Windows 10: Suddenly unable to view photographs video "Invalid entry for registry

Discus and support Suddenly unable to view photographs video "Invalid entry for registry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings - this is first posting for me - I am no longer able to view photos and videos - error message "Invalid entry for registry" - I note that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by brooksie43, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Suddenly unable to view photographs video "Invalid entry for registry

Greetings - this is first posting for me - I am no longer able to view photos and videos - error message "Invalid entry for registry" - I note that under regedit and going to Familes, when I expand the Microsoft.Windows.Photos folder there is no entries there.
    Any help would be gratefully received.

:)

brooksie43, Jan 10, 2018

2. After upgrading to Windows10, I can no longer open my photos.

After upgrading to Windows10, I can no longer open my photos. I get error message"invalid value for registry". I am a photographer so this is a huge problem for me. Can anyone help?

krazykckitty, Jan 10, 2018
  3. mrginz Win User
    Unable to open jpeg images

Have been using win10 since july, but suddenly I am unable to open any jpeg images ,,,, and get the following error message: "Invalid value for registry". Tried a restore to a few days earlier, but still have problem. Security scans are not showing anything
    unusual. How can I fix this?

mrginz, Jan 10, 2018
  4. Suddenly unable to view photographs video "Invalid entry for registry

Layback Bear, Jan 10, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    Is this just one app or any viewer?

Samuria, Jan 10, 2018
  6. vram Win User
    I have One PC at work that does this randomly. I have to reset the app to fix it. Same thing happens with Movies and TV app.

7. VRAM, I suggest asking the I.T. Department at work that you are trying to watch movies and T.V. and your system isn't working properly.

Jack

Layback Bear, Jan 10, 2018
  8. vram Win User

Suddenly unable to view photographs video "Invalid entry for registry

Unfortunately for them, I’m their first line IT and the movies are training videos.

9. If you want you can preinstalled apps back, you can get them back with a single line of PowerShell code. Open a PowerShell window as a Administrator. Copy and paste the following line into the PowerShell window and press Enter:

Code: Get-AppxPackage –AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}[/quote]
    This tells Windows to install those default apps again. Give it some time and allow it to finish, even if nothing appears to happen at first. Even if you see an error message, restart and examine your Start menu — you may just have all those default apps back again, anyway.

FreeBooter, Jan 10, 2018
  10. pepanee Win User
    Link: Windows 10 JPEG - Microsoft Community

Try KaiHenry14's first fix:

"Go to Start, then Settings, System, Apps & Features and click on "Photos" app. Under Advanced options you'll find the reset button."

pepanee, Jan 10, 2018
  11. Samuria Win User
    Have you tried other software like vlc?

Samuria, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Suddenly unable to view photographs video "Invalid entry for registry

1. Suddenly unable to view photographs video "Invalid entry for registry - Similar Threads - Suddenly unable view

2. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  3. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  4. Registry Entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Registry Entry: Does anyone know what this registry entry is? When I run McAfee Quick Clean this registry entry can never be removed, is there a reason? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab}...
  5. viewing photographs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    viewing photographs: I have windows 10 home computer. I want to see the photographs that are on a dvd or cd. How can I get to them to see them? I have read the steps to take from a couple of articles but MY COMPUTER will not let me access the steps other people have done. I need to see what is...
  6. registry entries

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    registry entries: ActiveX/COM Issue LocalServer32\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe -ToastNotifier HKCR\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab} https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/registry-entries/739b6f1f-5482-41d7-98cc-c9cfc7df078c
  7. Entries in Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Entries in Registry: Hello, While making some registry editing, found 17 entries named "Sign.Media". Don't know what it is, have not any program this name. Can I remove them from the registry ? Answers will be appreciated Thanks 140198
  8. Invalid Registry for Entry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid Registry for Entry: HELP!!!!! I cannot open any photos as I keep getting Invalid Registry for Entry message. What is that? Up until a few days ago I had no problem. Can anyone help me?...
  9. Windows 10 sudden "Invalid Value For Registry" with pictures.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 sudden "Invalid Value For Registry" with pictures.: Hey there, Just today it would seem that all jpg files on my computer suddenly get the above response and won't open. And I'm just wondering how to fix this and repair the VAST amount of photos that I can no longer access. My computer had a critical update 6 days ago...
  10. Invalid registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Invalid registry: Hi Can anyone offer advice as to the message I get when trying to open photo from desktop, only just happened? Thanks for looking [img] 71055