Windows 10: Surface Pro 3 screen replacement?

Discus and support Surface Pro 3 screen replacement? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday I dropped my 3.5 year old Surface Pro 3 - cracked the screen. The touch screen does not respond to touching now. I can get a newer version -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 24c, Jul 31, 2018.

1. 24C
    24c Win User

Surface Pro 3 screen replacement?

Yesterday I dropped my 3.5 year old Surface Pro 3 - cracked the screen. The touch screen does not respond to touching now.
    I can get a newer version - see pic - or try to get the screen replaced. This would be my 1st experience at having an electronic device repaired, very leery about it.

Suggestions appreciated!

Surface Pro 3 screen replacement? [​IMG]

:)

2. Brink Win User

Microsoft will replace Surface Pro 4 devices with screen flicker issue

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...screen-flicker

Brink, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Bug check error on Surface Pro 3 with error: 0x0000014f

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

We appreciate your interest in resolving the issue.

I understand that you had an issue with Surface Pro 3, as most of the troubleshooting steps could not resolve the issue and got the replacement for the device.

As Surface Pro 4 device also facing the same issue, I suggest you to contact the retailer as it seems to be an hardware issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Pro 3 - Feb. 20, 2018

Source: Updates for Surface Pro 3 (20 February 2018) Surface

See also: Surface Pro 3 update history

Brink, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Surface Pro 3 screen replacement? - Similar Threads - Surface Pro screen

2. Surface Pro 3 as an extended screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 3 as an extended screen.: I have a Dell Inspiron 16 operating with Windows 11 and want to use my Microsoft Surface Pro 3, also using Windows 11 as an extended screen. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Dell support and they couldn't get it done. They claim my Surface Pro lacks an app to make this...
  3. Surface Pro 3 as an extended screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 3 as an extended screen.: I have a Dell Inspiron 16 operating with Windows 11 and want to use my Microsoft Surface Pro 3, also using Windows 11 as an extended screen. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Dell support and they couldn't get it done. They claim my Surface Pro lacks an app to make this...
  4. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  5. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  6. Windows 10 Pro license after Surface Laptop 3 replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro license after Surface Laptop 3 replacement: Hi there, My Surface Laptop 3 was recently replaced by Microsoft Repair Centre. The old one had Windows 10 Home version upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and paying for it of course, but replacement device has Windows 10 Home edition again. Can I have the license transferred as...
  7. Surface Pro 3, black death screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Pro 3, black death screen.: Just lost access to all of my files, pictures, etc. when automatic update for Windows gave my Surface Pro 3 black death screen. What do I need to do to recover?...
  8. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  9. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro 3: Is there a app to turn my Surface Pro into a phone? Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 3 / Install, update, and repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/surface-pro-3/3595d5eb-eefd-4427-81a5-68fc539fdff9
  10. surface pro 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f