Windows 10: Surface Pro 3 - No HDMI Audio Output

Discus and support Surface Pro 3 - No HDMI Audio Output in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my Surface Pro 3 HDMI audio stopped working last week, after a year or more of use. Any ideas would be appreciated. I only use this PC to stream... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rexnewman, Nov 27, 2017.

1. rexnewman Win User

Surface Pro 3 - No HDMI Audio Output

Hi, my Surface Pro 3 HDMI audio stopped working last week, after a year or more of use. Any ideas would be appreciated. I only use this PC to stream entertainment to the TV, and sometimes for Skype. No changes made by me. Thanks!

Here's what I've tried so far:

• Switched cables.
    • Switched output devices (receiver and direct to TV)
    • Reset Surface Pro
    • Disabled/Enabled UEFI TPM in BIOS
    • Disabled/Enabled "Intel Display Audio" in device manager
    • Messed around with advanced audio settings and format

:)

rexnewman, Nov 27, 2017
  2. Kelly2016 Win User

No Audio Output Device Installed On Surface Pro 3 (Windows 10)

same here. Microphone is not working. And if I use a headset - it echos and makes loud sharp sounds from the device driver.

Kelly2016, Nov 27, 2017
  3. dstrande Win User
    No Audio Output Device Installed On Surface Pro 3 (Windows 10)

No sound with speakers or headphones.

Windows update is up to date.

Happened after I updated to 10

Where can I get the driver for this?

Thanks for the help

dstrande, Nov 27, 2017
  4. Surface Pro 3 - No HDMI Audio Output

Try uninstalling the drivers for the sound card and rebooting matey *Smile

kingtez1984, Nov 27, 2017
  5. rexnewman Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I tried uninstalling the Intel AV driver, but no luck. The system also installed Feature Update 1709, which took about an hour (but seemed like 666 hours of hell with two little kids crying for Netflix). Still no go.

I've been a systems admin for 20+ years so I know my way around Windows, but I bought the Surface Pro for a no hassle reliability. It has a standard build, I only use it for one purpose, and never tweak anything.

So why am I now tasked with troubleshooting driver issues (or anything, for that matter)?

Oh well. At least my (free) Ubuntu on 8 year-old ZBOX still works great!

rexnewman, Nov 28, 2017
  6. TrustMe Win User
    I don’t usually recommend 3rd party driver programs but I used Snappy Driver Installer Origin when I lost sound with the update to 1709. Snappy Driver Installer does not come bundled with adware or other nasties that most driver programs do.

You have to be careful when downloading this program. The original author of the program (Snappy Driver Installer) let be taken over by someone else. They have since added adware and other things to it.

Snappy Driver Installer Origin by Glenn Delahoy is clean. This is the download link I used.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/sna...taller-origin/

This link is about the program.

http://snappy-driver-installer.org/about.html

You don’t have to download all the driver packs. Start out by just downloading the indexes. That will tell you what drivers are missing or need updating on the computer. Then just pick the ones you want to update.

TrustMe, Nov 28, 2017
  7. rexnewman Win User
    Just curious, did you have the same problem, HDMI output suddenly failing? (Wanted to clarify, as you just wrote "lost sound".) And your problem was on a PC, and not MS Surface Pro?

I very much appreciate your suggestion, but I'd rather not deal with the hassle of using a third-party solution to fix what appears to be Microsoft's problem. Like I say, the Surface Pro should be more or less a black box - the system is built by Microsoft and I do nothing to tweak it. So I find it astounding we would have to deal with something like this.

Come to think of it I had an audio issue with another computer, a Win10 PC, that made my voice on Skype (Desktop) sound like a chipmunk on speed. I could implement an annoying workaround requiring a reboot (every time I wanted to use Skype), but I finally gave up and used the Surface Pro instead. Now the Surface Pro HDMI audio is hosed.

rexnewman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Surface Pro 3 - No HDMI Audio Output

1. Surface Pro 3 - No HDMI Audio Output - Similar Threads - Surface Pro HDMI

2. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  3. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  4. HDMI Output Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI Output Audio: I connected my HDMI to my TV and attempted to play output audio through the secondary device but it is not detected in my sound settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-audio/518ee249-2648-404a-8e83-6a078caf080b
  5. Hdmi audio output from a website

Hdmi audio output from a website: While listening to my favorite fm station from the internet, kdfc.com, through an hdmi cable to my stereo reciever, Sony STR DH-510, my audio signal stops when my laptop screen Lenovo Windows 10 goes dark after the screen saver times out. How do I keep my screen saver alive...
  6. Audio output while connected with HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio output while connected with HDMI: I'm connected to a projector with an HDMI cable and want to use the audio output from the computer to connect to a local PA system. The default is that when HDMI is connected, the computer audio port is disabled. How do I enable it?...
  7. Surface Pro 3

Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  8. Surface Pro 3

Surface Pro 3: Is there a app to turn my Surface Pro into a phone? Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 3 / Install, update, and repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/surface-pro-3/3595d5eb-eefd-4427-81a5-68fc539fdff9
  9. surface pro 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f
  10. Surface Pro 3 VGA/HDMI output to projector

Surface Pro 3 VGA/HDMI output to projector: I just upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10 OS. There are issues with the compatibility and I’m suspecting the driver built in Windows 10. Does anyone having the same issue with me. Thank you! 18703

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro hdmi loc:US

2. surface pro 3 no sound over hdmi

3. surface 3 hdmi out

4. hdmi sound output surface 3,
  5. Surface Pro 3 Intel Display Audio HDMI,
  6. surface pro 3 dp hdmi no sound,
  7. surface pro hdmi audio not working,
  8. surface pro 3 outputs,
  9. surface pro 3 hdmi cable audio from laptop,
  10. surface 3 no hdmi,
  11. surface pro 3 hdmi audio