Windows 10: Suggestions for Scheduled Selective Backup & Restore App?

Discus and support Suggestions for Scheduled Selective Backup & Restore App? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Since Microsoft did away with the highly configurable backup & restore from the WinXP and earlier days, what would be a reasonably equivalent app that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Windowz10, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Windowz10 Win User

Suggestions for Scheduled Selective Backup & Restore App?

Since Microsoft did away with the highly configurable backup & restore from the WinXP and earlier days, what would be a reasonably equivalent app that is Win10 compatible?

:)

Windowz10, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Backup and Restore error

Hello,

On the Backup and Restore window, right after you click 'Next' when selecting all the folders you want to include on the backup, a new screen should pop up that will allow you to schedule the backup and specify the day and time it should be run. Just make
    sure that you uncheck the 'Run backup on a schedule' option for this to work. Also remember that the virus checker should also be disabled on the scheduled backup time.

All the best.

Mark Isi, Jul 30, 2015
  3. OGRick Win User
    Windows 10 Backup.

HI

Go to Settings,

Select Update Security,

Select Backup, Select Go Backup Restore Windows7,

Select Change Settings, Select disk to backup to

Insure that you let Windows handle the settings.

Then select Back Up Now.

You can schedule automatic back up times also

Hope this Helps

OGRick, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Windowz10 Win User

Not sure what the bumping rules are for this forum, but hopefully 18hrs later is ok!

Windowz10, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Suggestions for Scheduled Selective Backup & Restore App? - Similar Threads - Suggestions Scheduled Selective

2. How to backup and restore task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to backup and restore task scheduler?: I would like to know on how to backup and restore task scheduler in case of handling corrupted fileDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  3. How to backup and restore task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to backup and restore task scheduler?: I would like to know on how to backup and restore task scheduler in case of handling corrupted fileDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  4. Online Backup Suggestions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Online Backup Suggestions: I have 2 computers, connected by a network, & 4 external drives (2 for each computer). I use Macrium Reflect to image each computer to external drives daily & switch external drives each week. My total size for all backups is about 600-700 GB. I'd like to be able to store...
  5. backup and restore - I turned off schedule and now backup and restore is frozen- help plse

backup and restore - I turned off schedule and now backup and restore is frozen- help plse: switched off schedule on backup and restore, now its hanging and I cannot open the app. windows 10 pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore-i-turned-off-schedule-and-now/230c783c-a4ad-4fa1-aedd-397d85844006
  6. Scheduled Backup of VHDX

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Scheduled Backup of VHDX: Hi there, 1st post & it doesn't appear to be a duplicate (or at least a search revealed nothing) :) I'm looking for the simplest solution to schedule automatic backups of the VHDX files of my VMs. Currently I'm just manually copying the folder once a week but it would be...
  7. Windows Backup & Restore app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Backup & Restore app: I have a new 2 month old Dell Inspiron 15-3567 laptop. I had Dell Backup and Recovery (DBaR) Premium app on a previous Inspiron. DBaR was not preinstalled on the new Inspiron. I am attempting to reinstall the basic DBaR but it is taking forever. Is there another backup...
  8. windows mail app backup and restore

windows mail app backup and restore: I was using LIve Mail 2012 and enjoying it. Now i bought a new laptop and Live Mail has been discontinued by Microsoft and forced to use Mail app. I want to restore my emails from Live Mail backup in Windows app. Is it possible? If Microsoft discontinues any product then the...
  9. Scheduling backup

Scheduling backup: Hi folks I just decided to use File history as a backup for Windows 10. I'm backing up to a 1TB Hard Drive. How can I tell File History to start the backup at a specific time each day when I'm not busy or when the computer is still active? Thanks in advance Bob H 95322
  10. Cannot Schedule Backups

Cannot Schedule Backups: Hi Forum, When I set up a daily backup, it does not occur. I can do a manual backup, and it works, but the automatic daily does not. I have daily selected, and keep forever. I have my pictures and videos set to be skipped. When I click on advanced settings, it says the...