

Photo upload: Can you help me upload photos from camera to computer - old way no longer works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-upload/e7c64b4e-02f6-4a46-afce-80d706025e79"
  8. PHOTOS uploading

PHOTOS uploading: All of my pictures are on PHOTOS. I want to transfer them to another folder. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-uploading/190728a6-b0d3-4614-ad8e-aeb930076ef6"
  9. upload photos

upload photos: I am unable to upload photos from my iphone to my pc using window photo or directly from DCIM. i can upload a few then get a message that device not connected. i have tried numerous different pc's windows 7 and windows 10, multiple usb cords and 2 different apple devices...
  10. Windows 10 Photos Stopped Uploading Suddenly

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Photos Stopped Uploading Suddenly: Windows 10 - Windows Photos App - trouble with Photos detecting data on SD Cards I am used to plugging in my Nikon digital camera - or my Samsung Galaxy - and having Photos open automatically and detect ALL of my photos. I would then tell it to upload the new ones, and...