Windows 10: Surface helps Apple MacBook owners trade up to Pen and on-screen touch

Discus and support Surface helps Apple MacBook owners trade up to Pen and on-screen touch in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Receive up to $650 off a Surface Pro or Surface Book when trading-in a MacBook [img] Yesterday we introduced the world to the newest members of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Surface helps Apple MacBook owners trade up to Pen and on-screen touch

Source: Surface helps Apple MacBook owners trade up to Pen and on-screen touch | Microsoft Devices Blog

Brink, Oct 26, 2016
  2. dencal Win User

Looks like war has been declared.

:)

dencal, Oct 26, 2016
  3. On Screen keyboard pen mode not working.

Hi Dave,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you made any changes to the Surface pro 3 prior to the issue? (As you have said it used to work correctly)

• Are you able to use the pen while accessing other applications/programs except on screen keyboard?

• Is your system up to date?
    Reference: Meanwhile you may follow the suggestions in the below articles respectively and check if you are able to troubleshoot the problems with Touch keyboard and Pen.

How to use the Surface touch keyboard

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...the-on-screen-keyboard?os=windows-10#Splitw10

Troubleshoot Surface Pen

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...search/troubleshoot-surface-pen?os=windows-10

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know the required information if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 26, 2016
  4. nick13579 Win User

Windows ink feature for surface device running Windows 10

Thanks for the reply! So I can use the Surface pen on my Lenovo touch screen laptop?

nick13579, Oct 26, 2016
  5. Barman58 Win User
    War, War! "you can't do that on a Mac"

Barman58, Oct 26, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    List of devices the Macusers can trade in: Welcome to CEXCHANGE!

And no non-functioning garage sale crapola:

Cliff S, Oct 27, 2016
  7. One has to wonder what they will do with them after you trade them in? Enviro depot?
    One has to also wonder how many Mac owners would actually take Microsoft up on the offer?
    I'm guessing most would just wait for Apple to release a new Mac with those features added?

alphanumeric, Oct 29, 2016
  8. Barman58 Win User

Bill gates will probably re-cycle them quietly through one of his good causes *Wink

Mac owners would have a long wait, Apple would have to invent a few more patents, before they could start copying *Tongue

Barman58, Oct 29, 2016
  9. After installing Bootcamp, and Windows 10? *Zip *Tongue

10. Cliff S New Member
    Developers also need machines hooked up to Azure for testing their cross platform/OS apps.
    Maybe they have a Laptop Farm somewhere in a secrete bunker....

Surface helps Apple MacBook owners trade up to Pen and on-screen touch [​IMG]

Cliff S, Oct 29, 2016
  11. Barman58 Win User
    There are actually sources for the drivers for direct installation on Mac hardware so no need for boot-camp, though I haven't done it myself I've seen the working kit *Zip

Barman58, Oct 29, 2016
  12. After I posted it accrued to me that, that might be possible. Now that Windows 10 supports UEFI, etc. Anyway, very interesting that Microsoft is doing this. I couldn't afford one even if I had a MAC to trade in. Way outside my PC budget for either bit of kit.

13. Barman58 Win User

If you look at the MAC as just hardware there's not that much difference with the hardware available to run windows on, indeed we are at a stage that there is nothing that you can do on a MAC that you cannot do at least as well on a windows system. A lot of Media professionals ( the only pros that used Macs), are actually realists, and are mostly using a PC or moving in that direction

Barman58, Oct 29, 2016
  14. I've never used one or even seen one first hand. I do believe they were cutting edge at one point. Not so much these days it would seem.
    I lol, when I watch the Microsoft Events and see the glowing APPLE logo's in the crowd. It looks like Microsoft is determined to change that.

15. Cliff S New Member
    I don't think so myself, they're porting a lot of their(Microsoft) software to OS X, like Office: Office 365 for Mac, Office 2016 for Mac for example.

Cliff S, Oct 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Surface helps Apple MacBook owners trade up to Pen and on-screen touch - Similar Threads - Surface helps Apple

2. Touch screen and pen lagging / skipping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen and pen lagging / skipping: My touch screen and pen have recently started to skip certain areas on my screen. I have tired to calibrate and reinstall the touch screen but nothing has been working....
  3. Touch screen and pen lagging / skipping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch screen and pen lagging / skipping: My touch screen and pen have recently started to skip certain areas on my screen. I have tired to calibrate and reinstall the touch screen but nothing has been working....
  4. pen and touch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pen and touch: hello my name is ryan and yesterday i did and update on my computer and when it was done the touch screen function was uninstalled and i cant seam to find the driver anywhere on line. can some one help me out this laptop is in side of a truck and needs the touch screen...
  5. How to disable Pen and Touch actions on Microsoft Surface

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Pen and Touch actions on Microsoft Surface: [ATTACH]Microsoft Surface offers a touch screen along with support for Pen. However, not everyone […] This article How to disable Pen and Touch actions on Microsoft Surface first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Need Help with Surface Pen

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help with Surface Pen: Hello, I have a Surface Book 2 and just bought a MS Surface Pen. I have successfully connected it via Bluetooth to the PC, and have been able to launch apps via one click or double click just fine. However, when I switch to tablet mode, or undock my screen and re-dock it...
  7. touch screen surface

touch screen surface: Hi touch screen doesn't work went to device manager said complaine not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen-surface/0a6b21af-6b5a-4987-a5e9-7c57f9bb871c
  8. Surface pen and touch doesn't work after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pen and touch doesn't work after update: Not 100% sure but after last week as of this (10/29/18) touch or pen no longer works on taskbars. I can only click on the bar with keyboard. so i cant get to app or any other taskbar icons like action center. Notice one other thing since firmware update : The always on...
  9. pen for use on touch screen

pen for use on touch screen: what kind of pen do I need for a touch screen laptop (not Microsoft Surface). I have tried the non electronic ie just a rubber tip and they don't wot=rk as well as my finger...
  10. Touch screen on Surface pro and pen stop working after switching users

Touch screen on Surface pro and pen stop working after switching users: I have had a strange issue that I can reproduce with Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3. If I log in as user 1 and use it for a bit, then switch to user two. The touch screen and pen stop working. I have the keyboard cover with mouse and that still works. If I switch back to user...