Windows 10: Surface on track to be Microsoft's next billion $ business

Discus and support Surface on track to be Microsoft's next billion $ business in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Looks like these might make some good business sense! $908 million last quarter revenue. I think we're going to see this grow with revision 4 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by EMINENT, Oct 23, 2014.

1. EMINENT Win User

Surface on track to be Microsoft's next billion $ business

EMINENT, Oct 23, 2014
  2. LEE
    Lee Win User

The way some folks talk you would think that Microsoft is going to put the Surface to bed. . .at close to a billion dollars in revenue it would appear Microsoft has other plans. . .*Wink

:)

3. BryanBlau Win User
    Song skips to next track on songs I have downloaded on the phone and had to restart downloads

thanks Greg! That seemed to work.

BryanBlau, Oct 23, 2014
  4. Surface on track to be Microsoft's next billion $ business

Song skips to next track on songs I have downloaded on the phone and had to restart downloads

Hi BryanBlau,

I'm not aware of a way to identify the skipping songs you described other than playing the tracks on your phone, but the Zune software on your PC will provide a quick way to redonwload the Music Pass content downloaded on your phone.

After signing in to the Zune software on your PC, click on Settings, Account, Subscription History. Here, you will have the option to restore the Subscription content, then re-sync this downloaded version to your phone as a replacement for the skipping
    songs on the device.

Regards,

Greg

Gregory A., Oct 23, 2014
  5. EMINENT Win User
    You must be talking of the trolls!

EMINENT, Oct 23, 2014
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    You must be talking of the trolls! Not sure what their called, albeit they are fun entertainment . . .*Roflmao2

7. Kari Win User
    Exactly.

It makes me always smile when I see these two threads of ours in New Posts, both updated, nicely together. It tells about how "sure and confirmed" news based on "I heard it from my mate who knows someone who once dated a girl working in an office quite close to Microsoft" are:

8. Surface on track to be Microsoft's next billion $ business

That is a big turn around. *Shock

lehnerus2000, Oct 23, 2014
  9. Many people like Surface. If people keep buying them Microsoft will keep making them. More power to them.
    I personally have never used one. If I ever want to go portable I will surly take a serious look at the Surface.

Layback Bear, Oct 23, 2014
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Some of the more "naysayers" against the Surface Pro should just have a look at what the markets think of Ms currently. Ms closed UP yesterday at 45.02 and is only 2 USD off its 52 week high -- and that's in a period where the markets have been falling a lot just recently.

(@ any market traders here -- Pre Market is at 46.30 that's 2.84% up at my local time 11.30 - so you can make a nice little weekend money by a little PUT option - Ms does Weekly options and the contracts expire on Fridays !!! -- but with Any investment YOU have to asses the risk of course).

I finally got all my trading hardware set up and working - starting with 3 large screens -- maybe I'll get another one !!

The markets are always more accurate than most of the "non Journalists" in some of the computer press.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Surface on track to be Microsoft's next billion $ business

1. Surface on track to be Microsoft's next billion $ business - Similar Threads - Surface track Microsoft's

2. Surface Tracking

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface Tracking: Hi guys i have / had a surface that has been either mislayed or stolen. my question is quite simple, if the device has been stolen and the user formats the machine and reinstalls windows, would this surface now be untraceable and lost beyond recovery ? Thanks...
  3. Billions upon billions of OpenWith.exe processes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Billions upon billions of OpenWith.exe processes...: OK, not really billions, but probably like 100+ "OpenWith.exe" processes keep popping up over time. This has been happening since I built my new machine. I don't recall this happening with my previous build and I am at a loss as to why this is happening at all. I've scanned...
  4. Microsoft’s Chrome OS rival Windows 10X on track to debut next year

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Chrome OS rival Windows 10X on track to debut next year: A few years ago, Microsoft started developing a simplified and locked-down version of Windows called “Windows Lite” for budget devices. Windows 10X (originally known as ‘Lite OS’) is still on track to debut early next year on mid-range devices from Microsoft’s partners....
  5. $5 billion lawsuit against Google for tracking private Internet use

in Windows 10 News
    $5 billion lawsuit against Google for tracking private Internet use: (Reuters) - Google was sued on Tuesday in a proposed class action accusing the internet search company of illegally invading the privacy of millions of users by pervasively tracking their internet use through browsers set in “private” mode. Read...
  6. What is new in Surface for Business

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in Surface for Business: As we discussed in our last Surface for Business blog, the Surface for Business portfolio is tailored specifically for commercial and education customers. We are constantly listening to and learning from our customers and have an amazing team dedicated to continually...
  7. Blue busy circle flashing next to cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue busy circle flashing next to cursor: Blue busy circle flashing next to cursor. I'm in Windows 10. Tried disabling all start-up apps and rebooting - still is flashing... Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-busy-circle-flashing-next-to-cursor/64cf156f-ac7b-41b0-8e79-8f27324cf465
  8. Microsoft will invest $5 billion in IoT

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will invest $5 billion in IoT: Today, we are announcing that we will invest $5 billion in the Internet of Things over the next four years. The reason we are doing this is simple: Our goal is to give every customer the ability to transform their businesses, and the world at large, with connected solutions....
  9. Surface blossoms into a billion dollar business for M$

in Windows 10 News
    Surface blossoms into a billion dollar business for M$: Microsoft announced its earnings today and for the first times since going on-sale, the Surface line of devices is officially a billion dollar channel for the company. Microsoft classifies its billion dollar organizations by a business channel that generate one billion...
  10. Microsoft buys LinkedIn for $26.2 billion

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft buys LinkedIn for $26.2 billion: Microsoft buys LinkedIn for $26.2 billion Microsoft is buying social-network vendor LinkedIn for $26.2 billion. [img] Microsoft is buying social-networking site LinkedIn for $26.2 billion, company officials announced June 13. The move fits in with Microsoft's...