Windows 10: Surface Pro 3 Dogged by New Battery Issues

Discus and support Surface Pro 3 Dogged by New Battery Issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This week, new complaints from Surface Pro 3 owners suggest that Microsoft’s recent fix for endemic battery life issues has in fact caused new,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Surface Pro 3 Dogged by New Battery Issues

Read more: Surface Pro 3 Dogged by New Battery Issues - Thurrott.com

Surface Pro 3 Dogged by New Battery Issues [​IMG]
    Tip How to Generate Report of Battery Usage in Windows 10

:)

Brink, Sep 21, 2016

2. Surface Pro 3 battery display stuck at 99%

I completed the update from 8/29 available from the following links -

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/pro-3-battery-faq?os=windows-10&=undefined

Surface Pro 3 battery indicator issues (stuck at 99% & percentage never changes)

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...pro-3-update-history?os=windows-10&=undefined

• v38.10.90.0 corrects an error that may occur on a limited number of Surface Pro 3 devices where the full charge capacity of the battery is misreported to the operating system and device firmware. This update corrects the firmware component that functions
      as a "fuel gauge" so that the battery capacity is accurately reported. See Surface Pro 3 Battery FAQ for the 8/29/2016 System Firmware Update for more
      information.
    And the steps to start and restart twice after the installation.

I have used my Surface Pro 3 regularly and have had a total of 5 charging cycles.

I just installed the update on my affected Surface Pro 3. What should I expect now?

After you install the update and restart your Surface Pro 3 a second time, you'll immediately be able to start using it on battery again. Over the next five charge and discharge cycles, the gauge will stabilize
    as it relearns the actual battery capacity in your Surface Pro 3.

However my Surface Pro 3 battery icon still displays 99% battery life constantly and then shuts down unexpectidly without warning.

HELLO. MICROSOFT - The UPDATE did NOT work!

Is there any other resolution to this problem?

I have also completed factory resets of my device in the past as well as checking for updates to the battery drivers.

All of which have provided me no resolution to this persistent problem.

Its greatly frustrating!

Please help!

LauraW7514, Sep 21, 2016
  3. How do i restore hidden icons to the task bar in surface?

Original Title: Surface Pro 3

how do i restore hidden icons to the task bar in surface? ie, battery level and speaker volume,mute. Surface Pro 3

HowardBecksted, Sep 21, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

And this from a company that's going to cure cancer within a decade!

Winuser, Sep 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Surface Pro 3 Dogged by New Battery Issues - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Dogged

2. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  3. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  4. Battery Wear on New Surface Book 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Wear on New Surface Book 3: The Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit shows that I have 4% battery wear on my new Surface Book 3 15", 32gb mem, 2tb ssd on the 22000 mWh battery not sure if that is the one in the keyboard or the screen. The 59700 mWh battery shows 0% battery wear. I have only had it for...
  5. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 4 Battery issues: I decided to charge the battery with the charger that came with the surafce. Unfortunately,despite having power through the charger and the charger looking as good as new, with no damage seen and the white light being on the side port. The battery is not charging or holding...
  6. Surface Laptop 3 Battery

Surface Laptop 3 Battery: Hi, I've recently bought: Microsoft 13.5 Intel Core i5 Surface Laptop 3 - 256GB - Black Advertised at 11.5 hours battery life, along with an expensive pricetag, I seem to be averaging about 5 hours of normal use litteraly microsoft edge and microsoft word. Any advice?...
  7. Battery Issues on Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Issues on Surface Pro: Hi all, recently i just picked up a brand new Surface Pro 6 i5 8GB RAM, this laptop/tablet is extremely versatile and great. The only particular problems i am having now is the battery issue. I was just watching some youtube and the battery was draining like crazy. It went...
  8. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  9. surface pro 3

surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f
  10. Surface pro 3 issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface pro 3 issue: Hello guys, I am runing windows 10 build 9926 on SP3 with all the updates. Beside the fact that the on screen keyboard is kinda buggy, i've noticed a big bug where you sometimes put the tablet to sleep [power button] and it wont come back up but is still runing. It...