Windows 10: support for alternative calendars in the windows 10 calendar app

Discus and support support for alternative calendars in the windows 10 calendar app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; is there any? I am talking about lunar calendars, such as the hebrew lunar calendar. and if there is support, can you schedule a recurring event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shmu26, Jun 2, 2015.

1. shmu26 Win User

support for alternative calendars in the windows 10 calendar app

is there any? I am talking about lunar calendars, such as the hebrew lunar calendar.
    and if there is support, can you schedule a recurring event according to an alternative calendar, like you can in Outlook calendar? Or maybe you can import your Outlook calendar with all its recurring events?

:)

shmu26, Jun 2, 2015
  2. Shmu26 Win User

lunar calendars in windows 10

does the windows 10 calendar app have support for alternative calendars such as the hebrew lunar calendar?

and if so, does it support recurring events that are scheduled according to such a calendar?

I have such events in my outlook calendar, and I am wondering what will happen to them in the windows 10 calendar app.

Shmu26, Jun 2, 2015
  3. Calendar app in Windows 10 mobile.

Just to follow up, this article might explain what I illustrated above Juan

How to show alternate calendar in Windows 10 Calendar app [Tip] | dotTech

AND to get to the screen that I illustrated above do the following:

• Open Calendar
    • click the "..." in the lower right
    • click on Settings
    • click on Calendar Settings
    • scroll to the bottom and uncheck Alternate Calendars

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jun 2, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Mystere, Jun 2, 2015
  5. shmu26 Win User
    thanks
    If they have persian, then arabic and hebrew are probably on the way.
    do you maybe know if the calendar app allows you to schedule recurring events at all?

shmu26, Jun 2, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    I don't know, I'm sorry. Why not try it out for yourself?

Mystere, Jun 2, 2015
  7. shmu26 Win User
    still trying to decide whether it's worth it for me to install windows 10...

shmu26, Jun 2, 2015
  8. Mystere Win User

Just use a virtual machine... all you lose is a little time...

Mystere, Jun 2, 2015
  9. shmu26 Win User
    did.
    the calendar app is not as powerful as I had hoped. no support for alternative calendars, and no recurring events either. It's not getting close to the functionality of the Outlook calendar.

shmu26, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. support for alternative calendars in the windows 10 calendar app - Similar Threads - support alternative calendars

2. Calendar app - Taskbar calendar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Calendar app - Taskbar calendar: The events I create on my android phone, using a gmail account will sync to the calendar app when opened fully from the start menu. These are then visible in the popup menu version of the calendar app which is accessed via the taskbar. Excellent. However the events will not...
  3. Shared Calendar in Calendar App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared Calendar in Calendar App: Hi All,I am trying to set up the calendar app on Windows so far I used Outlook. My private account is on Office 365. I can add it to the calendar app but did not find yet a way to add shared calendars e.g. my wife's. In Outlook it is shown on the let hand side - not so in the...
  4. Shared Calendar in Calendar App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared Calendar in Calendar App: Hi All,I am trying to set up the calendar app on Windows so far I used Outlook. My private account is on Office 365. I can add it to the calendar app but did not find yet a way to add shared calendars e.g. my wife's. In Outlook it is shown on the let hand side - not so in the...
  5. Windows 10 calendar app

Windows 10 calendar app: Please can you advise where window calendar app stores data calendar entries that it can’t sync. Unknown to me my organisation’s workplace platform disabled my work calendar g suites - g workplace migration about 24 days ago. While I was having issues with the calendar, I...
  6. How to Enable or Disable Alternate Calendar in Windows 10 Calendar app

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Alternate Calendar in Windows 10 Calendar app: [ATTACH]Windows 10 Calendar app has many interesting features such as connect your Google Calendar, […] This article How to Enable or Disable Alternate Calendar in Windows 10 Calendar app first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. An alternative on Windows 10 for Mail and Calendar?

in Browsers and Email
    An alternative on Windows 10 for Mail and Calendar?: I find this app great on my laptop. But I can't send an email with an attachment from the app... incredible but true. I am temporarily using the web version of Gmail for correspondence, but would prefer to use an app from the Microsoft Store. Kind regards Alternative...
  8. Cannot choose calendar in Windows 10 Calendar App

Cannot choose calendar in Windows 10 Calendar App: I have my hotmail account linked to Windows 10 and I can open the Calendar app to view, and create events. However, I cannot choose my "Birthday" calendar to create a new event in there. I have all the privacy/security settings set to allow apps to see my calendar, I have...
  9. Enable or Disable Alternate Calendars for Calendar app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Alternate Calendars for Calendar app in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Alternate Calendars for Calendar app in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Alternate Calendars for Calendar app in Windows 10 Windows 10 has Mail and Calendar apps already built in. Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 from Microsoft help you stay...
  10. Windows 10 Calendar App - Calendars

Windows 10 Calendar App - Calendars: Hi, I hope its not too much of a FAQ but... In Win10 Calendar app, what are all the calendars on the left? I see Cortana, Outlook and Microsoft Account. Each one has one or more named calendars below them. It seems only the Outlook calendar is able to sync across to my...