Windows 10: SupportAssist on Dell computer appeared

Discus and support SupportAssist on Dell computer appeared in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got on my dell computer while i was off of it, and all of a sudden some application on my desktop called "SupportAssist" was on my computer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ohewf, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Ohewf Win User

SupportAssist on Dell computer appeared

I got on my dell computer while i was off of it, and all of a sudden some application on my desktop called "SupportAssist" was on my computer and apparently it was made today.

SupportAssist on Dell computer appeared [​IMG]

I scanned with malwarebytes and got nothing nor with windows defender.

I dont remember installing anything today.

And i went on the control panel and it shows nothing really suspicious.

i checked its properties and it had "PC Doctor Module"

Is this made by dell or is this a virus?
    And I checked another thing and there was some SupportAssistAgent which seemed to be installed over a month ago?

I'm really concerned this may be a virus, but malwarebytes and windows defender say otherwise.

:)

Ohewf, Jun 22, 2017
  2. KenReiner Win User

SupportAssist tile does not work

On Windows 10 my SupportAssist tile does not work. I click on it and the Dell logo with the SupportAssist name appears but it goes away in about 10 seconds.

KenReiner, Jun 22, 2017
  3. Dr.J_938 Win User
    Installed Windows 10 - Now Quicken 2007 crashes with "Quicken Launcher Has Stopped Working" error

I was having the same problem with Quicken 2007 and it started about a year after I had installed Quicken on my new computer running Windows 10. Quicken would generally run intermittently but I still got the Launcher Failure message. Recently I became
    tired of seeing the "SupportAssist" messages from Dell and I uninstalled the Dell app SupportAssist. So far, Quicken is running normally as it had previously. Also some of my legacy software that I had reinstalled on the new Windows 10 started running without
    problems, like Winzip 14.1. There appears to be some sort of conflict with legacy software installed on Windows 10. Don't know exactly what it is, but if you have a Dell computer with their app SupportAssist, you might try uninstalling that or disabling
    it.

Dr.J_938, Jun 22, 2017
  4. Ohewf Win User

Apparently most of this stuff was made back in May:

The question is, why did my computer decide to put the application in now instead of in the past?

could it be because I'm on my computer a lot and the chance when the screen was off or something like that? (It was on)

Ohewf, Jun 22, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would look in your update history and see if it came as a Windows Update.

NavyLCDR, Jun 22, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    It's part of Dell's Support .... check their website *Smile

Eagle51, Jun 22, 2017
  7. Ohewf Win User
    Checked this video: Dell SupportAssist (Official Dell Tech Support) - YouTube

Matched exactly what the application looked like and such and what the application looked like when started up.

It seems I was just overly concerned. It's not a virus, and I think since I use my computer a lot, it finally found a chance to put it on my computer.

It seems the application was around for a very long time and the shortcut was made just today.

Ohewf, Jun 22, 2017
  8. Steve C Win User

I've uninstalled all the Dell bloatware from my laptop and just look at their support website every few months to see if there any new drivers.

Steve C, Jun 22, 2017
  9. That popped up on my desktop ... just a short while after I read your post.

When you visit Dell's support page, this program allows Dell to see your hardware.
    So instead of identifying your computer by typing in the service tag number, you can click on "just-figure-it-out-for-yourself-Dell-man" and it reads the required info.

It can also inspect your drivers to make recommendations on new/upgraded drivers.

This might be useful to some, but I don't have any burning desire for this thing.

margrave55, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. SupportAssist on Dell computer appeared - Similar Threads - SupportAssist Dell computer

2. DELL SupportAssist 'Recommended' update fails to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DELL SupportAssist 'Recommended' update fails to install: Windows 10 20H2, Build 19042.928 I have posted this in the DELL Community but wish to widen the net to get an answer: - https://www.dell.com/community/Inspi.../false#M117077 SupportAssist updated itself from v3.8.1 to v3.9 and then tried three times to install "Recommended"...
  3. Dell supportassist

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell supportassist: So I recently bought a Dell XPS 7300 and noticed that there is something called dell supportassist on it. It spams notifications after a few days, and It asks me to install new drivers and check the drive. I was wondering if the supportassist does more good to a laptop? I...
  4. SupportAssist

in Windows 10 Customization
    SupportAssist: Dell SupportAssist will not install on my Inspirion 15 5000 series laptop. I download the installer. double click and it starts for 1 second then disappears. What will correct this...
  5. Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery: Dear All, I have an Inspiron 3593 i3 10th Gen Laptop. I'm going to restore the system using SupportAssist OS Recovery tool. So after doing that do I have to install all the drivers and softwares which came up with device such as; 1.Dell Mobile Connect 2.Dell Update...
  6. DELL SupportAssist - Can I uninstall it?

DELL SupportAssist - Can I uninstall it?: DELL laptop has ‘DELL SupportAssist’ installed but the service contract expired in November so I want to uninstall it. In “Programs and Features” list there are three programs installed that are SupportAssist related: - a) ‘Dell SupportAssist’ b) ‘Dell SupportAssist...
  7. Dell SupportAssist keep restarting my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell SupportAssist keep restarting my computer: I dont know why but right after I install this program it automatically restarts my computer nonstop until I remove the program completely. This is not happening with other programs....
  8. Dell SupportAssist Require Security Update for PC Doctor Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Dell SupportAssist Require Security Update for PC Doctor Vulnerability: DSA Identifier: DSA-2019-084CVE Identifier: CVE-2019-12280 Severity: High Severity Rating: CVSS v3 Base Score: See NVD (NVD - Home) for individual scores for each CVE Affected Products: Dell SupportAssist for Business PCs version 2.0 Dell SupportAssist for Home PCs version...
  9. dell SupportAssist

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    dell SupportAssist: Has anyone had problems with dell SupportAssist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/dell-supportassist/2be55769-54cf-4d24-bd3e-7ff24b966a70"
  10. Confusing Dell SupportAssist Test Results

Confusing Dell SupportAssist Test Results: Greetings: I own a new Dell XPS13 (9350). Seems to work properly, but I have questions about Dell SupportAssist Test results. When I ran the Simplified System test series (10 minutes), I got a test result: "Module Failed to Start", but Passes for all components listed....