Windows 10: Super Secretive Malware Wipes Hard Drive to Prevent Analysis

Discus and support Super Secretive Malware Wipes Hard Drive to Prevent Analysis in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Researchers have uncovered new malware that takes extraordinary measures to evade detection and analysis, including deleting all hard drive data and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Cliff S, May 4, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Super Secretive Malware Wipes Hard Drive to Prevent Analysis

Read more.
    Source: Ars Technica.

:)

Cliff S, May 4, 2015
  2. marks1964 Win User

Windows 10 key stored in pc firmware ?

Hi,

The answer is that Windows 10 formats the hard drive by offsetting the first partition on the hard drive and may also create a 450 MB partition.

The secret is to wipe all the formatting of the drive and leave it clean.

The way I do it is I use a product called Partition Wizard 9.0 (it is FREE) and that makes a bootable CD.

WARNING: THIS IS ONLY FOR NON BRAND NAME COMPUTERS THAT DON’T HAVE THE FACTORY RECOVERY PARTITION/S.

The steps are:

• Boot from the CD and use it to wipe the entire the hard drive clean.

• Format the hard drive as just a single partition.

• Wipe the partition off again, leaving it as a unformatted drive.

Doing this will leave you with the drive ready for a clean install of the OS (Win 7; Win 8.1 or whatever).

Kind regards,

Mark

marks1964, May 4, 2015
  3. Cant update to windows 10

Bob

When it comes to activating Windows 10 the system checks the BIOS to see whether the computer has a digital licence. Wiping the hard drive will not prevent activation. Simply go ahead and install Windows 10.

Gerry C J Cornell, May 4, 2015
  4. AlanWade Win User

They just keep getting nastier and nastier....
    Thanks for the heads up.

AlanWade, May 4, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
Thema:

1. Super Secretive Malware Wipes Hard Drive to Prevent Analysis - Similar Threads - Super Secretive Malware

2. Malware analysis

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware analysis: I am looking for information to what extent this Malware would have affected my computer. I am currently paranoid that it has the potential to have spread to my router and other devices, but I don't understand everything being outlined on the analysis website other than there...
  3. Hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive wipe: Hi,I need to wipe a external hard drive to reuse in another system. I thought about using ccleaner but I know it is unsafe. Just so you know I don't want to format it.Thanks...
  4. Wiping hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wiping hard drives: I am selling a pc it has 3 drives installed, i factory reset the pc and chose to delete all files, will this delete the files from all 3 drives or just the drive with the OS on?...
  5. Super Secret Secure device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Super Secret Secure device: I have a PC laptop HP 4540S ProBook running the latest windows 10It says I can't update to Windows 10 w/o TPM 2.0.Is TPM a hardware device & firmware or just an activate in Bios software?When I looked in Bios it shows a boot with CSM & legacy Options.If I need a module how...
  6. Hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive wipe: I am having issues deleting files from my windows app folder on my secondary drive it either says i dont have access, need permission from system or error 0x80070780. I have tried all things i could find via a google search. I have 2 of them due to previous issues each with...
  7. wipe of hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wipe of hard drive: I am trying to wipe my hard drive so I can donate my HP desktop to charity I tried the recovery option but after a long long while it failed to make any changes. I have tried DBAN but for whatever reason it also would not work and just gave me the option of altering the dvd...
  8. Wipe hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wipe hard drive: I’ve bought a new hard drive for my laptop, got it working and installed my windows 10 using the recovery disc. I now want to sell my old hard drive but as it stands I’m assuming it still has my old profile and copy of Windows in there etc ( I have no data, files etc in the...
  9. Wiping Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Wiping Hard Drive: Hello! I just downloaded a bootable windows onto an usb stick and I from there booted up the computer from the USB stick and formatted all the disks inside the laptop. Then exitted the program. Now when I boot up the computer it just says "No operating System Installed" My...
  10. wipe hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wipe hard drive: I wipe a hard drive with DOD wipe I am trying to reimage drive with window 10 I am getting error do you know if the wipe is affecting the imaging process? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/wipe-hard-drive/2bd86868-d974-4260-b360-637d0cb5e3d2