Windows 10: Suddenly no more internet connection (wired)

Discus and support Suddenly no more internet connection (wired) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi So yesterday I was transfering 2 movies from my external hard drive. Since then, my internet connection has been gone. We have 2 more machines... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by timpiej, May 27, 2016.

1. timpiej Win User

Suddenly no more internet connection (wired)

Hi

So yesterday I was transfering 2 movies from my external hard drive. Since then, my internet connection has been gone.

We have 2 more machines (1 desktop, 1 laptop) both wired and 2 phones (wireless) who have perfect internet connections.
    I tried another cable and reset my router but both didn't work. The light on the ethernet adapter is steady orange. So I guess I won't be a hardware failure?

I have run an anti-virus scan, anti-malware scan, DNS flush. All of that didn't work. It was very suddenly that the connection just got lost.

Any suggestions? I've been looking around on google but didn't find a solution yet...

Grtz

Update:
    - Windows is showing my ethernet adapter (which is named 'intel ethernet connection (2) i218-v') in device manager
    - I have tried deleting the ethernet adapter aswell as the network adapter (without losing the driver) and rebooted so windows could re-install. It did but didn't work.
    - Have tried reinstalling the drivers for the LAN adapter using the install-CD, but it didn't make a difference.
    - I have deleted Avast, also to no avail.
    - Used the cable from the non-functioning desktop on the functioning one, cable is working fine...

:)

timpiej, May 27, 2016

2. Trouble Internet with the link

Hello,

I use windows 10 - 64 bits, suddenly ( I think it was after a windows update) , I have lost my connection with the wire.

I am no longer able to connect to internet with a wire, I can only use internet with the Wifi.

I try to install or reinstall the driver ( 15.51_nforce_win7_64bit_whql ), no success, I use a Nvdia n force card.

Windows is not able to find automatically the driver, can you help me?

Michel from France

MichelHESPEL, May 27, 2016
  3. No Internet Access [ Wired Connection ]

In the output the network card is not seeing the connection. It is either the driver or the cable,

I would completely remove the current driver and install the newest version available. If that does not fix it try a different cable.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 27, 2016
  4. timpiej Win User

timpiej, May 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Suddenly no more internet connection (wired) - Similar Threads - Suddenly more internet

2. wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet: wired Internet connects successfully, but it can't use the Internet.WiFi is able to use the Internet.I have tried the modify ipv4 to get the relative code automatically, reboot the modem with router and reset the Internet. Unfortunately, all approaches failed....
  3. wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet: wired Internet connects successfully, but it can't use the Internet.WiFi is able to use the Internet.I have tried the modify ipv4 to get the relative code automatically, reboot the modem with router and reset the Internet. Unfortunately, all approaches failed....
  4. Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update: I am somehow connecting to the wrong wired network when I connect to the surface doc. All network connections are wired properly to the correct ports, router, etc. It seem that I am connecting to a preferred wireless network, but the icon is showing a wired icon. I am not...
  5. Desktop PC cannot connect to wired internet connection.

Desktop PC cannot connect to wired internet connection.: Hello I need help getting connected to the internet. I have searched for a solution but nothing has helped. I have had no network connection for about a month now. Network trouble shooter cannot correct the problem. says there my be a problem with my ethernet driver....
  6. No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless

No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless: I have a Windows 10 desktop that will not connect to the Internet either wired Ethernet or wireless. It previously connected fine through a D-Link DWA-140 USB wireless adapter. I swapped the adapter to an identical machine and it worked fine. I plugged in a known working...
  7. Computer loses wired Internet connection

Computer loses wired Internet connection: I've been having an annoying issue for quite a bit of time with my Windows 10 computer losing its wired Internet connection. It happens at "random" times, usually several weeks apart, though at some point it happened several times a day for a few days. The devices that are...
  8. Internet connection through wired LAN

Internet connection through wired LAN: I tried to connect to internet through wired lan. Actually I could connect to same lan with a wifi and even I could access internet through a connection at the back of wifi router(i.e.wired). But I could not directly connect to internet through lan wire(i.e. ethernet) cable....
  9. Internet connection suddenly broken

Internet connection suddenly broken: Win10, diagnostic message is:"one or more protocols is missing" Running diagnostic as Administrator message is:" connection between access point, router or cable modem and Internet is broken" What's going on , more importantly. How do I fix it? Have tried winsock reset,...
  10. No internet connection suddenly

No internet connection suddenly: I've been trying to fix this for around 3 hours now with no success. What I've found however is that 80% of services are stopped even though they are checked. I ran a full scan of malwarebytes to find 0 threats. When i am in msconfig all are checked and Load System Services...