Windows 10: Surface 3 unable to get ver 1803

Discus and support Surface 3 unable to get ver 1803 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft Surface 3, 64-bit 4 GB Ram. Disk space : 79.3 GB free of 115 GB Browser : IE11 OS : Win 10 Home, ver 1709 Build 16299.431 All my laptops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by davidhk, May 12, 2018.

1. davidhk Win User

Surface 3 unable to get ver 1803

Microsoft Surface 3, 64-bit 4 GB Ram.
    Disk space : 79.3 GB free of 115 GB
    Browser : IE11

All my laptops were able to receive version 1803 on the very same day it was released. But, so far, my Surface 3 is not getting it from WU.
    I m not exactly complaining as I can always go to MS Update Catalog to get it, if I want to.
    I just wonder why 1803 is not offered to my Surface 3. There is no registry "hack" done on this tablet. In fact, I seldom use it.

:)

davidhk, May 12, 2018

2. SURFACE 3 camera and sound not working

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing sound and camera on Surface 3 device, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access camera and sound on your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing drivers, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

1. Press
    Windows key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting
    and select it.

2. Click on
    view all option on the upper left corner of Troubleshooting window.

3. Select the
    Hardware and Device options from the list.

4. Click
    Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

For further assistance, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Browse topics for Surface 3

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 30, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    wifi issue on surface 3

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you facing this issue after the firmware update?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

As you mentioned that you’re not able to connect to Wi-Fi not only the surface 3 as well as other devices, so issue may not be with your surface 3 it may be with your ISP.

I suggest you to check with your ISP provide.

Keeps us posted on the status of the issue, so that we can help you better.

Arun B J, May 30, 2018
Thema:

Surface 3 unable to get ver 1803

1. Surface 3 unable to get ver 1803 - Similar Threads - Surface unable ver

2. Surface book 3 unable to boot to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface book 3 unable to boot to windows: I have a surface book 3 i7 512 gig that was running win 10 after powering off the device for the night I attempted to start it back up the next morning and after the surface logo it went to a blue screen saying Recovery your device needs to be repaired similar to the one in...
  3. Surface book 3 unable to boot to windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface book 3 unable to boot to windows: I have a surface book 3 i7 512 gig that was running win 10 after powering off the device for the night I attempted to start it back up the next morning and after the surface logo it went to a blue screen saying Recovery your device needs to be repaired similar to the one in...
  4. Surface book 3 unable to boot to windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cant update from windows 10 ver. 1803 to newest version for 3 years

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant update from windows 10 ver. 1803 to newest version for 3 years: I have a DELL Inspiron 2330 All in one desktop. I have tried everything in the forum including all CMD scripts and scans. Nothing is working. My printer no longer works. Cant open printers and scanners. Windows update has been giving me an error for 3 years. Windows update...
  6. Surface Laptop 3 - Unable to get 4k@60Hz Thunderbolt / usb-c

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Laptop 3 - Unable to get 4k@60Hz Thunderbolt / usb-c: Hello! I have already googled for this problem but couldn't find a clear anwer. I have a Surface Laptop 3 and BenQ PD2720U. I use a usb-c cable as connection between the devices without docking station. I'm not able to get 4k@60Hz. But it works with my other HP monitor -...
  7. Surface 3 unable to load Windows 10

Surface 3 unable to load Windows 10: My Surface 3 is stuck in a loop where it is unable to load. The primary error is a kernel mode trap but there has also been the page fault in a non paged area. I have tried a USB restore and USB ISO and with both, the computer reads USB drive for about 10 seconds per the...
  8. Unable to get into surface, need to rest

Unable to get into surface, need to rest: My husband has not been able to use his Surface computer in over a year, as it won't take his password, reset codes etc. His virtual keyboard also won't work. We just want to reset it to factory settings and start over, how can we do this?...
  9. Registering Windows 10 ver.1803

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Registering Windows 10 ver.1803: I just bought a refurbished Lenavo computer from Secondlife-it. They have told me to register Windows 10 which came pre-installed but their instructions don't seem to work and Microsoft Support won't answer their phone. Can anyone please tell me how to do it. Thanks....
  10. update from ver 1803 to 1809

update from ver 1803 to 1809: My surface pro 5 is with 1803 But I cannot update it to 1809. Can I be helped? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-from-ver-1803-to-1809/3fb017cc-745d-44f1-bd15-1abbc25f6182

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1803 on surface 3 reddit

2. surface 3 pro problems updatint to 1803

3. surface 3 iso 1803