Windows 10: Surface Pro 2 Issues

Discus and support Surface Pro 2 Issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; All,Last year I purchased a Surface Pro 2 from a friend of mine. Everything was working great until earlier this year. I woke up one morning and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by craigmh74, Jun 18, 2017.

1. craigmh74 Win User

Surface Pro 2 Issues

All,Last year I purchased a Surface Pro 2 from a friend of mine. Everything was working great until earlier this year. I woke up one morning and I wasn't able to access Windows. When I boot up, I was sent to the UEFI screen. I couldn't get pass it. I researched this problem online as well as having my friend look at it. We can't find a solution. This is what I tried.sfc / scannowRESULT: "There is a system repair pending which requires a reboot to complete. Restart Windows and run sfc again." I did that and ran sfc again.....same result.Startup RepairRESULT: "Startup repair couldn't repair your PC"Refresh PCRESULT: "The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again."Reset PC (partition drive)RESULT: "Unable to reset your PC. The system drive cannot be found."Reset PC (don't partition drive)RESULT: ""Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing."I'm thinking I may need to replace the hard drive...i'm no expert though. Taking it in for repair is my last option. I don't really have the money to get another one. So....I'm hoping I can fix this myself. The Surface was originally running Windows 7, but my friend upgraded to Windows 10 when I bought it. If the hard drive needs replaced, any recommendations? Any suggestions??Thanks,CH

:)

craigmh74, Jun 18, 2017

2. Screen time limit in windows parental control doesn't work when battery saver is on!

The issue persists.

I verified all our PC:

- 2 surface Book

- 2 Surface Pro 4

- 1 Surface Pro 3

In all cases the issue persists.

I think you should take care of this big protection leak!

LucaLiguoriGE, Jun 18, 2017
  3. Issues Surface Pro 2 after update

This morning I got an update with a "restart required" notice on my Surface Pro 2. I did the "update and restart" and now have multiple issues.

Main issues are:

I can not swipe from the right to get to the settings menu (and the screen is very dim so I need to adjust the brightness)

All of my apps are missing from the task bar and I can not switch to tablet mode to see my apps (because I can not swipe right)

The Windows prompt brings up a menu that I am not familiar with - all my normal programs are missing (I am able to open programs because I have Word and Excel documents saved on my desktop - so opening those will open the program)

CherylRandolph, Jun 18, 2017
Thema:

Surface Pro 2 Issues

1. Surface Pro 2 Issues - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Issues

2. Microsolft Surface 2 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsolft Surface 2 Pro: The laptop started having problems not starting and was under warranty at John Lewis. I arranged for the unit to be collected and read about backing up the hard drive so I purchased an ssd 1gb portable usb drive and followed instructions to backup the drive which took around...
  3. Surface Pro Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro Issue: So recently I've been having this issue with the Surface where after updating and restarting the taskbar does not respond. I've tried multiple "fixes" like the task manager "fix" and multiple other "fixes." So this is what happens, after updating and restarting I push on...
  4. Surface Pro 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 2: Just bought a second hand Surface Pro 2 which replaces my pathetic acer aspire. (from a electronic buy sell store) and its brilliant. Pen and keyboard inclusive. 2 year warranty Q: Pen and touch is active but what software do I need to 'write' on the screen. I have looked at...
  5. Attach Issues Surface Pro 2

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Attach Issues Surface Pro 2: Hi, I’m using a surface book 2 which for the last week has been spontaneously detaching (notifications and changes in default usage modes from oc to tablet). Now the computer is unusable - as it doesnt recognise being attached, won’t detach, and as such cant be charged...
  6. Surface pro 2 crashing BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro 2 crashing BSOD: Hi, dont know if this was opened somewhere else already or not. We bought 4 machines, all of them crash with BSOD only if they are unplugged - not being charged. As soon as you run any of the office apps and create a new spreadsheet/workbook error msg is:...
  7. Surface Pro 2 Keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 2 Keyboard: My keyboard won't type, nor will touchpad work. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the cover twice but still get alert that something's wrong with driver. Where do I go from here? Can I replace the driver? I'm current on Win 10 updates. I've cleaned contacts. Help!...
  8. Meet Surface Pro 6, Surface Laptop 2, Surface Studio 2 and Headphones

in Windows 10 News
    Meet Surface Pro 6, Surface Laptop 2, Surface Studio 2 and Headphones: New Surface devices, along with new innovations in Windows and Office 365, offer more performance and productivity across your whole life. Today we are proud to share four new Surface products with the world. Products built for people. We put our hearts and souls into...
  9. surface 2 laptop issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    surface 2 laptop issues: hello, i have surface 2 laptop, win 10 O.S . its a corp laptop. every time i wake it up from hibernate, laptop stuck and CPU is 100 precent. any idea why? also sometimes when i use office with that laptop, CPU is to high. thanks...
  10. Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2

in Windows 10 News
    Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2: Surface Pro The following update will be available in Windows Update and listed as “System Firmware Update – 2/24/2016” when you view your update history. Note When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to...