Windows 10: Surface 3 Pro keeps resetting network connection

Discus and support Surface 3 Pro keeps resetting network connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the past 2-3 weeks, my Surface 3 Pro has been dropping my hotspot connection in favor of a hidden network that isn't mine and I don't want to use.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevinO2084, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Surface 3 Pro keeps resetting network connection

For the past 2-3 weeks, my Surface 3 Pro has been dropping my hotspot connection in favor of a hidden network that isn't mine and I don't want to use. Any ideas on how to keep this from happening? Thanks!

:)

KevinO2084, Aug 20, 2018
  2. polo2883 Win User

Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3

Just upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10.

Now I have no network connections. The wireless drivers and the docking station drivers are all there.

I have tried uninstall and reinstall the drivers for both Marvell and Surface ethernet adapter and still nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

polo2883, Aug 20, 2018
  3. networking problem with surface pro 3

Hi Lawrence,

The issue that you’ve encountered when you’re trying to connect your Surface device to the Internet may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article
    on how to fix network connection issues in Windows 10.
    Once you’re on the page, you may expand and proceed with the steps from each option under the Show all section, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if you’re able to connect to the Internet.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Surface 3 Pro keeps resetting network connection

networking problem with surface pro 3

windows cannot access my surface pro 3 on my home network. diagnostics says "security or firewall settings on this computer might be blocking the connection"

LawrenceVaalburg, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Surface 3 Pro keeps resetting network connection

1. Surface 3 Pro keeps resetting network connection - Similar Threads - Surface Pro keeps

2. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  3. Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3: My first post, so be gentle! Just got an oldish Surface Pro 3 and I would like to do a 'factory reset' I'm trying to add an attachment [img] If I have uploaded the disk management image correctly, there seem to be more partitions than I was expecting! Would anyone like to...
  4. Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Support
    Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3: My first post, so be gentle! Just got an oldish Surface Pro 3 and I would like to do a 'factory reset' I'm trying to add an attachment [img] If I have uploaded the disk management image correctly, there seem to be more partitions than I was expecting! Would anyone like to...
  5. Slooooow wifi connection on surface 3 pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slooooow wifi connection on surface 3 pro: Suddenly I am experiencing very slow wifi speeds on my surface 3 pro. On all my other devices (desktop and iPhone) I get around 150 Mbs. Now on the Surface, I am getting under 30 Mbs. Recently I have added Version 1909 build:18363.476. I have removed the Marvell Wifi driver...
  6. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  7. surface pro 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f
  8. Surface Pro 3 will not connect to network on specific network port

Surface Pro 3 will not connect to network on specific network port: I am having this issue with a Surface Pro 3 on a dock, that when it is plugged in to a certain port it doesn't recognize the internet connection. If I take the surface to a different port and plug it in it works, if I get a different surface and plug it in to the port I am...
  9. Surface Pro 3: No Internet after Resetting

Surface Pro 3: No Internet after Resetting: Hi, I recently has the problem of the Blue death Screen or the Inaccessible_Boot_Device issue with my Surface Pro 3. None of the solution seems to work. It wont enter Safe Mode, it wont recognise the external Clean Installation Media USB drive for reinstallation. Finally,...
  10. Surface Pro 3 - no network in 10158

Surface Pro 3 - no network in 10158: I upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to build 10158 today, and I have no network. Under device manager, they are installed properly. I have tried using the Microsoft USB adapter, and the device shows as installed, but under Network Connections, no adapter is visible - no wireless,...