Windows 10: Turn On or Off Video Autoplay in Microsoft Store App in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Video Autoplay in Microsoft Store App in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Video Autoplay in Microsoft Store App in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Video Autoplay in Microsoft Store App in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Turn On or Off Video Autoplay in Microsoft Store App in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Video Autoplay in Microsoft Store App in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Video Autoplay in Microsoft Store App in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Video Autoplay in Microsoft Store App in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to download and install for their Microsoft account in Windows 10 PCs and devices.

Some apps and games play videos automatically when you open their page in the Microsoft Store app. You can click/tap on the video to pause playback, or let the video play until it finishes and automatically stops playing.

If you prefer, you can turn off video autoplay in the Microsoft Store app where you would have to click/tap on the video for it to play instead.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off video autoplay in the Microsoft Store app for your account in Windows 10.

Note Turning on or off video autoplay in the Microsoft Store app will not have any affect on background videos that play for a movie or TV show opened in the Microsoft Store app.

EXAMPLE: Video for game in Store app

Here's How:

1. Open the Microsoft Store app.

2. Click/tap on the See more (3 dots) menu button at the top right corner, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Turn on (default) or off the Video Autoplay setting for what you want. (see screenshot below)

Note The Video Autoplay setting is only available in version 11710.1000.94.0 or higher of the Microsoft Store app.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cluster Head, Jun 12, 2016
  2. JC8865 Win User

Turn off Autoplay Videos on Win10 Facebook App?

I dont see a way to turn on videos autoplaying on the Facebook App from the Windows store. Can anyone direct me to an answer or have a solution?

Thanks in advance!

JC

JC8865, Oct 26, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Video Autoplay in Microsoft Store App in Windows 10

autoplay doesn't work after loading windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if you have installed all the pending updates on your device.

Also, check with the sound drivers as well.

I suggest you to check with the setting for AutoPlay and check if it helps.

Even if you have turned on the AutoPlay option, there might be some option chosen Choose AutoPlay defaults. I suggest you to check with those options.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type AutoPlay and click on AutoPlay settings.
    • To enable AutoPlay, move the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices button to On.
    • Next you can choose and set your AutoPlay defaults.
    For Removable drives, the following options are available from the drop-down menu:

• Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time
    • Configure this drive for backup (File History)
    • Configure storage settings (Settings).

For Memory Cards, the options available are:

• Play video files using alternate
      software
    • Play using Windows Media Player
    • Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time.
    Set your options and exit.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Video Autoplay in Microsoft Store App in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Video Autoplay in Microsoft Store App in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Video

2. Photos - Turn off Autoplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos - Turn off Autoplay: Windows 10 Photos app has started autoplaying videos as I tab through the images and videos I've downloaded from my game camera. How do I turn this off? I've already turned off AutoPlay in Settings for everything and it didn't change anything....
  3. Photos - Turn off Autoplay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos - Turn off Autoplay: Windows 10 Photos app has started autoplaying videos as I tab through the images and videos I've downloaded from my game camera. How do I turn this off? I've already turned off AutoPlay in Settings for everything and it didn't change anything....
  4. Photos - Turn off Autoplay

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Autoplay Video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Autoplay Video: I cannot get Video Discs to Autoplay. My machine is Intel QuadCore i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB RAM, running MS Windows 10 Home v. 1803, build 17134.228 on an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard with a SAMSUNG SSD main drive. It has RealTek High Definition Audio and a SAMSUNG...
  6. Autoplay Videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autoplay Videos: I followed the instructions in this thead: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-enable-autoplay-of-movie-dvds-when/39a99447-4156-4e66-ae7b-59932b563171 I have downloaded VLC video player, in control panel/devices, I have set Autoplay to On. In...
  7. autoplay videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    autoplay videos: Hi, I am play a game, but an ad came on and I can't get it off. Can someone tell me how to turn off the video. Thank you, TrossZZ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-videos/c0e60a3e-0003-4fec-bb3d-92839fb7f7c7
  8. Turn off Autoplay Videos on Win10 Facebook App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Autoplay Videos on Win10 Facebook App?: I dont see a way to turn on videos autoplaying on the Facebook App from the Windows store. Can anyone direct me to an answer or have a solution? Thanks in advance! JC 118324
  9. Autoplaying videos

in Browsers and Email
    Autoplaying videos: How do I stop autoplaying videos in Win 10 using Chrome? 17047
  10. Turn On or Off AutoPlay in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off AutoPlay in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off AutoPlay in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off AutoPlay in Windows 10 AutoPlay lets you choose an action for different kinds of media when you plug in a device or insert media. You can set AutoPlay to open different kinds of content, such as photos,...