Windows 10: Suggestions

Discus and support Suggestions in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I picked up an HP Compaq dc7800 small form factor desktop recently. It was refurbished, came with Windows 10 and was under $100.00! I wiped the hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by exploder, Dec 24, 2017.

1. exploder Win User

Suggestions

I picked up an HP Compaq dc7800 small form factor desktop recently. It was refurbished, came with Windows 10 and was under $100.00! I wiped the hard drive and installed Windows 10 Fall Creators update fresh. I have it all running great, never thought and older machine could ever run Windows 10 this well!

The onboard Intel graphics is the only thing I am not crazy about. I tweaked Windows to where under most circumstances the graphics look good but it stumbles pretty bad when it comes to HD video...

What would be the best inexpensive graphics card for this application? Here are the specs.

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.33 GHz
    Seagate 1 TB SATA Hard Drive
    4 GB DDR 2
    Intel Q35 Express Graphics
    Onboard NIC and Sound

The computer is just for basic use, more or less a backup machine.

:)

exploder, Dec 24, 2017

2. Closing a window takes me back to the Start screen in Windows 10

I have the exact same issue. Pretty much am using the workaround of not actually opening emails--just using reading pane. However, I do not like this and having to reload outlook after every email I deal with is not productive. Waiting for a solution...

suggestions, Dec 24, 2017
  3. Entegy Win User
    suggestions

Settings>keyboard

Tap each keyboard you want to turn off suggestions for and uncheck "Suggest text".

Entegy, Dec 24, 2017
  4. Suggestions

Put a GT 1030 in there and call it a day. No need for an SSD because as you said that is more or less a backup machine.

RoasterMen, Dec 24, 2017
  5. exploder Win User
    Thanks RoasterMen! I just looked up the specs and a read a review and that looks like a great option!

exploder, Dec 24, 2017
  6. exploder Win User
    Just an update. I junked a Dell computer but salvaged an AMD Radeon R200 out of it. I dug threw some junk and found a half height bracket for it. I installed it in the HP desktop and it sure is better than the Intel Q35 onboard graphics! Windows update provided the drivers and I used a DVI cable so now my monitors speakers are working.

For now, I am happy I did not have to spend any money on it! I will probably buy the NVidea GT 10330 once I go back to being on overtime at work.

exploder, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Suggestions

1. Suggestions - Similar Threads - Suggestions

2. I want to remove Copilot from the task bar in Windows 11. None of the suggested solutions work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to remove Copilot from the task bar in Windows 11. None of the suggested solutions work.: I want to remove Copilot from the task bar in Windows 11. None of the suggested solutions work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-remove-copilot-from-the-task-bar-in/c643fdc7-8e3d-457f-a5ed-df5b30915951
  3. I want to remove Copilot from the task bar in Windows 11. None of the suggested solutions work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to remove Copilot from the task bar in Windows 11. None of the suggested solutions work.: I want to remove Copilot from the task bar in Windows 11. None of the suggested solutions work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-remove-copilot-from-the-task-bar-in/c643fdc7-8e3d-457f-a5ed-df5b30915951
  4. Hi family. Kindly suggest. windows 365 cloud pc, Unable to access for Audio settings,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi family. Kindly suggest. windows 365 cloud pc, Unable to access for Audio settings,...: Hi family.Kindly suggest. windows 365 cloud pc, Unable to access for Audio settings, Display settings, Printer settings, firmware update,W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor....
  5. Hi family. Kindly suggest. windows 365 cloud pc, Unable to access for Audio settings,...

Hi family. Kindly suggest. windows 365 cloud pc, Unable to access for Audio settings,...: Hi family.Kindly suggest. windows 365 cloud pc, Unable to access for Audio settings, Display settings, Printer settings, firmware update,W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor....
  6. My Windows 10 HP 650 laptop freezes every day, Any suggestions for the problem, please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 HP 650 laptop freezes every day, Any suggestions for the problem, please?: Hello everyone, I posted a similar question here last month and got a reply that required that I do something involving a process that was a bit too technical My laptop freezes at least twice every day, so I always turn it off and on again as a temporary measure. Here are the...
  7. My Windows 10 HP 650 laptop freezes every day, Any suggestions for the problem, please?

My Windows 10 HP 650 laptop freezes every day, Any suggestions for the problem, please?: Hello everyone, I posted a similar question here last month and got a reply that required that I do something involving a process that was a bit too technical My laptop freezes at least twice every day, so I always turn it off and on again as a temporary measure. Here are the...
  8. My Windows 10 HP 650 laptop freezes every day, Any suggestions for the problem, please?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Search suggestions with magnifying glass

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search suggestions with magnifying glass: Since a recent update, the search field window pops up intermittently with advertising for AI above the Recent area. I can click that shut, but it's also now displaying weird tips that I don't need as questions with a search magnifying glass at the end of each one. I can...
  10. HP Laptops cant detect any wireless networks any suggestions to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptops cant detect any wireless networks any suggestions to fix it?: Cant detect any networks when the wifi is turned on and the network discovery is enabled. The trouble shooter also couldn't fix the issue but before I changed locations the laptop detected all the available networks just fine....