Windows 10: Surface in Auto repair loop

Discus and support Surface in Auto repair loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know this is the wrong forum but it's about one last try to get my RT out of the Auto repair loop. Nothing works-can't get to a key board to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by spooky24, Mar 10, 2017.

1. spooky24 Win User

Surface in Auto repair loop

I know this is the wrong forum but it's about one last try to get my RT out of the Auto repair loop.

Nothing works-can't get to a key board to use command prompt or refresh in any way. I have downloaded 3 different repair USB's from Microsoft and nothing even the the repair jumps into it's own loop It's out of warranty

The only thing Microsoft advises that it is it's a BIOS problem and not their problem. The millions of customers they have lost means nothing to them.

People are starting to have a 'ditch the rt' party and record it on the internet.

They still don't care. The only solution is to open the tablet some how and remove the battery that powers the BIOS so it will reset. That is the last resource.

:)

spooky24, Mar 10, 2017

2. Windows 10 automatic repair on loop

My windows 10 operating system is locked in auto repair loop, I have created a windows 10 install dvd put it will not auto start when turning on computor. Just returns to auto repair loop any surgestions.

LizJones114, Mar 10, 2017
  3. Mike60H Win User
    Windows 10 Automatic Repair loop

This auto repair loop is not only frustrating but costly! Files lost on repair...Repaired our Dell XPS desktop last week and loop began again today..Microsoft please help!

Mike60H, Mar 10, 2017
  4. Surface in Auto repair loop

Hi Spooky.

While I don't own a Surface would you mind sharing which Surface you have. In this article they mention how to enter BIOS, well technically the UEFI.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en...-10&=undefined

It states
    How do I get to the UEFI settings?

The UEFI settings can be adjusted only during system startup. To load the UEFI firmware settings menu:
    Step 1: Shut down your Surface. Step 2: Press and hold the volume-up button on your Surface and at the same time, press and release the power button. Step 3: When you see the Surface logo, release the volume-up button.
    The UEFI menu will display within a few seconds.

Not sure if your Surface has this capability. I thinking if you can get in a shut off secure boot.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 11, 2017
  5. spooky24 Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I decided to order a tool kit and just take off the back cover and reset the BIOS by removing the battery and resetting the BIOS. I was one of the first to order the RT and it's 4 years old I just use it now for storage. I have a Surface 3 and 4
    It's 19 little screws and the battery is not soldered in to the MB I'm interested how this this is done.

I will let you know how it goes.

spooky24, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Surface in Auto repair loop

1. Surface in Auto repair loop - Similar Threads - Surface Auto repair

2. Auto Repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Repair loop: I was trying to help a neighbor with his computer. He forgot his startup password. After several guesses his computer went into the auto repair loop. I did all the tests and everything passed. I did a chkdsk. Nothing worked. I don't have a boot disc or thumb drive. What can I...
  3. Auto Repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto Repair loop: I was trying to help a neighbor with his computer. He forgot his startup password. After several guesses his computer went into the auto repair loop. I did all the tests and everything passed. I did a chkdsk. Nothing worked. I don't have a boot disc or thumb drive. What can I...
  4. Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto repair loop: Hey I kinda need help with something. When I turn on my laptop I get taken to an auto repair thing. I’m not able to reset my pc or run a sfc scan. I’ve been stuck on that for hours and I really need help trying to fix it. I’ve been looking up things to help me escape it but I...
  5. Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto repair loop: Hey I kinda need help with something. When I turn on my laptop I get taken to an auto repair thing. I’m not able to reset my pc or run a sfc scan. I’ve been stuck on that for hours and I really need help trying to fix it. I’ve been looking up things to help me escape it but I...
  6. Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto repair loop: Today when I turn on my laptop, I get a black screen that says "preparing automatic repair" and then changes to "diagnosing PC". They take me to a blue screen with various options. I have searched the internet on how to solve this, but nothing has worked. Whenever I tried...
  7. Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto repair loop: Today when I turn on my laptop, I get a black screen that says "preparing automatic repair" and then changes to "diagnosing PC". They take me to a blue screen with various options. I have searched the internet on how to solve this, but nothing has worked. Whenever I tried...
  8. Auto repair loop

Auto repair loop: Hi, my asus laptop is stuck in an auto repair loop any fixes i cannot restart nor boot into safe mode F4 i also recently got this app so called restoro to scan my laptop for any viruses or updates . When it was scanning it had a blue screen idk why could this new app cause...
  9. auto repair loop

auto repair loop: I have a pc that I use for gaming it recently started going in a loop auto repair mode telling me stop code page fault in non page are and it says what failed win32k.sys I have tried the offered fixes in auto repair with no luck I am not computer lterate but would really...
  10. Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto repair loop: y windows 10 got stuck on the auto repair inicialization loop. I've tryed everything, even restauring the system keeping only the files and it didn't work. I think it's a hardware problem. At the end I bought another notebook, and I'd like to know if there is a way of copying...