Windows 10: Support problem for Xeon CPU

Discus and support Support problem for Xeon CPU in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a strange problem, one of my other Windows 7 machines running Ultimate has the little white window in the task bar but, it tells me when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pendaws, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Pendaws Win User

Support problem for Xeon CPU

I have a strange problem, one of my other Windows 7 machines running Ultimate has the little white window
    in the task bar but, it tells me when I click on it that I cannot use Windows 10 on it as my CPU is not supported?

It is a Xeon that I have added to a 775 motherboard after making the board accept the 771 pin CPU, would that
    be what is causing the lack of compatibility? first time I have seen this. Maybe someone has a similar thing?
    Any ideas would be more than appreciated.

:)

Pendaws, Aug 5, 2015
  2. JKernow Win User

Windows 10 adv CPU isnt supported - Intel Xeon

Windows 10 upgrade shows it doesn't support my CPU - Unable to understand as the computer is a Workstation with 2 x Xeon processors, they are Irwindale
    Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz

Windows updates as of 04.08.15 are complete

Any help is appreciated

JKernow, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Intel XEON CPU Support question

Hi Richard,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; this query will be better answered by Intel XEON CPU Support forum.

I suggest you to post the same on Intel XEON CPU Support forum.

Refer to the below link:

Intel® Support

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 5, 2015
  4. SoxmisUK Win User

That IS strange.. I have done the same mod as you and W10 installed no problems, I DID use the windows 10 media installer tool maybe that would work?

Windows 10

Also what model of CPU is it? Plus a lot more info on your setup would be nice... Do you have a 32 or 64 bit build? Here's my build below:

Specs:
    CPU: Intel Xeon(R) CPU X5492 @ 3.8GHz @41 °C Modded for LGA775 Board
    RAM: 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1789MHz (9-8-9-25)
    Motherboard: XFX nForce 790i Ultra 3-Way SLI (Socket 775)
    Graphics: Monitor (1920x1080 @60Hz) Card: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780
    Hard Drives: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB

SoxmisUK, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    Which specific CPU do you have?

Mystere, Aug 5, 2015
  6. That seems like a really odd issue. I run a Xeon E3-1230 V2 in my desktop and it has no issues with Windows 10. Its newer, but that shouldnt make a difference.

ArazelEternal, Aug 5, 2015
  7. Pendaws Win User
    I have found out that this can be a problem on some AMD and Xeons. (E5440 Xeon)
    32 bit installs on the one's with problems but, i don't want to go that route.

It is sad. *Sad It is also a problem for some Windows 8.1 users.

Pendaws, Aug 26, 2015
  8. SoxmisUK Win User

SoxmisUK, Aug 26, 2015
  9. Pendaws Win User
    Thanks matey for the link, very good reading *Smile MS wants people to BUY their new OS so they have made certain CPU's impossible to upgrade, sneaky.

Pendaws, Aug 28, 2015
  10. bobkn Win User
    I suppose you're joking.

Microsoft would benefit significantly by ripping off a tiny fraction of PC owners?

You may have trouble getting good support with an issue this obscure.

bobkn, Aug 28, 2015
  11. SoxmisUK Win User
    Well I don't know about sneaky, but there are one or two suggestions already there that may be worth following. I thought of another possible work-around.., buy a cheap Xeon (Modify it again..) CPU that will work with the upgrade they cost very little for the most part and use that to upgrade? Swap back afterwards if that'll work?

Anyway, good luck with a resolution. *Smile

SoxmisUK, Aug 29, 2015
  12. Tony K Win User
    Tony K, Aug 29, 2015
  13. Pendaws Win User

Well, that's YOUR opinion and mine is mine. And I don't expect to get ANY support from MS, I am in Australia
    and we don't count really in the global scheme of things. I just thought I would share this and I didn't expect
    everyone or for that matter, anyone to agree with me. *Smile Have a nice day. *Biggrin

Pendaws, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Support problem for Xeon CPU - Similar Threads - Support problem Xeon

2. Request to add XEON CPU support back to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request to add XEON CPU support back to Windows 11: Hey guys,I kindly request that you add the 44 XEON CPUS back to windows 11 support. These CPUS were marketed as Workstation CPUs. Removing the Xeons was a bad decision. Everyone makes mistakes. It's not too late. Intel Xeon E-2104GIntel Xeon E-2124Intel Xeon E-2124GIntel Xeon...
  3. Request to add XEON CPU support back to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Request to add XEON CPU support back to Windows 11: Hey guys,I kindly request that you add the 44 XEON CPUS back to windows 11 support. These CPUS were marketed as Workstation CPUs. Removing the Xeons was a bad decision. Everyone makes mistakes. It's not too late. Intel Xeon E-2104GIntel Xeon E-2124Intel Xeon E-2124GIntel Xeon...
  4. Does windows 11 support the Xeon e5606 CPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does windows 11 support the Xeon e5606 CPU?: I didn’t see it on the supported CPU list but it also wasn’t on any unsupported CPU lists I could find online, anyone know the answer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-11-support-the-xeon-e5606-cpu/6dbe5607-f256-47e5-bdaa-54d74f6559a4
  5. Does windows 11 support the Xeon e5606 CPU?

Does windows 11 support the Xeon e5606 CPU?: I didn’t see it on the supported CPU list but it also wasn’t on any unsupported CPU lists I could find online, anyone know the answer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-11-support-the-xeon-e5606-cpu/6dbe5607-f256-47e5-bdaa-54d74f6559a4
  6. Windows 11 Does Not Support Xeon Processors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Does Not Support Xeon Processors?: Hi All,My 18 month old workstation did a system check for Windows 11, and Microsoft reports it does not support a Xeon CPU E5-1620 v4 @ 3.50 Ghz and will not run Win 11. This knocks several of our workstations including newer ones out of running Windows 11. Is there any...
  7. Windows 11 Does Not Support Xeon Processors?

Windows 11 Does Not Support Xeon Processors?: Hi All,My 18 month old workstation did a system check for Windows 11, and Microsoft reports it does not support a Xeon CPU E5-1620 v4 @ 3.50 Ghz and will not run Win 11. This knocks several of our workstations including newer ones out of running Windows 11. Is there any...
  8. Xeon not supported on Windows 11

Xeon not supported on Windows 11: I have IntelR XeonR CPU E3-1505M v6 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz 4 cores 32 GB memory and 2 TB disk space but I can't install Windows 11 to just try it out because it doesn't support Xeon processors. That seems kind of ridiculous. Why is an advanced CPU like a 3.00 Ghz Xeon not...
  9. Xeon not supported on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xeon not supported on Windows 11: I have IntelR XeonR CPU E3-1505M v6 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz 4 cores 32 GB memory and 2 TB disk space but I can't install Windows 11 to just try it out because it doesn't support Xeon processors. That seems kind of ridiculous. Why is an advanced CPU like a 3.00 Ghz Xeon not...
  10. XEON support?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XEON support?: Does any one know if the Intel Xeon E-2276M supports “normal” Windows 10? Or is it only Windows 10 workstation edition? Or will it support Windows 10 Pro? Side-note the CPU has 6 cores :-) submitted by /u/unixbassen [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xeon cpu windows 10 issue