Windows 10: Surface Book wallpapers are all bad quality

Discus and support Surface Book wallpapers are all bad quality in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I've tried to change the wallpaper of my Surface Book 1, and every image i've tried has turned out extremely bad quality. I know that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Electriczspark, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Surface Book wallpapers are all bad quality

Hi,

I've tried to change the wallpaper of my Surface Book 1, and every image i've tried has turned out extremely bad quality. I know that the resolution of my surface is 3000x2000, and so i've tried images at that resolution, 4k+ images, and other lower quality images. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Electriczspark, Jul 23, 2018

2. Surface Book wallpapers are all bad quality

Hi,

I've tried to change the wallpaper of my Surface Book 1, and every image i've tried has turned out extremely bad quality. I know that the resolution of my surface is 3000x2000, and so i've tried images at that resolution, 4k+ images, and other lower quality
    images. Any help would be appreciated.

Electriczspark, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Surface Book wallpapers are all bad quality

Hello Electriczspark,

Just to verify, can you describe to us what happens to the wallpaper when you set it? Does it get blurry or pixellated? In Windows 10, when you set a wallpaper with a JPEG file extension, the system automatically compresses the image file before settings
    it as a wallpaper. And this might be the case to you. To test this, try using a different image with a different file format such as .png and see if it helps.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Mark Isi, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Surface Book wallpapers are all bad quality - Similar Threads - Surface Book wallpapers

2. Wallpaper quality and slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper quality and slideshow: Hi, question so when I was choosing pictures for my slideshow wallpaper and then I selected the folder I was going to use and when I opened the file explorer that popped up I saw no pictures in it but when I opened my file explorer in the taskbar it was there and when I...
  3. Wallpaper quality and slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper quality and slideshow: Hi, question so when I was choosing pictures for my slideshow wallpaper and then I selected the folder I was going to use and when I opened the file explorer that popped up I saw no pictures in it but when I opened my file explorer in the taskbar it was there and when I...
  4. Wallpaper Quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper Quality: So, I downloaded two wallpapers which were like Hd or something like that and when I put them as my wallpaper they became like 480p. How do I fix this? I only have one wallpaper that retains its original quality but I don't want to use that. Pls Help...
  5. Wallpaper Quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper Quality: So, I downloaded two wallpapers which were like Hd or something like that and when I put them as my wallpaper they became like 480p. How do I fix this? I only have one wallpaper that retains its original quality but I don't want to use that. Pls Help...
  6. Wallpaper Quality

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Surface Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book: I cannot install chrome browser on my Surface Book https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book/cda81878-dcdf-4625-9a44-7fe9e31ab73b
  8. Bad Quality Font

in Windows 10 Support
    Bad Quality Font: Lately I have been having low quality font and I am not sure what is causing this. I have tried playing around with cleartype (which is enabled) but with little effect. I don't really want to format to resolve this issue. [img] 164068
  9. Surface Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book: can I download icloud onto my Surface Book and if so how? want to import pics stored there from my iPhone. tried to trf directrly from the iPhone but they are held as optimised files and don't have enough storage to de-optimised if that makes sense. hope you can help....
  10. Surface Book 2 coming to all Surface markets

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Book 2 coming to all Surface markets: Surface Book 2 15” available for pre-order in 17 new markets starting today. m0WhrRIqT6Y Surface Book 2 is the most powerful Surface we’ve ever built, and customers love that they can run their most demanding applications from anywhere. For those of you who have been...