Windows 10: suggestion for a good gaming 7.1 sound card for approx £50

Discus and support suggestion for a good gaming 7.1 sound card for approx £50 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have a GA-F2A88XM-D3H I have been told that although it supports 7.1 channel, this unfortunately is different to 7.1. virtual surround sound,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reddwarf4ever, Jan 17, 2016.

1. suggestion for a good gaming 7.1 sound card for approx £50

Hi
    I have a GA-F2A88XM-D3H

I have been told that although it supports 7.1 channel, this unfortunately is different to 7.1. virtual surround sound, is this correct ?

when I connect my headset, Windows has options to test out 7.1 virtual surround speakers and each seems to give the required response in my headset....ie. surround sound.....

I had a turtle beach x12 which gave very good surround results until it went faulty...I bought a hyper X cloud 2 headset which gives poor surround with and without the USB inline sound card.....I,play counterstrike mainly and there are many comments that say this headset is bad with this game, whereas the cloud 1 gives very good surround.....there is possibly a performance difference between the two, regards cabling....the other thing is that many of the views of good surround results with cloud 1, may be from players with good sound cards ( people with a cloud 2 are unlikely to have a good sound card or they would have bought cloud 1 )
    So I am considering changing my cloud 2 for a cloud 1 and either a- use the built in soundcard of my motherboard or b- buy a reasonaby priced gaming soundcard which will give 7.1 virtual surround sound and give good results with the cloud 1

sorry for such a long story, but have been trying to resolve this for some time
    thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Jan 17, 2016
  2. bigcid100 Win User

My sound card 7.1 setting revert to 2.0 every reboot

My sound card's 7.1 setting revert to 2.0 every reboot

I tried changing sound cards

asus essence stx II 7.1

realtek al1220 7.1,5.1

if I shut down it will stick ,but every restart it reverts to 2.0(stereo)

windows 10 1709

gigabyte aorus gaming 7

intel i7-7820

asus essence stx II 7.1

realtek alc1220 7.1,5.1

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Settings]

bigcid100, Jan 17, 2016
  3. TonyCrew Win User
    Windows 10 DVR No Audio (Whens this going to be fixed)

Hi thanks for the reply, I have no normal sound issues, As for Drivers there are no drivers, it's Microsoft drivers which are used, As it's connected via USB the Headset connects to a hub which is a USB Sound Card, it's Win 10 DVR when recording cannot record
    5.1/7.1 audio, all other game recording software has NO issues, a way to fix this is in the Windows DVR Software so it records either 5.1/7.1 Audio or let it record WASAPI,

Win 10 DVR records Mic input from my Gaming Headset which is only Stereo, it records Audio fine with my Cheap £10 Gaming Headset as this is only Stereo.

I would have thought that with Windows 10 being a MODERN OS it's Software should allow for 5.1/7.1 Audio recording within the DVR Software that comes with the OS, This has been an ongoing issue with this DVR, Which is a shame as it's actually a good game
    recording piece of software.

Regards

TonyCrew, Jan 17, 2016
Thema:

suggestion for a good gaming 7.1 sound card for approx £50

1. suggestion for a good gaming 7.1 sound card for approx £50 - Similar Threads - suggestion gaming sound

2. lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute: My intel laptop goes to lock screen after approx. 1 minute. Windows 11 homeThere is a lot of info about screen saver times, when plugged in / or on battery. a different subjectI find it so annoying when I am working, the screen locks, facial recognition or pin needed to carry...
  3. lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute: My intel laptop goes to lock screen after approx. 1 minute. Windows 11 homeThere is a lot of info about screen saver times, when plugged in / or on battery. a different subjectI find it so annoying when I am working, the screen locks, facial recognition or pin needed to carry...
  4. Please suggest a 5.1 pci or usb sound card for pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please suggest a 5.1 pci or usb sound card for pc: hi, i have a motheboard Asus H110M-CS i want to get real surround sound output from my pc, so i need a good sound card, internal or external no matter, please help to find out thanks in advance 157744
  5. LINE 1 OF SOUND CARD IN USE BY ANOTHER PROGRAM

LINE 1 OF SOUND CARD IN USE BY ANOTHER PROGRAM: I use various software with audio from a radio to accomplish various functions. This has worked flawlessly until this week. I now get a flag everytime I try to open any software that uses LINE IN ,it says LINE IN OF THE SOUND CARD IN USE BY ANOTHER PROGRAM, the software I am...
  6. Typing lag - 1 second approx

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Typing lag - 1 second approx: I had the typing lag issue where I typed but the letter appears about 1 second later on Firefox, Word and Excel. and think I have solved it. I tried many other ideas but this one worked - not sure why (please enlighten if you can). Troubleshoot the program in question. Then...
  7. Game suggestions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game suggestions?: Can someone of you suggest me a game, a RTS game something like the likes of Rise of Nations or Europa Universalis with real nations that's based on the modern era? 34282
  8. No sound: Suggestions?

No sound: Suggestions?: I was looking at a video on youtube, didn't do anything, all of a sudden the sound goes out. I make sure nothing on youtube is muted and it wasn't. So I right click my "SPEAKERS" icon (I'm wearing headphones) I click SOUND, then I click the SOUND tab, and the "test" icon is...
  9. Assign Headphone Jack to 1 of 2 Sound Cards?

Assign Headphone Jack to 1 of 2 Sound Cards?: I have an RealTek internal PC sound card and a SignaLink USB external sound card for digital amateur radio communications with my HAM radio system. Whenever I plug headphones into the PC headphone jack, it commandeers the external sound card instead of using the internal...
  10. Refurbished Graphics Card Suggestions

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Refurbished Graphics Card Suggestions: Hi all, Currently saving for a new GPU for my rig, Been looking into refurbished cards due to the price drop, I can get a GTX 1080 refurbished for about £370. I've never really had any experience with a refurbished card before, Is it a massive no no? Its either that or...