Superfetch high disk usage everytime starting windows

Discus and support Superfetch high disk usage everytime starting windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Here i provide some screenshots. Superfetch keep growing about 5 minutes and became normal [img] [img] [img] ' Is this normal ? Any change this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikelferdinan, Jul 6, 2018.

1. mikelferdinan Win User

Here i provide some screenshots. Superfetch keep growing about 5 minutes and became normal

Superfetch high disk usage everytime starting windows [​IMG]

'
    Is this normal ? Any change this will damaging my hard drive?

:)

mikelferdinan, Jul 6, 2018
  2. PH_385 Win User

windows 10 high disk usage %100

When I first upgraded to windows 10 I had trouble with high cpu and disk usage. I disabled Superfetch, Windows Search, BITS and turned off notifications for tips about windows. Things calmed down and my computer worked fine. Last week I noticed a windows
    10 did a scheduled update and the high disk/CPU usage returned. I disabled windows search and superfetch again and the problem persists. With this update the menu to disable the "show me tips about windows" is no longer under the notifications menu. There
    has to be something else running in the background but I cannot seem to figure this one out. Does anyone have any other suggestions I should search for?

PH_385, Jul 6, 2018
  3. AUTiger1 Win User
    High Disk Usage

Hi all, I'm struggling with finding things to fix my high disk usage. I've spent many months searching the internet and doing all the listed suggestions like disabling SuperFetch, Windows Defender, Updating drivers, ect. and still I'm stuck with a high disk usage. Here's a screen shot I took immediately following a restart and opening up to a new Firefox window.

I have noticed Service Host: Local System takes up quite a bit of disk usage and that if I close it and let it open back up all by itself then it immediately makes my disk usage drop into a much more manageable 40-60% usage range. But eventually after a while it maxes out again and I have to close it out again. It's an annoying step just to be able to use my computer.

Also, I have noticed that after working with my mom's computer today, that her disk usage when no programs are running is only like 5%. Makes me wonder why my computer can have no programs running but my disk usage never drops below 30% and sits in the 40-60% range with spikes up over 75%.

I honestly don't know enough about computers to do much more than I already have without causing major issues. BTW, just a couple weeks ago I had to do a Windows reinstall, not a complete reinstall, just the basic reinstall they allow you to do on Windows 10 where you still keep all your personal files. Ever since that a lot of times when I try to open a process like Run or Task Manager I'll get an error message that it can't open and then I do it again and it will open the second time.

Here's a screenshot of my computer information so you can see what I'm working with here.

AUTiger1, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Arthur Rui Win User

Disable Superfetch permanently

Hi,

Certain programs can be disabled as long as it is on the services list. To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Is Superfetch available on the list of services for your Windows 10 device?
    • Is high CPU usage for Superfetch showing even before?
    • If no, when did the issue start to occur?

Regards.

Arthur Rui, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Superfetch high disk usage everytime starting windows - Similar Threads - Superfetch high disk

2. Superfetch high disk usage everytime starting windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Superfetch high disk usage everytime starting windows: Here i provide some screenshots. Superfetch keep growing about 5 minutes and became normal [img] [img] [img] ' Is this normal ? Any change this will damaging my hard drive? 113593
  3. Question about Superfetch Service

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Superfetch Service: Hi. My Desktop is an HP Windows 10 Home with Intel i5 7th gen processor and 12GB Ram. A while back I found that Superfetch caused 100% Disk usage which slowed down the computer to a crawl. After doing some research on this issue I decided to Disable the service. Today I did...
  4. Windows 10 superfetch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 superfetch?: And with 4GB of ram, good luck with that.
  5. Disabling Superfetch in services when using an SSD a good idea?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling Superfetch in services when using an SSD a good idea?: Is disabling Superfetch in services on my computer with an SSD a good idea according to this article? This is how SSDs work and what you can do to make yours last longer. Do this to increase your SSD's lifespan! - CNET --- The article stresses it's a good idea to minimize...
  6. Is Superfetch suppose to clean up after itself ?

Is Superfetch suppose to clean up after itself ?: After updating to FCU (1709) my startup time was slower and it appeared that Superfetch was the culprit. Superfetch was at 100% disk usage for a few mins, before it would finally calm down. Obviously, setting it's startup to manual or disabled eliminates this, but I was...
  7. SuperFetch & Standby Memory Not Working Properly?

SuperFetch & Standby Memory Not Working Properly?: So there's a task called Superfetch in Windows that's supposedly should improve performance because it preloads applications in RAM. I read an article that games installed on a PC with 4GB or less memory may suffer from this due to its excessive load in/out behavior. My issue...
  8. Should I disable Superfetch?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I disable Superfetch?: I know it loads programs to the RAM so they can open faster and actually It doesn't really bother me but I just want to ask - Does it really improve performance that much? My system runs pretty fast, considering its age, and I'm just wondering, will there be a significant...
  9. Is Superfetch really safe to stop?

Is Superfetch really safe to stop?: In Task Manager, there's a task called ServiceHost Superfetch that takes up a lot of resources and caused the disk to run at 100%. I've googled this and found other people have had this problem. When they asked about ending that task, it's usually said to be safe, and those...
  10. Enable or Disable SuperFetch in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable SuperFetch in Windows: If one wanted to fully disable superfetch on SSD shouldn't it also be disabled in the registry too?: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters\EnableSuperfetch (DWORD value doesn't exist by default and to disable...