Windows 10: Surface Pro 2017 Battery Time Remaining

Discus and support Surface Pro 2017 Battery Time Remaining in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just got a new Surface Pro 2017. When I click on the battery icon or hovering over it, it only shows the percent remaining and not the time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rinconmike, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Surface Pro 2017 Battery Time Remaining

I just got a new Surface Pro 2017. When I click on the battery icon or hovering over it, it only shows the percent remaining and not the time remaining. I have a Pro 4 also with the Creators Update and it shows the time remaining along with the percent. Does anyone know if this is a setting? If so, where? I searched the device and web and cannot find it.

The time remaining is also not showing under settings/system/battery.

Thanks,

Mike

:)

rinconmike, Jun 16, 2017

2. Battery Time Remaining Not Showing on Surface Book 2

Sorry you didn't appreciate my attempt to help with the only good solution I have. As Volunteers we are not responsible for what features Microsoft includes in Windows.

Time remaining is very dependent on what is being done on the computer. And if that changes even a small amount the time can be shortened or lengthened.

Current info :

Surface battery and power

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023450/surface-surface-battery-and-power

There is more Battery information in Start - Settings - System - Battery

However not that show time remaining.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jun 16, 2017
  3. Battery Time Remaining Not Showing on Surface Book 2

Hi,

I recently bought a Surface Book 2. When I click on the battery on the taskbar, It shows percentages for the batteries in the tablet and in the base as well as the power mode. However, it does not show how long the battery will last (time remaining). Is
    there a way to get an estimate as to how much longer the battery will last?

Thank you.

Jack SmithYK, Jun 16, 2017
Thema:

Surface Pro 2017 Battery Time Remaining

1. Surface Pro 2017 Battery Time Remaining - Similar Threads - Surface Pro 2017

2. Battery Issues on Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Issues on Surface Pro: Hi all, recently i just picked up a brand new Surface Pro 6 i5 8GB RAM, this laptop/tablet is extremely versatile and great. The only particular problems i am having now is the battery issue. I was just watching some youtube and the battery was draining like crazy. It went...
  3. Clock on Surface Pro 2017 jumping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock on Surface Pro 2017 jumping: Dear Sir, I just bought the Surface Pro 2017, during using it, I observed the clock is jumping (some before and some after the real day and time). I go to the Bios and see the time in the BIOS jumping a lot and the second did not count properly: some time jump 2hrs, some...
  4. onedrive not connecting to surface pro 2017

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive not connecting to surface pro 2017: Last week my files stopped syncing to onedrive through my surface. It persisted for a few days through some troubleshooting efforts, so I decided to disconnect my onedrive account from my surface and reconnect it. When I do this: I put my email in, followed by my password,...
  5. BSOD on Surface Pro 2017

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on Surface Pro 2017: Hello, I just bought a new Surface Pro 2017 and I'm getting several BSOD errors, with the text "ATTEMPT TO WRITE READ ONLY MEMORY" while using the computer. Here are my DMP files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tpfrwyw8r9hm4u9/AACFVaze_x2Zh36kboK-Zs9sa?dl=0 Kind regards,...
  6. Battery showing unexpected remaining time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery showing unexpected remaining time: Hi, I have purchased Huawei's Matebook x pro from the Microsoft store last week. The battery remaining time sometimes is correct, but is mostly anomalous. The manufacturer boasts a battery run time of 12 hours. Is this a manufacturing issue or an issue of Windows 10? It...
  7. No battery time remaining

No battery time remaining: Hi, I looked on the internet a way to see the time remaining on my battery before it becomes empty but I didn't found anything useful. The only thing it shows me is the remaining time before it becomes fully charged. I currently have a Acer Spin 5 with Windows 10 Home. I...
  8. Why is the Battery Time Remaining Not Showing Up

Why is the Battery Time Remaining Not Showing Up: Whenever I hover over the battery icon, it only shows the battery percentage remaining, it doesn't also show the battery time remaining. When I click on the battery icon, it still doesn't show the battery time remaining. I even clicked on the battery settings, but it didn't...
  9. Surface Pro or Surface Book battery not charging

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Pro or Surface Book battery not charging: [ATTACH] Surface devices, especially the Surface Book devices are pretty complex. The Surface Book’s display can be taken off to be used as a tablet whereas the Surface Pro is a tablet which gets an external keyboard (type cover) and a [...] This post Surface Pro or Surface...
  10. Battery remaining time not showing in pop-up

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery remaining time not showing in pop-up: Hello. Normally, estimated time shows not only while mouse cursor's on top on the battery icon but also in the battery info pop-up (as shown below). In my new install, it doesn't. I wonder why, and this empty space..? How do i fix this? Thanks *Smile [img] 100848