Windows 10: Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

Discus and support Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Cortana is your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by doriandiaconu, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to: Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and the version of Cortana youre using, Cortana can provide a range of features, some of which are personalized. Cortana on Windows is available in certain regions and languages. If Cortana isnt available for your Windows device, you can still search for files on your device in the search box on the taskbar. Cortana is also available on other platforms, such as Android and iOS, in select markets.

Starting with Search and Cortana buttons on the taskbar.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18317, Microsoft will be decoupling Search and Cortana in the taskbar. This will enable each experience to innovate independently to best serve their target audiences and use cases. Some Insiders have had this update for a few weeks now. For those new to this update, when it rolls out to you, youll find clicking the search box in the taskbar now launches our experience focused on giving you the best in house search experience and clicking the Cortana icon will launch you straight into our voice-first digital assistant experience.

This tutorial will show you how to hide or show the separate Cortana button on the taskbar for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar from Taskbar Context Menu
    • Option Two: Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Separate Search and Cortana buttons on taskbar

Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar from Taskbar Context Menu
    1. Right click or press and hold on the taskbar.

2. Click/tap on Show Cortana button to check (show - default) or uncheck (hide) it for what you want. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

ShowCortanaButton DWORD

0 = Hide
    1 = Show

1. Do step 2 (show) or step 3 (hide) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Show Cortana Button on Taskbar
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_Cortana_button_on_taskbar.reg

Download

3. To Hide Cortana Button on Taskbar
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Hide_Cortana_button_on_taskbar.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. Either sign in to apply.

8. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

doriandiaconu, Dec 4, 2016

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Oct 27, 2019
  3. How to show/hide taskbar

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try the simple steps and check if that helps.

• Right click on the task bar and click on properties.

• To hide the task bar you can check on the box Auto-hide taskbar.

Or

• To reduce the taskbar size you can check on the box Use small taskbar button.

• Now click on Apply and Ok.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

Hide taskbar labels - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click a blank area on the taskbar and choose
      Taskbar Settings.

• Under Combine Taskbar Buttons, choose
      Always, hide labels.

• Exit Settings.

You may also go through How to use the taskbar
    for further help.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Next Windows 10 let you hide Search and Task View buttons

Read more...

See also:

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Hide or Show Search Box or Cortana Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10

it didn't work here...

jhonatanjhs, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

1. Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hide Show Cortana

2. Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?: I've used the "show desktop" button for years now but suddenly it has started being wonky. When I press it now it completely hides the taskbar and it doesn't come back until I press the windows button on my keyboard. This is extremely irritating and fiddling with the taskbar...
  3. Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?: I've used the "show desktop" button for years now but suddenly it has started being wonky. When I press it now it completely hides the taskbar and it doesn't come back until I press the windows button on my keyboard. This is extremely irritating and fiddling with the taskbar...
  4. Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Natively hide "Show Desktop" button on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Natively hide "Show Desktop" button on taskbar: You know, this little bugger. Any way to natively hide it with a registry hack? I've used 7+ Taskbar Tweaker but I hate how it HAS to run in the background. Help is appreciated. Thanks! 81055
  6. Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new feature called Task View. Task View is a virtual desktop manager that allows you to quickly switch between all of...
  7. Hide or Show Search Box or Cortana Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Search Box or Cortana Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Search Box or Search Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Search Box or Search Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10 Search Windows and the web from the taskbar to find help, apps, files, settingsyou name it. You can also get quick answers from...
  8. Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10: How to: Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10 Starting with Action Center. These badges are lightweight notifications that are contextual and specific to individual apps. For example, the Mail...
  9. Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Starting with Windows Ink Workspace does), and tapping on it will bring it up the virtual touchpad. Starting with Windows 10 build 15019, the...
  10. Hide or Show Touch Keyboard Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Touch Keyboard Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Touch Keyboard Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC. Windows 10 includes a touch keyboard for PCs....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show cortana button in taskbar

2. show cortana button on taskbar