Windows 10: Super high speed internet but actual browser speed is terrible

Discus and support Super high speed internet but actual browser speed is terrible in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My desktop has a external network card that connects at 520 mb, using comcast internet with a dl of 150 and ul of 30 I tried chrome and internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xboxhaxorz, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Super high speed internet but actual browser speed is terrible

My desktop has a external network card that connects at 520 mb, using comcast internet with a dl of 150 and ul of 30
    I tried chrome and internet explorer and they both are quite laggy, my laptop works just fine

The desktop is actually closer to the router than my laptop is

Where should i start troubleshooting

:)

xboxhaxorz, Oct 30, 2017

2. windows live ID service unavailable. How do I solve this problem

Please, I tried all the methods you mentioned above, it didn't work. What way out here please???

I desperately need to resolve this problem.

HIGH-SPEED, Oct 30, 2017
  3. badmanab Win User
    N70 Corrupted Kingston Card

I would go to mobymemory.com which says that its memory cards are tested on the phones and it says that its are super high speed.

badmanab, Oct 30, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Super high speed internet but actual browser speed is terrible

Hi, do both use the same DNS?
    Is there a difference in ping results to the same server?

When you're using your browser is general resource use on your desktop low?

Is your laptop using Wifi, and your desktop ethernet? If so, how does the laptop perform using an ethernet connection?

If you try a network speed test, are the results similar?

dalchina, Oct 30, 2017
  5. Same DNS, same ping, no other resources aside from browser, both are on wifi 5hz, speed test is about the same for both

xboxhaxorz, Oct 30, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    History: was the desktop behaving ok until recently.. i.e. did something change?
    If so, has there been an upgrade or update (including driver)?

What is the Windows build?
    Windows key + R, winver

dalchina, Oct 30, 2017
  7. dencal Win User
    Open CMD (ADMIN) and copy paste the following....then restart computer.

netsh winsock reset

dencal, Oct 30, 2017
  8. Super high speed internet but actual browser speed is terrible

I havent installed or changed anything in the machine, it does have automatic updates, i just checked and the wireless driver was updated 2 mths ago, not sure how i missed that before

Right at this moment internet is working fine, but if problem happens again i will roll back driver
    Build is 15063 674 version 1703

xboxhaxorz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Super high speed internet but actual browser speed is terrible

1. Super high speed internet but actual browser speed is terrible - Similar Threads - Super high speed

2. Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth: Hi,I am currently experiencing issues with download speeds on my desktop. Internet speeds have been a problem for quite some time now, and I figured it was due to my PC being connected via WI-FI. However, today I took the effort to run ethernet to my room, but download speeds...
  3. Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth: Hi,I am currently experiencing issues with download speeds on my desktop. Internet speeds have been a problem for quite some time now, and I figured it was due to my PC being connected via WI-FI. However, today I took the effort to run ethernet to my room, but download speeds...
  4. Internet Speed

Internet Speed: My Internet Speed is 100 Mbps but on my Laptop it's showing not more than 45Mbps whereas on phone it shows100+mbps. Model Dell Inspiron 5537 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-speed/520da7d7-eaac-42a7-a621-9f1250d4e8bc
  5. Internet speeds slow in browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet speeds slow in browsers: Hi all,Recently the internet in my browsers has been very slow, and when doing a speedtest it stays at 0 Mbps download for a few seconds before jumping to 70 Mbps, sitting there for 1/3 of the speedtest, then jumping to 100 Mbps, then slowly creeping up to 250 Mbps above what...
  6. Internet speeds slow in browsers

Internet speeds slow in browsers: Hi all,Recently the internet in my browsers has been very slow, and when doing a speedtest it stays at 0 Mbps download for a few seconds before jumping to 70 Mbps, sitting there for 1/3 of the speedtest, then jumping to 100 Mbps, then slowly creeping up to 250 Mbps above what...
  7. Low download speed with high internet speed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Low download speed with high internet speed.: When I run an internet speed test, it gives me roughly 25 mbps, but when I download a program, it only downloads at about 3 mbps, while the task manager's wifi monitor shows the same number as the speed test. I tried the solutions in this post Why is my download speed so...
  8. Decent download speeds on Speed tests, Low actual download speed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Decent download speeds on Speed tests, Low actual download speed.: Hello! I have been searching for answers to this for a long time. After recently upgrading my USB Wifi adapter (which I had assumed was the issue) the issue persisted. I am not tech-savvy, and I do not know what to do anymore. When I do a test through my internet service...
  9. Internet speed is slow on all browsers

Internet speed is slow on all browsers: Hi, after the recent updateFebruary 2020 of windows 10 all my browsers like brave, firefox, chrome have a very slow speed to browse maximum of 64kbps my internet speed works fine on all my other devicesphone or pc. I also noticed idm's download speed works smoothly as usual....
  10. Internet Speeds

Internet Speeds: Hi folks, just looking for some information here. I have been a long-time Virgin Media customer and never really had cause to complain before. When we moved house back in May they had to do a fresh installation as they couldn't find the cable that came into the property...