Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 - Changing Single Language Version

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 - Changing Single Language Version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, After attempting to change the display language on my Chinese Surface Pro 4, and also after much head-to-wall slamming, I have come to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Maeldun, May 22, 2016.

1. Maeldun Win User

Surface Pro 4 - Changing Single Language Version

Hello,

After attempting to change the display language on my Chinese Surface Pro 4, and also after much head-to-wall slamming, I have come to the conclusion that my computer is likely a single language version (why does this even exist? seriously....)

Surface Pro 4 - Changing Single Language Version [​IMG]
    This is my winver

So I've then resolved to reinstall windows 10 with an English version. There are some questions I have regarding this:
    • Is the best/only way to do it through the Window's Media creation tool? Would a refresh windows or something similar do the trick?
    • Is there a hidden partition on my computer with a system restore function?
    • What about product keys and such? Windows 10 came with my computer (obviously) and I don't know of any product keys. Will I need one when I install windows through a Window's Media creation tool?
    • Finally, to use the Window's Media creation tool, is there a tutorial for this? I downloaded it from the microsoft website, but it runs in Chinese.....

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

:)

Maeldun, May 22, 2016
  2. CM_V Win User

Changing System Language in Windows 10 Home

If you're using a windows 10 Home Single Language, you won't be able to change the language due to the language packs being locked.

You'd either need to change your license to a regular windows 10 Home version, or you can choose to upgrade your windows 10 Home Single Language to Windows 10 Pro.

Upgrading to Pro will unlock the language packs so you will be able to change language.

3. Windows 8.1 pro single language to windows 10 home?

I readed if you had the windows 8.1 pro single language, it will be updated to the windows 10 pro single language... And then, i updgraded to windows 10 but now is the version "Home single language"

Its an error? or that its the updgrade for the pro version?

Cinocefalo, May 22, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

0)They exist becaus they are cheaper.

1) you have to install new version - use MCT. You need a new licence.

2) There will not be a hidden partition as such, as windows 10 can rebuild itself. Also you can create recovery usb/dvd or simply use MCT.

3)You will need to buy a new licence.

4) There are tutorials on this site

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

cereberus, May 22, 2016
  5. Are the keys actually language specific? I "don't think" you need a new license. I could be wrong, but I don't think the keys are tied to a language, only the version. If it was me, I'd download the SL version, in the language you want, and see if it activates.

If you run this utility, https://www.tenforums.com/software-ap...7-showkey.html it will tell you if you have the single language version or not. The install media you create with the MCT will look for and use OEM embedded keys automatically. If the key is not tied to a specific language you won't be asked to enter a key. If your prompted to enter a key that means I'm wrong and it is language specific. If it won't activate, you can always just go back to the original version/language.

alphanumeric, May 22, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    I could be wrong here re key. I guess only way to find out is to try it.

cereberus, May 22, 2016
  7. None of my MSDN Retail keys are marked as being tied to any one language. I don't have access to the SL keys though? I can see where one might think they are, but I'm doubtful. Call me an optimist. As far as I know Microsoft has never locked keys to one language. If it was mine I'd try it. Nothing to lose (if your going to reinstall anyway) but some time testing it. It might save a few bucks too.

8. Surface Pro 4 - Changing Single Language Version

Your e-mail address is in your screen shot by the way. You may want to repost that image with it removed. I hate that Microsoft does that. *Devil

9. cereberus Win User
    Good news is that you can remove it in latest Insider versions.

In meantime, you can use a junk email account and use it as an alias to your normal account so only junk email is shown. Can't remember how I did it but was not too difficult.

cereberus, May 23, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Also, if your first login is with a local account, only the username for the initial local account will be displayed.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Surface Pro 4 - Changing Single Language Version - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Changing

2. Surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4: Will not allow use of mouse and it is showing red as usual. Restart and shutdown were done. Also can't delete numerous emails using shift. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4/7672285a-3b80-40cd-951b-38b76f76bc2e
  3. Surface Pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 4: I have an issue where when I switch on my Surface Pro 4 it boots are far as the screen saver and shows at the bottom that it is in Flight Mode only, no wifi etc. It also states the camera not available and requests sign in with pin which it will not accept or my password will...
  4. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: System and Firmware Update. 115195
  5. Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  6. Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4: Quite a large system update available today. 47842
  7. Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4: Surface Pro 4......Intel Updates. 49834
  8. Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4: System Update just released.. 56499
  9. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169
  10. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: So when am I going to be able to get a nice fanless SP4 machine to match this nice Windows 10 build! My SP3 is great, but starting to feel slightly tired (keyboard is looking very worn out) and fan always spins. Time for a refresh soon once SP4 comes out! 8304

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 4 windows language