Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 frozen after coming out of sleep mode

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 frozen after coming out of sleep mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After coming out of sleep I find the Surface Pro 4 unresponsive. I cannot pull up anything on the task bar. I have to hit Alt-Ctrl-Del and pull up Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChSpencer, Jul 27, 2018.

1. ChSpencer Win User

Surface Pro 4 frozen after coming out of sleep mode

After coming out of sleep I find the Surface Pro 4 unresponsive. I cannot pull up anything on the task bar. I have to hit Alt-Ctrl-Del and pull up Task manager and leave it running in the background to unfreeze it. This started after the 1803 Spring Creators update and it continues after the latest (7/26/18) Surface firmware updates.

:)

ChSpencer, Jul 27, 2018

2. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Jul 27, 2018
  3. How can i listen to music while Surface Pro 4 is sleeping?

Hi Santiago,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wish to listen to music in sleep mode.

Sleep is a power-saving state that allows a computer to quickly resume full-power operation (typically within several seconds) when you want to start working again. Putting your computer into the sleep state is like pausing a DVD player—the
    computer immediately stops what it’s doing and is ready to start again when you want to resume working. In Sleep Mode you cannot listen to music.

Step 1: You may try the option turn off the display in power options, to turn off the display and listen to music.

To choose when Windows turns off the display:

• Type Power options in the search box on the task bar, and select the same
    • On the Select a power plan page, in the task pane, click
      Choose when to turn off the display
    • On the Change settings for the plan page, next to Turn off the display, choose the display and sleep settings that you want to use.
    • Click Save changes.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps, from the below article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot Surface Pen (Surface Pro 4 version)

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en.../troubleshoot-surface-pen-pro-4?os=windows-10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Surface Pro 4 frozen after coming out of sleep mode - Similar Threads - Surface Pro frozen

2. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  3. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  4. Surface Pro 4 in Safe Mode - can't get out of this mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 4 in Safe Mode - can't get out of this mode: I restarted my Surface Pro 4 in Safe Mode and it's asking for my administrator password, which I don't remember. How do I gain access into my Surface now?...
  5. Surface Pro 4 goes to sleep mode even when Sleep is OFF

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 4 goes to sleep mode even when Sleep is OFF: So i just got my Surface Pro 4 replaced under warranty. I take my replacement out of the box, excited to finally have it back. (It had been broken for a couple of months before I realised it was still under warranty.) So as I boot it up, get through the setup, and start...
  6. Monitor won't come out of sleep mode after Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't come out of sleep mode after Update: My Dell Inspiron Desktop with Win 10 recently installed 2 updates: Security Update for Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack 3 (KB3213647) and 2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4041676). Following Cumulative Update...
  7. Unable to come out of Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to come out of Sleep mode: Running a Dell XPS 15, (L502X). Upgraded from 7 to 10 Pro yesterday. Played around a bit with the new OS and then went off to other things. Laptop went into sleep mode after 15 minutes as it always has. But this time I couldn't wake it up. Required me to power off the unit,...
  8. Laptop frozen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop frozen after sleep mode: Acer predator running on Windows 10 , my doesn't wake up after it went it to sleep mode and it be come frozen after that ,any ideas guys ? Plz help thx a lot 46697
  9. Crash (hard reboot) after coming OUT of Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Crash (hard reboot) after coming OUT of Sleep mode: Purchased refurbished Dell Optiplex 755 SFF came with Win7. Performed update to Win10. I only use this machine for watching tv in a spare room, so no important data. No extra software / bloatware / antivirus / etc is installed on it. Only USB device is an IR receiver...
  10. Won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't come out of sleep mode.: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. When it goes into sleep mode, if I swipe the touch pad within a few seconds it will come out of sleep mode. However if I'm not at the computer so that it is in sleep mode for a while, then when I swipe the touch to pad wake it up...