Windows 10: Surface Book 2, Microsoft On-Screen Keyboard, Use Swipe and Text Predictions In Chrome

Discus and support Surface Book 2, Microsoft On-Screen Keyboard, Use Swipe and Text Predictions In Chrome in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please tell me how to use the swipe and text prediction features of the on-screen keyboard in Google Chrome. Chrome is my preferred browser and I will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexJeffreys, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Surface Book 2, Microsoft On-Screen Keyboard, Use Swipe and Text Predictions In Chrome

Please tell me how to use the swipe and text prediction features of the on-screen keyboard in Google Chrome. Chrome is my preferred browser and I will not migrate to Edge.

If it is impossible to enable this functionality, I will be getting a refund for this computer. I expect these features are restricted in this way because of anti-consumer squabbling between these multi-billion dollar companies, and I'd rather not support Microsoft in that case.

:)

AlexJeffreys, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Clear on-screen keyboard predictions

Hello,

You can turn-off the prediction feature of the On-screen Keyboard by following these steps:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click/tap OSK or On-screen Keyboard.
    • Click Options under PrtScn key.
    • Under Text Prediction, uncheck the Use Text Prediction.
    • Click OK and confirm that the word prediction area above OSK is cleared.

Let us know if there's anything else you need.

Ian Ser, Jul 31, 2018
  3. on screen keyboard - text prediction question

Hi Joy,

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

1.Type On-Screen Keyboard
    on search bar

2.Click on Option at the bottom right corner of the on-screen keyboard

3.Turn off and turn on the Text prediction

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Surface Book 2, Microsoft On-Screen Keyboard, Use Swipe and Text Predictions In Chrome

Predictive Text on Virtual Keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that your concern is about turning off the predictive text from On-screen keyboard.

• Do let us know if you are using any third party application?

I would like to inform that Windows 10 is by design that you have no option to turn off the prediction in onscreen keyboard.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Surface Book 2, Microsoft On-Screen Keyboard, Use Swipe and Text Predictions In Chrome

1. Surface Book 2, Microsoft On-Screen Keyboard, Use Swipe and Text Predictions In Chrome - Similar Threads - Surface Book Microsoft

2. When using the on-screen-keyboard, is there a way to program the "Text Prediction" feature?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using the on-screen-keyboard, is there a way to program the "Text Prediction" feature?...: When using the on-screen-keyboard, is there a way to program the "Text Prediction" feature? For instance, when I type the letter "d" I want "Dominic" to be listed as a prediction....
  3. When using the on-screen-keyboard, is there a way to program the "Text Prediction" feature?...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When using the on-screen-keyboard, is there a way to program the "Text Prediction" feature?...: When using the on-screen-keyboard, is there a way to program the "Text Prediction" feature? For instance, when I type the letter "d" I want "Dominic" to be listed as a prediction....
  4. On Screen Keyboard Text Prediction doesn't work, but it's turned on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Screen Keyboard Text Prediction doesn't work, but it's turned on.: Why is that 99% of the time the text prediction doesn't show in On Screen Keyboard even though it's activated in options? It rarely pops up, but most of the time it doesn't, like while I'm typing this on the OSKI have no idea what version I'm using, but it's the newest...
  5. On Screen Keyboard Text Prediction doesn't work, but it's turned on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On Screen Keyboard Text Prediction doesn't work, but it's turned on.: Why is that 99% of the time the text prediction doesn't show in On Screen Keyboard even though it's activated in options? It rarely pops up, but most of the time it doesn't, like while I'm typing this on the OSKI have no idea what version I'm using, but it's the newest...
  6. Surface Book 2 with AZERTY to QWERTY keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Book 2 with AZERTY to QWERTY keyboard.: Hello,I have SB2 with AZERTY Keyboard and I saw that it is not that hard to swap the physical keys on the keyboard, of course at my own risk. My question is if I do this, do I ruin my guarantee and if someday something happens to the laptop and a replacement is needed, can I...
  7. Surface Book 2 screen not detaching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 screen not detaching: i haven't been able to detach my laptop's screen for the past several months. every time i try either something called lockapp is keeping it from detaching, or random background apps that dont seem like theyd keep my screen from detaching keep it from detaching. i literally...
  8. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  9. How to make text thicker on surface book 2?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make text thicker on surface book 2?: Hi, i am moving from macbook pro to surface book 2 and i am utterly disappointed because the text on surface book2 is too thin and hurting my eyes. i have tried cleartext and mactype and still i am not satisfied with text thickness. higher screen resolution to the fixed...
  10. Mute mic with Keyboard Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mute mic with Keyboard Surface Book 2: Where did the mute mic keyboard shortcut go? Every laptop I've owned has one, like the mute key. It is needed for web meeting in particular....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. swipe keyboard surface book

2. can I USE swiping ON-Surface Book

3. swipe to text Surface keyboard

4. surface book swipe type,
  5. surface book swipe keyboard,
  6. swipe text for surface pro,
  7. swipe to text on windows 1,
  8. windows on screen keyboard swipe,
  9. keyboard typing swipe on windows for surface book 2,
  10. swipe whatsapp surface book,
  11. surface book 2 chrome keyboard,