Windows 10: Surface Pro 3 with Simplo Batteries barely hold charge

Discus and support Surface Pro 3 with Simplo Batteries barely hold charge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you have a Surface Pro 3 and your battery life has been failing to live up to expectations, you are not alone. Based on a thread in the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Surface Pro 3 with Simplo Batteries barely hold charge

Read more: Surface Pro 3 with Simplo Batteries Are Responsible For Microsoft’s Latest Surface Headache - Thurrott.com

Surface Pro 3 with Simplo Batteries barely hold charge [​IMG]
    Tip How to Generate Report of Battery Usage in Windows 10

:)

Brink, Jul 18, 2016

2. Surface Pro 3 battery display stuck at 99%

I completed the update from 8/29 available from the following links -

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/pro-3-battery-faq?os=windows-10&=undefined

Surface Pro 3 battery indicator issues (stuck at 99% & percentage never changes)

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...pro-3-update-history?os=windows-10&=undefined

• v38.10.90.0 corrects an error that may occur on a limited number of Surface Pro 3 devices where the full charge capacity of the battery is misreported to the operating system and device firmware. This update corrects the firmware component that functions
      as a "fuel gauge" so that the battery capacity is accurately reported. See Surface Pro 3 Battery FAQ for the 8/29/2016 System Firmware Update for more
      information.
    And the steps to start and restart twice after the installation.

I have used my Surface Pro 3 regularly and have had a total of 5 charging cycles.

I just installed the update on my affected Surface Pro 3. What should I expect now?

After you install the update and restart your Surface Pro 3 a second time, you'll immediately be able to start using it on battery again. Over the next five charge and discharge cycles, the gauge will stabilize
    as it relearns the actual battery capacity in your Surface Pro 3.

However my Surface Pro 3 battery icon still displays 99% battery life constantly and then shuts down unexpectidly without warning.

HELLO. MICROSOFT - The UPDATE did NOT work!

Is there any other resolution to this problem?

I have also completed factory resets of my device in the past as well as checking for updates to the battery drivers.

All of which have provided me no resolution to this persistent problem.

Its greatly frustrating!

Please help!

LauraW7514, Jul 18, 2016
  3. Battery won't hold charge

My battery won't hold a charge. I have nothing running in the background and barely use it.

ShelleJohnson, Jul 18, 2016
Thema:

Surface Pro 3 with Simplo Batteries barely hold charge

1. Surface Pro 3 with Simplo Batteries barely hold charge - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Simplo

2. Surface Laptop 3 Battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3 Battery: Hi, I've recently bought: Microsoft 13.5 Intel Core i5 Surface Laptop 3 - 256GB - Black Advertised at 11.5 hours battery life, along with an expensive pricetag, I seem to be averaging about 5 hours of normal use litteraly microsoft edge and microsoft word. Any advice?...
  3. Battery not charging Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery not charging Surface Pro 4: Hi Ive done all the usial ACPi uninstall reset options It seems that i have to take the charger off and on again 3 times, the pc starts charging Then after 20 secs it stops Have to repeat the 3 times thing After 20 secs it stops Really odd...
  4. Battery Not Charging on Surface Book

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Not Charging on Surface Book: I have a surface book with Windows 10. After my last update last week odd things started happening. The battery refused to charge above 20% and various battery power savings had been switched on that I didn't ask for. I've managed to switch off these savers and my battery...
  5. SURFACE 3 won't hold charge

SURFACE 3 won't hold charge: after windows update, my SURFACE 3 won't hold a charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-3-wont-hold-charge/7f2f8193-737b-4e2c-a4e6-18c87aa616d3
  6. Surface pro charging

Surface pro charging: I have a surface pro and after a period the connection between che charger and the device got worse and now it doesn’t work anymore. This happened also last year and then sunstituded my device, and now same problem with the new one. I changed charger many times. Did this ever...
  7. Surface Pro 3

Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  8. Surface Pro 3 - Plugged in but not charging

Surface Pro 3 - Plugged in but not charging: Hello, I am having an issues that it seems MANY people have also had. My Surface Pro 3 only works when plugged in and when I remove AC power, it shuts off immediately. It reads "0% available (plugged in, not charging)." I have read countless threads on with this issues and I...
  9. Surface Pro or Surface Book battery not charging

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Pro or Surface Book battery not charging: [ATTACH] Surface devices, especially the Surface Book devices are pretty complex. The Surface Book’s display can be taken off to be used as a tablet whereas the Surface Pro is a tablet which gets an external keyboard (type cover) and a [...] This post Surface Pro or Surface...
  10. Surface Pro 3 Dogged by New Battery Issues

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Pro 3 Dogged by New Battery Issues: This week, new complaints from Surface Pro 3 owners suggest that Microsoft’s recent fix for endemic battery life issues has in fact caused new, different and more serious issues. In fact, some believe that it was Microsoft’s August fix that is causing this new issue. Here...